Private Tour For A Family With One Child
- Price from:
- 14369 EUR /person
- UK: 0-808-101-6781
- US: 866-376-6183
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 17 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 09.00 am
- We Speak:
Last updated: 03/08/2008
Transylvania in Style, Private tour for a family with one child.
A tour departing from Bucharest. The tour includes the most important places: Eforie Nord,Danube Delta,Sinaia,Rasnov,Bran, Sighisoara.
Welcome to the capital city of Romania, Bucharest. Our English speaking guide connects with you at the airport. Once surnamed the little Paris, Bucharest is a city of strong contrasts, visit major highlights such as Parliament Palace, the second largest building in the world after the Pentagon and the largest administrative building in Europe; The Triumph Arch - raised in 1922 and standing 25 metres high, it is a little smaller than the one in Paris, but it is also located at the intersection of six boulevards, the remarkable architectural jewellery which is Stavropoleos Church, a combination of Romanian and Byzantine architecture, with beautiful frescoes and religious icons. Accommodate in a in a 4* hotel, centrally located.
Continue your exploration of the Romanian capital: lying on the banks of Herastrau lake, the Village Museum is one of the biggest and oldest outdoors museums in Europe, and can also be the perfect setting for your lunch - the restaurant inside the museum. Enjoy next a walk on Lipscani Street which marks the old city centre. Lipscani was the city's main street in the 18 century, it was for almost 300 years one of the most important street of the capital. Stroll around the streets of the old Bucharest city centre.
Monday, Bucharest- Eforie Nord (around 4 hours 45 minutes drive)
In the morning drive to Eforie Nord resort on the coast of the Black Sea. Known in the past under the name Carmen Sylva, Eforie Nord was dictator's Ceausescu favourite resort. It is here one can find the worldwide famous Ana Aslan Health Spa, within the 4* hotel. You can relax by taking a walk on the beach; enjoy a bath in the Black Sea or on hotel's private beach and swimming pool.
Tuesday, Eforie Nord - Neptun (around 35 minutes drive)
Visit today Neptun, another resort on the Black Sea coast. You?ll enjoy lunch in a traditional Turkish restaurant, the oriental design and atmosphere will be challenged only by the tasty oriental dishes: suberecuri, cobeteuri, the delicious baklava for dessert and the strong Turkish coffee on sand. In the evening return to your accommodation, the 4* hotel in Eforie Nord.
Wednesday, Eforie Nord
You can enjoy today the generous offer of Ana Aslan Spa, from relaxation treatments, wellness anti stress, mud baths, facial and body treatments, anti aging with Gerovital
Thursday, Eforie Nord - Tulcea - Mahmudia (around 3hours 15 minutes drive)
Leave the busy city life behind and drive to Tulcea to connect with the nature. In Tulcea drive to visit the Christian Orthodox Saon Monastery. It was built in 1846 and is home to some 40 nuns who run an organic farm on the banks of the picturesque Parches Lake. Here you can enjoy a lunch prepared by the nuns and served in the refractory adorned by hand painted frescos. After lunch stroll through the chapel and church at Saon before moving on to the Badila Cellars in the Niculitel vineyards. The vineyards of the area are said to have been planted by Roman soldiers in the 15th century. Enjoy a wine tasting before heading to accommodation, a lovely 4* hotel in Mahmudia, located on the banks of one of Danube?s Channels.
Friday, Tulcea - Danube Delta
Reconnect with nature, explore Europe?s last great wilderness destination, Danube Delta. One of Europe?s best kept secrets, the Delta is a world class conservation area and a paradise for nature lovers To capture the essence of the Danube enjoy today a boat trip, explore some of the main channels and lakes of the Delta. The Danube Delta is home to the largest colony of white pelicans in Europe - Rosca Buhaiova Lakes. In addition you can spot most of the birds of the area and navigate the narrow channels that connect the lakes and reed-beds.
Saturday, Tulcea - Sinaia (around 7 hours drive)
Prepare to leave Dobrogea region behind, transfer to Sinaia, the pearl of mountain resorts in Romania. You can stop for lunch in Buzau at Dallas ranch, where you can admire a copy of Tour Eifel from Paris. Accommodate in a 4* hotel in Sinaia.
Visit today the main point of attraction of Sinaia resort - Peles Castle. The edifice was built in 1873, on the order of Carol de Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and is an architectural mixture of the German School and neo-renaissance style. The castle has 160 rooms, all of them opulently decorated in leather and wood from the most valuable tree species. Peles Castle is one of the best preserved and the most beautiful royal residences in Europe. The castle also served as the retreat residence of most of Romania?s monarchs ? Carol I, King Ferdinand and Queen Maria of Romania (the niece of Queen Victoria of Great Britain). For a delicious dinner we recommend Palace Restaurant the place where the passengers of the famous train Orient Express used to dine.
