Vagabond Ski in Transylvania
- Price from:
- 399 EUR /person
- UK: 0-808-101-6781
- US: 866-376-6183
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 12/18/2008
Explore traditional mountain villages, and enjoy the pine tree flavour and the smoke coming out of peasant houses chimneys!
Enjoy a winter break in the magical land of Transylvania!
Transylvania Live invites you to spend a wonderful ski break in Poiana Brasov (1030m-1750m resort altitude), the best ski resort in Central-Eastern Europe. Situated at the foot of the Postavaru Mountain,the resort is surrounded by pinewoods and magnificent mountainous scenery.
To go with your Ski Break's fabulous location we have chosen an elegant, cosy 3* hotel. The stylishly decorated rooms offer the highest comfort and relaxation that every skier needs after a full day on the slopes. The package includes complete ski equipment and ski pass for one day.
After a full day skiing or snowboarding tourist can choose from the wide range of bars, restaurants and discos. For an authentic Romanian evening we recommend an evening spent at either Sura Dacilor or Coliba Haiducilor restaurants. To accompany the tasty traditional Romanian cuisine in both restaurants you can enjoy the lively and animated atmosphere with Romanian folk music.
The Stana Turistica is a sheepfold a couple of kilometres away where tourists can enjoy fresh milk, cheese and other diary products. For those wishing to diversify their Transylvanian experience, the resort is ideally located to explore the local area and visit a great number of Transylvania's most cherished heritage sites. The medieval city of Brasov is only 12 km away, perfect for the shoppers, night-owls and those intending to explore sites of cultural and historical interest. The mysterious Bran Castle, better known as Dracula's Castle, is only 20 minutes away from the resort.
The price includes:
Accommodation: 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation in a 3* hotel
Transportation: return transfer from Cluj Napoca Airport, Transylvania
1 day ski pass per person in Poiana Brasov
1 day ski equipment hire per person â standard equipment model (ski, boots and poles)
Plane ticket, airport fees, travel insurance, lunches and diners and other not mentioned above
Bed and breakfast for one child under 3 years of age is free of charge. The ski pass and ski hire if required, they will need to be paid for separately.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodations: 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation in a 3* hotel
- Exclusions -
- plane ticket, airport fees, photo & video tax
- Extras -
- For 2009. Vagabond Ski in Transylvania tour, departs from February to March.
**minimum group size 4 tourists
Here is an itinerary to your taste but the departure dates are not suitable or you donï¿½t like to travel with big groups. Donï¿½t worry! You can take it as a private journey, with the preferred departure dates and your chosen travel companions, whether it is for a family vacation or a fun relaxing holiday with a small group of friends. For any question or inquiries about the tour please contact us
USD 2426* (EURO 1930) per person double occupancy,
based on 2 people travelling together
USD 1475* (EURO 1173) per person double occupancy,
based on 4 people travelling together
Single Supplement: USD 174* (EURO 138)
Solo Traveller: USD 5400* (EURO 4297)
The prices above are based on buying the itinerary as listed on tour page. We can customize the tour to meet your exact travel needs: change hotels, shorten or lengthen the tour. For any customization implying a new base itinerary, a tailor made fee of USD 310 (+VAT) is be required and will be added to the tour cost.
Please note that customized tours can take up to two weeks to ensure that all your requirements are met and that you are satisfied with the tour, so please plan in advance.
For private tours based on 1 to 2 people travelling together, a standard European car will be provided. For private tours based on 4 people travelling together, a more spacious off road vehicle will be provided.
Prices may be subject to changes based on currency fluctuation, availability issues or changes in local costs at the time of booking. Group discounts could be applied depending on the size of the group.
Also, please note that the itinerary could suffer small changes, as some activities require a minimum number of tourists. Depending on the number of tourists we will make any such changes at the time of booking.
Special notes & info:
What do you have to bring: touring ski boots, cloths suitable for skiing, sunglasses (that have UV filters), head light. Donï¿½t forget your spirit of adventure!
*The itinerary is flexible and could be changed due to bad weather conditions, fitness and other local conditions.
If the rented gear is being damaged by the tourist, he will have to pay the entire cost of the gear.
Vartop ski slope ï¿½ situated at 950 meters, it is 1000 m long and has a level difference of 220 m, medium difficulty, endowed with ski lift and illumination.
The new Arieseni ski slope ï¿½ 500 meters long, has a lesser difficulty suited for beginners and it is endowed with ski lift.
At Vila Vank country-inn each room has its own bathroom with non-stop hot water. Eating can be arranged at the villaï¿½s restaurant where traditional ï¿½motzï¿½ specialties are served. The ingredients for the meals are provided by the villaï¿½s own farm. On the ground floor of the villa there is a modern mini market.
The Big ski slope ï¿½ 1200 m long, medium difficulty, the level difference is 250 m and it is endowed with ski lift and snow bully.
The 2 star accommodation is situated at 1380 m altitude and 100 m from the ski lift. Each room is fitted with hot water, cable TV (12 channels), room heating and room service. The accommodation has its own restaurant, day bar and ATV rental is also available.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bucharest
- Dracula Castel Tour - from 150 EUR
- Bucharest Little Paris - from 45 EUR
- Revolution Tours - from 5 EUR
- One Day Trip To Peles Castle And Bran Dracula Castle - from 249 EUR
- Half Day Bucharest Sightseeing Tour Daily - from 30 EUR
- Panoramic Bucharest - from 42 EUR
- Discover Bucharest - from 52 EUR
- Bucharest Walking Tour - from 19 EUR
- Jewish Heritage of Bucharest - from 51 EUR
- A Day In and Around Bucharest - from 74 EUR
- Caldarusani St Nicholas and Cozieni Monasteries - from 52 EUR
- Bran Castle & Peles Palace - from 68 EUR
- Bucharest Dracula Day Trip - from 129 EUR
- Helicopter Tour Over Bucharest - from 374 EUR
- Helicopter Escapade A Glimpse Of Transylvania - from 6999 EUR
- Helicopter Dinning - from 4999 EUR
- Constanta and ancient Greek city of Histria 1 day trip from... - from 140 EUR
- Transylvania Castle Tour from Bucharest - from 105 EUR
- Night Tour of Bucharest and Club Dracula - from 85 EUR
- Peles Palace & Pelisor & and Sinaia Monastery Tour from... - from 100 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day1 - from 25 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day2 - from 25 EUR
- Castles Medieval Fortress And Brasov - from 44 EUR
- Dracula and Brasov Tour - from 44 EUR
- Little Paris All Highlights of Bucharest Full Day Tour - from 60 EUR
- Snagov Monastery, Mogosoaia Palace and Equestrian Center Tour... - from 70 EUR
- Snagov Lake Excursion from Bucharest - from 70 EUR
- Mogosoaia Castle Excursion from Bucharest - from 50 EUR
- The 2010 Romanian Rhapsody Tour - 11 days from 1489 USD
- The Awarded Dracula Halloween Tour in Transylvania - 7 days from 1289 EUR
- Romania Visit Dracula Land - 10 days from 650 EUR
- Central Highlights Circuit - 8 days from 420 EUR
- Misteries of Eastern Romania - 7 days from 300 EUR
- UNESCO Sites in Romania - 13 days from 1433 EUR
- All Romania Tour - 12 days from 1195 EUR
- Fortresses of Transylvania Painted Monasteries of Bukovina - 9 days from 904 EUR
- Civilization focused Tour in Romania - 9 days from 830 EUR
- Jewish Heritage in Romania - 8 days from 896 EUR
- Romania at a Glance - 6 days from 582 EUR
- A Bite of Romania - 5 days from 494 EUR
- A Sip of Romania - 4 days from 394 EUR
- Weekend in Transylvania - 3 days from 230 EUR
- Halloween Party In Transylvania With Vlad The Impaler - 2 days from 249 EUR
- Introduction to Transylvania 2 days tour - 2 days from 230 EUR
- Transylvania in 3 days - 3 days from 295 EUR
- Grand Tour of Romania World Heritage Monuments - 12 days from 1175 EUR
- The Real Dracula Tour Truth and Myth of the Legend of Vlad... - 8 days from 840 EUR
- Weekend Excursion To Transylvania Short Break Tour with... - 3 days from 325 EUR
- Private Tour For A Family With One Child - 17 days from 14369 EUR
- Best of Romania with Danube Delta - 15 days from 3689 EUR
- Best of Transylvania and Romania - 10 days from 1589 EUR
- 3 Days Tour On Valea Prahovei - 3 days from 100 GBP
- 3 weeks RezervationTour - 21 days from 100 GBP
- Bike Tour of Transylvania on the trails of Dracula - 8 days from 675 EUR
- Discover Romania Bike Tour - 16 days from 915 EUR
- Bike and Boat Tour of the Danube Delta in Romania - 9 days from 675 EUR
- Tour of Bucovina and its Beautiful Painted Monasteries - 4 days from 545 EUR
- The Dracula and Transylvania Tour - 5 days from 565 EUR
- Dracula Tour - 6 days from 800 EUR
- Hidden Romania The Flavour of Old Europe - 10 days from 895 EUR
- European Capital Of Culture In 2007 Unesco Heritage Sites and... - 7 days from 395 EUR
- The Historian The Tour - 9 days from 1599 USD
- Cultural Hiking Tour through the Carpathian Mountains of Romania - 9 days from 605 EUR
- Wine and Gastronomy Tour of Romania - 7 days from 725 EUR
- Transylvania and the Black Sea Coast Vacation - 12 days from 895 EUR
- Tour of Romania UNESCO monuments in Maramures, Bucovina and... - 7 days from 840 EUR
- The Real Dracula Halloween Tour - 7 days from 750 EUR
- Medieval Romania Tour of Transylvania - 5 days from 615 EUR
Email the tour operator - Vagabond Ski in Transylvania
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.