Transylvania in 3 days
- Price from:
- 295 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 07.00 pm
- We Speak:
- German, English
Last updated: 03/25/2008
Discover the fascinating region of Transylvania. This tour presents you the highlights of this region, including Brasov, Sighisoara, Sibiu, Dracula Castle, Biertan fortified church and Peles castle!
The tour takes you first to Sinaia, to the summer residence of the Romanian Royal Family, the Peles Castle. The castle is considered one of the most impressive in Europe. Though not very big, the visitor is always impressed by the rich decorations of the rooms.
Visit the castle built by Carol I of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and find out more about the Royal Family. Further visit Sinaia's oldest building, the Sinaia Monastery, erected at the end of the 17th century by monks coming from Mount Sinai.
Drive then to Bran, where on a 60m height rock the Bran castle lies. It was built at the end of the 14th century by the merchants of Brasov to guard the border between Walachia, the Southern Romanian state and Transylvania. For centuries it served also as a custom point. The area around Bran served for the filming of the movie âCold Mountainâ.
Your guide will show you the castle and you will have also some free time for having a look at Dracula souvenirs.
After an optional lunch in Bran, you arrive in the city of Brasov. Check into your centrally located hotel and discover the great atmosphere of the pedestrian area in the Old Town. A visit at the Black Church will be for sure one of the highlights of today's tour. It is the biggest gothic cathedral between Vienna and Istanbul. Inside you will see also the largest collection of Anatolian carpets outside Turkey. Many are more than 200 years old and were donated to the church by the Saxon merchants coming safely home from their business trips to Central Asia. Continue to the Schei quarter, the old Romanian quarter of the city. Here you will visit the first Romanian school and the old St.Nicolae church. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure.
After breakfast, drive approximately 1,5 hours through the smooth hills of Transylvania, covered by forests and centuries old villages and arrive in Sighisoara. The city is divided in two parts: the Upper Town and the Lower Town. You will leave the car in the Lower Town and walk up to the Upper Town. Once arrived up you are transposed to a totally other world, the Middle Ages. The walls of the city are intact to this day and so are 9 of the original 14 towers. On a walking tour see the defense towers, the Dominican Church, the Venetian House, Vlad Tepes' birth house, the pupil's stairs and the Church on the Hill. The Lutheran cemetery at the back of the Church on the Hill is really interesting, built up in steps and having very old stones. You can also go up the Clock Tower, which houses the history museum of the city. From the terrace above you will have a great panorama of the city. Further visit the Chamber of Torture and the Weapons Museum. After an optional lunch you drive to the small village of Biertan, where the most important fortified church in all of Transylvania lies, built at the end of the 14th century.. A local expert guide will tell you the story of this place and show you some amazing details. After the visit, walk through this original Saxon village, see the old houses, the horse carts of the villagers and their courtyards with animals. In the afternoon arrive in Sibiu â the Cultural Capital of Europe 2007 - and check into your centrally located hotel. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure.
You will meet your guide in the evening and drive around 20 minutes to the village of Sibiel. Here you will dine at a farmhouse and taste some Romanian specialties. Come back to Sibiu.
After breakfast, begin your day with a walking tour of Sibiu. Visit the Big Square, the centre of political, economical and cultural life of Sibiu for centuries. It the old times, it was here where the nobility and rich merchants of the city used to live. There are many important buildings on this spot, such as the Catholic Church built in the 18th by the Habsburg empress Maria Theresia. At that time Transylvania belonged to the Habsburg Empire and the governor had its residence in Sibiu. See also the splendid town hall of the city and visit the Bruckenthal Museum, one of the best art museums in South-Eastern Europe, which opened its doors in 1817. The building itself is a true jewel, being the former palace of Samuel of Bruckental, the most famous governor of Transylvania. Continue your tour to the Small Square, where the merchants of the city used to sell their products in medieval times. Admire the old town hall, a tower dating back to the 15th century and find out more about the legend of the Liar's Bridge. You will soon reach the impressive Lutheran church, one of the biggest in Transylvania, which houses some valuable pieces of art. An expert guide will give you a detailed tour of the church. You can also climb the tower of the church to have a beautiful panorama of the Old Town.
Continue back to Bucharest and stop on the shore of the Olt river, at Cozia monastery. The church dates back to the end of the 14th century and is inhabited by around 30 monks.
Visit here also the small museum displaying old Byzantine style icons and drive then further to Bucharest, where your private guide will drive you to your hotel.
- Inclusions -
- -Private driver-guide for the duration of the tour
- Exclusions -
- -Others not mentioned as included
- Extras -
- This tour gives you the opportunity to visit Transylvania's most famous sights. Besides beatiful cities and villages you will admire also some of Europe's most beautiful landscapes.