Among the highlights you shouldn?t miss is Sinaia Monastery, founded by Prince Mihai Cantacuzino in 1695 and named after the great Sinai Monastery on Mount Sinai. The monastery consists of two courtyards surrounded by low buildings. In the centre of each courtyard there is a small church built in the Byzantine style. One of them - Biserica Veche (The Old Church) - dates from 1695, while the more recent Biserica Mare (The Great Church) was built in 1846. The monks possess a library that constitutes a repository for valuable jewels belonging to the Cantacuzino family, as well as the earliest Romanian translation of the Bible dated 1668.
Tuesday, Sinaia - Rasnov - Bran - Brasov
Head today for the heart of Transylvania. Morning drive to the medieval Saxon city of Brasov. On the way stop in Rasnov to visit the ruins of Rasnov Peasant Citadel, the largest peasant fortification ever built in South - Eastern Europe. Continue your journey with Bran home to Transylvania?s symbol ?Bran castle. Unrightfully called Dracula?s castle, Bran owes its fame both to its unique charm and to the myth Bram Stoker created around Dracula. Documentary evidence of the castle dates back as far as 1377. A true fortress and once a fort guarding the commercial road, all its walls are made of stone and the rooms and narrow corridors form a labyrinth of hidden corners and secret chambers. In 1920, Queen Mary, the niece of Queen Victoria of Great Britain, turned the castle into a beautiful summer residence. Close to the castle there is a shrine set in the wall of a mountain which once sheltered the heart of Queen Maria of Romania. Round up the journey in Brasov, a city with an outstanding medieval atmosphere which has played a vital role in Romania?s history, both old and new. Three quarters of the city is surrounded by mountains, and it is one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe. The most important landmark of Brasov is the Black Church, the largest gothic edifice from Vienna to Constantinople. Accommodate in a 5* hotel with a central location in Brasov.
Wednesday, Brasov - Sighisoara Citadel (around 2h15 minutes drive)
Enjoy today the medieval atmosphere at its best. Morning drive to the medieval citadel of Sighisoara, one of the best preserved and still inhabited medieval citadels in Europe, UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birth place of Vlad the Impaler, the Romanian ruler also known as Dracula. Visit the Old Clock Tower (concentrating Sighisoara?s history), climb the Covered Stairs and enjoy a lunch in the very house where Vlad was borne, turned today into a cosy restaurant. Accommodate into a lovely 3* hotel with an out standing medieval atmosphere.
Thursday, Sighisoara Citadel - Sibiu (around 1h 50 minutes drive)
Time to explore the European Capital of Culture ? Sibiu. The fortified town of Sibiu has always been the centre of Romania's German minority since medieval times and it is one of Romania?s most beautiful cities. The most important landmarks is Bruckental Museum hosting important work of arts Rubens, Tizian, Van Dyke. Sibiu is also the place to put your honesty to test ? try Liar?s Bridge, the legend says that if one utters a lie when crossing it, the bridge will collapse. Accommodate in the traditional Saxon village of Sibiel, 20 kilometres from Sibiu to absorb the rural atmosphere. Enjoy here a visit to the Icons on Glass Museum, the largest such museum in Europe. Overnight in a country-inn and enjoy a delicious home cooked Saxon dinner.
Stroll around the streets of Sibiu. Being the European Capital of Culture, the town offer is very generous ?lively streets, outdoor concerts, festivals, art crafts exhibitions. Visit the Village Museum, the largest out door exhibition of peasant settlements in Eastern Europe. For lunch we recommend Crama Sibiul Vechi (Old Sibiu Celler), one of the oldest restaurants in Sibiu, not only for the fine traditional dishes but also for the intimate, medieval atmosphere one can enjoy here. In the evening return for accommodation in Sibiel.
Saturday, Sibiu - Curtea de Arges - Bucharest (around 4h 20 minutes drive)
Return to the capital city of Bucharest. On the way stop in Curtea de Arges, one of the oldest Romanian cities, founded in the 14th century. Visit here Princely Church boasting frescoes from the 14th century and an icon unique in the world representing Virgin Mary pregnant. Another important tourist site is Mason?s Manole Monastery built by the Romanian ruler Neagoe Basarab. According to the legend, after building the monastery the mason, Manole was sacrificed by the Romanian Ruler, to make sure that there will be no other monastery built to challenge in beauty the one in Curtea de Arges. The monastery is unbelievably beautiful. Accommodation in Bucharest in a 4* hotel.
Relax and prepare for the flight back home
In the morning transfer to the airport for your flight back home
- Inclusions -
- Transportation: airport transfers, all land transfers inside the tour by Nissan Terrano from 2005, 7 seats dressed in leather, AC
- Exclusions -
- plane ticket, airport fees, photo & video tax and other not mentioned
- Extras -
- The price is: for 2 persons and a child
(price based on double and single occupancy)
For 2008, Private tour for a family with one child , depart on request.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bucharest
- Dracula Castel Tour - from 150 EUR
- Bucharest Little Paris - from 45 EUR
- Revolution Tours - from 5 EUR
- One Day Trip To Peles Castle And Bran Dracula Castle - from 249 EUR
- Half Day Bucharest Sightseeing Tour Daily - from 30 EUR
- Panoramic Bucharest - from 42 EUR
- Discover Bucharest - from 52 EUR
- Bucharest Walking Tour - from 19 EUR
- Jewish Heritage of Bucharest - from 51 EUR
- A Day In and Around Bucharest - from 74 EUR
- Caldarusani St Nicholas and Cozieni Monasteries - from 52 EUR
- Bran Castle & Peles Palace - from 68 EUR
- Bucharest Dracula Day Trip - from 129 EUR
- Helicopter Tour Over Bucharest - from 374 EUR
- Helicopter Escapade A Glimpse Of Transylvania - from 6999 EUR
- Helicopter Dinning - from 4999 EUR
- Constanta and ancient Greek city of Histria 1 day trip from... - from 140 EUR
- Transylvania Castle Tour from Bucharest - from 105 EUR
- Night Tour of Bucharest and Club Dracula - from 85 EUR
- Vagabond Ski in Transylvania - from 399 EUR
- Peles Palace & Pelisor & and Sinaia Monastery Tour from... - from 100 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day1 - from 25 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day2 - from 25 EUR
- Castles Medieval Fortress And Brasov - from 44 EUR
- Dracula and Brasov Tour - from 44 EUR
- Little Paris All Highlights of Bucharest Full Day Tour - from 60 EUR
- Snagov Monastery, Mogosoaia Palace and Equestrian Center Tour... - from 70 EUR
- Snagov Lake Excursion from Bucharest - from 70 EUR
- Mogosoaia Castle Excursion from Bucharest - from 50 EUR
- The 2010 Romanian Rhapsody Tour - 11 days from 1489 USD
- The Awarded Dracula Halloween Tour in Transylvania - 7 days from 1289 EUR
- Romania Visit Dracula Land - 10 days from 650 EUR
- Central Highlights Circuit - 8 days from 420 EUR
- Misteries of Eastern Romania - 7 days from 300 EUR
- UNESCO Sites in Romania - 13 days from 1433 EUR
- All Romania Tour - 12 days from 1195 EUR
- Fortresses of Transylvania Painted Monasteries of Bukovina - 9 days from 904 EUR
- Civilization focused Tour in Romania - 9 days from 830 EUR
- Jewish Heritage in Romania - 8 days from 896 EUR
- Romania at a Glance - 6 days from 582 EUR
- A Bite of Romania - 5 days from 494 EUR
- A Sip of Romania - 4 days from 394 EUR
- Weekend in Transylvania - 3 days from 230 EUR
- Halloween Party In Transylvania With Vlad The Impaler - 2 days from 249 EUR
- Introduction to Transylvania 2 days tour - 2 days from 230 EUR
- Transylvania in 3 days - 3 days from 295 EUR
- Grand Tour of Romania World Heritage Monuments - 12 days from 1175 EUR
- The Real Dracula Tour Truth and Myth of the Legend of Vlad... - 8 days from 840 EUR
- Weekend Excursion To Transylvania Short Break Tour with... - 3 days from 325 EUR
- Best of Romania with Danube Delta - 15 days from 3689 EUR
- Best of Transylvania and Romania - 10 days from 1589 EUR
- 3 Days Tour On Valea Prahovei - 3 days from 100 GBP
- 3 weeks RezervationTour - 21 days from 100 GBP
- Bike Tour of Transylvania on the trails of Dracula - 8 days from 675 EUR
- Discover Romania Bike Tour - 16 days from 915 EUR
- Bike and Boat Tour of the Danube Delta in Romania - 9 days from 675 EUR
- Tour of Bucovina and its Beautiful Painted Monasteries - 4 days from 545 EUR
- The Dracula and Transylvania Tour - 5 days from 565 EUR
- Dracula Tour - 6 days from 800 EUR
- Hidden Romania The Flavour of Old Europe - 10 days from 895 EUR
- European Capital Of Culture In 2007 Unesco Heritage Sites and... - 7 days from 395 EUR
- The Historian The Tour - 9 days from 1599 USD
- Cultural Hiking Tour through the Carpathian Mountains of Romania - 9 days from 605 EUR
- Wine and Gastronomy Tour of Romania - 7 days from 725 EUR
- Transylvania and the Black Sea Coast Vacation - 12 days from 895 EUR
- Tour of Romania UNESCO monuments in Maramures, Bucovina and... - 7 days from 840 EUR
- The Real Dracula Halloween Tour - 7 days from 750 EUR
- Medieval Romania Tour of Transylvania - 5 days from 615 EUR
Email the tour operator - Private Tour For A Family With One Child
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.