Best of Slovakia
- Price from:
- 719 EUR /person
- +421 2 52491641
- +421 2 52491651
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/22/2006
Our Slovakia tour will take you from the Capital Bratislava and onto a path of fine towns and castles for you to admire and enjoy. From the banks of the River Danube to the Mountains of the High Tatra
Individual arrivals and transfer to the hotel in Bratislava - Free time Bratislava
A morning's tour of Bratislava's Old Town which overflows with young life and old history. See the superb baroque and neoclassical buildings which make up the Bratislava's Old Town. The real centre of the city is the Main Square with the Roland fountain as its centrepiece. Also the Old Town Hall which stands in the corner, with a cannonball fired from Napoleon's army still lodged in its side. View Bratislava from the castle which stands above the city, with breathtaking views of the River Danube. (B) (D)
Overnight in Bratislava.
Morning departure to the town of Trenčin which is called "Pearl of Pova_ie" - one of the most beautiful towns in Slovakia. It lies in the valley of the Vбh River. Trenčнn is guarded by the castle standing on a craggy hill above its old centre, which packed with historical buildings.
Free time for lunch. - Next stop Bojnice. The castle rises majestically out of the forested lowlands near to Malб Fatra region in Neo-Gothic splendour. Built in the 13th century and reconstructed early 20th century and modelled on a romantic French castle. Guided tour of this superb castle. Overnight Bojnice *** (B) (D)
Departure to the Slovak village of Čičmany. With typical old style wooden house clustered around the old church. We step back in time and ponder as to why these locals painted the exterior of their homes with artistic designs including animals, arrows crosses and hearts. Onto Ruzemberok for lunch - Next stop is the spectacular Tatra Mountains and the ski resort of Strbske Pleso. Here we will go for a mild hike or ride the cable car to the top of Krivбň for some spectacular views of this national park.
Overnight in Starэ Smokovec. (B) (D)
After breakfast you will visit Červene Klastor to visit the Carthusian Monastery and church with superb 16th Century frescoes. After lunch we will be rafting on the Dunajec River which divides Slovakia and Poland. The 5km journey beneath the towering walls of the gorge takes about 1 Hour & 30 minutes.
Overnight in Starэ Smokovec. (B) (D)
Town of Levoča which is crammed with fine Renaissance buildings. The jewel of the town is to Slovakia's greatest Gothic church, the majestic Church of St. James. Inside you will find a 19 meter high wooden altar, which is actually the worlds largest. Carved by the renowned Master Pavol after whom the town square is named - time for lunch and then onto the largest castle ruin in Central Europe, Spis Castle. These spectacular, photogenic ruins are worth a visit for the views of the valley below - late afternoon drive to Kosice. Overnight in Banska Bystrica (B) (D)
Free time to explore this small beautiful town of Banska Bystrica which boasts the country's grandest SNP square. Worth a visit are the remnants of a 15th century citadel or the museum of the Slovak National Uprising. Free time for lunch and onto the oldest mining town in Slovakia, this is the UNESCO town of Banska Stiavnica, with a visit to the mining museum. Free time to enjoy this pretty little town. Evening departure to Bratislava and check-in to your hotel (B) (D)
Free time in Bratislava with individual transfers to the airport. (B)
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bratislava
- Discover Bratislava and Devin Castle - from 40 EUR
- Little Carpathians Tour - from 62 EUR
- Communist Bratislava - from 36 EUR
- Wine route gastronomic experience and handicrafts - from 52 EUR
- Tour de Club Bratislava - 3 days from 99 EUR
Email the tour operator - Best of Slovakia
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.