Write us now and plan your trip!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bucharest
- Dracula Castel Tour - from 150 EUR
- Bucharest Little Paris - from 45 EUR
- Revolution Tours - from 5 EUR
- One Day Trip To Peles Castle And Bran Dracula Castle - from 249 EUR
- Half Day Bucharest Sightseeing Tour Daily - from 30 EUR
- Panoramic Bucharest - from 42 EUR
- Discover Bucharest - from 52 EUR
- Bucharest Walking Tour - from 19 EUR
- Jewish Heritage of Bucharest - from 51 EUR
- A Day In and Around Bucharest - from 74 EUR
- Caldarusani St Nicholas and Cozieni Monasteries - from 52 EUR
- Bran Castle & Peles Palace - from 68 EUR
- Bucharest Dracula Day Trip - from 129 EUR
- Helicopter Tour Over Bucharest - from 374 EUR
- Helicopter Escapade A Glimpse Of Transylvania - from 6999 EUR
- Helicopter Dinning - from 4999 EUR
- Constanta and ancient Greek city of Histria 1 day trip from... - from 140 EUR
- Transylvania Castle Tour from Bucharest - from 105 EUR
- Night Tour of Bucharest and Club Dracula - from 85 EUR
- Vagabond Ski in Transylvania - from 399 EUR
- Peles Palace & Pelisor & and Sinaia Monastery Tour from... - from 100 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day1 - from 25 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day2 - from 25 EUR
- Castles Medieval Fortress And Brasov - from 44 EUR
- Dracula and Brasov Tour - from 44 EUR
- Little Paris All Highlights of Bucharest Full Day Tour - from 60 EUR
- Snagov Monastery, Mogosoaia Palace and Equestrian Center Tour... - from 70 EUR
- Snagov Lake Excursion from Bucharest - from 70 EUR
- Mogosoaia Castle Excursion from Bucharest - from 50 EUR
- The 2010 Romanian Rhapsody Tour - 11 days from 1489 USD
- The Awarded Dracula Halloween Tour in Transylvania - 7 days from 1289 EUR
- Romania Visit Dracula Land - 10 days from 650 EUR
- Central Highlights Circuit - 8 days from 420 EUR
- Misteries of Eastern Romania - 7 days from 300 EUR
- UNESCO Sites in Romania - 13 days from 1433 EUR
- All Romania Tour - 12 days from 1195 EUR
- Fortresses of Transylvania Painted Monasteries of Bukovina - 9 days from 904 EUR
- Civilization focused Tour in Romania - 9 days from 830 EUR
- Jewish Heritage in Romania - 8 days from 896 EUR
- Romania at a Glance - 6 days from 582 EUR
- A Bite of Romania - 5 days from 494 EUR
- A Sip of Romania - 4 days from 394 EUR
- Weekend in Transylvania - 3 days from 230 EUR
- Halloween Party In Transylvania With Vlad The Impaler - 2 days from 249 EUR
- Introduction to Transylvania 2 days tour - 2 days from 230 EUR
- Grand Tour of Romania World Heritage Monuments - 12 days from 1175 EUR
- The Real Dracula Tour Truth and Myth of the Legend of Vlad... - 8 days from 840 EUR
- Weekend Excursion To Transylvania Short Break Tour with... - 3 days from 325 EUR
- Private Tour For A Family With One Child - 17 days from 14369 EUR
- Best of Romania with Danube Delta - 15 days from 3689 EUR
- Best of Transylvania and Romania - 10 days from 1589 EUR
- 3 Days Tour On Valea Prahovei - 3 days from 100 GBP
- 3 weeks RezervationTour - 21 days from 100 GBP
- Bike Tour of Transylvania on the trails of Dracula - 8 days from 675 EUR
- Discover Romania Bike Tour - 16 days from 915 EUR
- Bike and Boat Tour of the Danube Delta in Romania - 9 days from 675 EUR
- Tour of Bucovina and its Beautiful Painted Monasteries - 4 days from 545 EUR
- The Dracula and Transylvania Tour - 5 days from 565 EUR
- Dracula Tour - 6 days from 800 EUR
- Hidden Romania The Flavour of Old Europe - 10 days from 895 EUR
- European Capital Of Culture In 2007 Unesco Heritage Sites and... - 7 days from 395 EUR
- The Historian The Tour - 9 days from 1599 USD
- Cultural Hiking Tour through the Carpathian Mountains of Romania - 9 days from 605 EUR
- Wine and Gastronomy Tour of Romania - 7 days from 725 EUR
- Transylvania and the Black Sea Coast Vacation - 12 days from 895 EUR
- Tour of Romania UNESCO monuments in Maramures, Bucovina and... - 7 days from 840 EUR
- The Real Dracula Halloween Tour - 7 days from 750 EUR
- Medieval Romania Tour of Transylvania - 5 days from 615 EUR
Email the tour operator - Transylvania in 3 days
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud: