A Winter Wine Week
- Wine Tasting
- Price from:
- 2165 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/25/2007
Discover the world of Spanish Wines and visit some of the best regions! Tours and tastings of wineries in Priorat, Penedes, and Somontano, and some of the region's best gastronomy, based in Barcelona.
Arrive in Barcelona. Transfer to hotel. Evening welcome dinner and introduction to the region's history and culture.
Breakfast at hotel. A morning trip up to Montserrat Monastery, Spiritual and cultural beacon of Barcelona. From here you can visit the monastery, dating from the 10th century, and enjoy some of the best local produce, such as mel i mato, and an assortment of artisinal cheeses and wines. After lunch, head back to Barcelona and visit the Gothic Quarter, the Cathedral and the Plaza del Rei, stopping along the way to visit some of the city´s best and most innovative chocolatiers. A visit to the Picasso Museum completes the day. Evening at leisure.
Breakfast at hotel. Morning trip down to the Penedes region, and visit several wineries, including the ultra-modern Torres and the ecological Albet i Noya. After lunch, a trip over to the capital of Cava country, San Sadurni D'anoia, to get an in-depth look at the world of Spanish sparkling wines.
Breakfast at hotel. This morning we head down to Tarragona, where we find the two distinct regions: Priorat, one of the most impressive and recognized regions in all of Spain, and Montsant, a newly recognized region which focuses on low-yield, high-expression reds. Tours to wineries such as Alvaro Palacios and Scala Dei provide insight into the region's history and renaissance, highlighting the style which have gained this region's deserved acclaim. Also visit one of Montsant's most notable wineries.
Breakfast at hotel. Morning tour of the incomparable Sagrada Familia - Gaudi's inspiring modernista church - and the modernista route of Barcelona, including the modernist houses of Casa Battlo and La Pedrera. After lunch, head up to Alella, the smallest wine region in Spain, to experience its unique whites and rosés. A visit to the Parxet winery explains how the region's unique situation makes its wines distinct. In the evening, enjoy a wine dinner at a Modernist restaurant overlooking the valley and out onto the Mediterranean.
Breakfast at hotel. Today we head up to Somantano, one of the fastest growing "new" wine regions in Spain. Winery tours of Enate and Bodega Pirineos will help you gain a better understanding of how much these wines offer.
Breakfast at hotel. Morning tour of Las Ramblas, including the Boqueria Market. Stop along the way for one of the best Iberian ham sandwiches in Barcelona. At the end of La Rambla, visit the Maremagnum Port. Afternoon at leisure to explore Barcelona, get some shopping in or simply lounge in a cafe and soak in the culture. In the evening, enjoy a farewell dinner in one of Barcelona's most emblematic restaurants.
Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to airport.
- Inclusions -
- All accommodation
- Extras -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Barcelona
- Jewish Tour Jewish Barcelona - from 150 EUR
- Montserrat & Gaudi & Modernism - from 49 EUR
- Dali & Costa Brava Tour - from 69 EUR
- Full Day Private Priorat Wine Tour Gourmet Lunch - from 180 EUR
- Private Wine Cava Tour To The Penedes and Gourmet Lunch - from 170 EUR
- Barcelona Tapas Tour - from 95 USD
- Wheelchair Accessible City Tour - from 60 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 125 USD
- Gorgeous Illa Fantasia - from 13 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 140 USD
- Wine Tour The Wine and Cava region of Penedes - from 210 USD
- PhotoCircuits Barcelona - from 45 EUR
- Group Wine Tasting and Tapa Tour in Barcelona Old Town - from 80 EUR
- Penedes or Priorat Gran Reserva Exclusive Wine and Gastronomy... - from 315 EUR
- All Barcelona Monumental Highlights Tour - from 475 EUR
- Gaudi Barcelona Half Day Tour - from 47 EUR
- Montserrat & Winery - from 45 EUR
- Montserrat & Cavas trail - from 55 EUR
- Girona and the Costa Brava Trail - from 65 EUR
- Tarragona and glamorous Sitges - from 65 EUR
- Pyrenees & Vic - from 75 EUR
- Of Wine and Mushrooms Barcelona - 9 days from 2380 USD
- Romanesque Route and Pyrenees - 11 days from 1990 USD
- Barcelona and Zaragoza Expo 2008 - 7 days from 1760 USD
- Architecture Gaudi Barcelona and Gehry Bilbao - 8 days from 1096 EUR
- Southern Catalunya Bike and Wine Country Weekend Tour - 3 days from 549 EUR
- Culinary Short Break in Barcelona Cooking Class and Wine Tour - 4 days from 425 EUR
Email the tour operator - A Winter Wine Week
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.