Bucharest Sightseeing Day1
- Price from:
- 25 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 hours
- Location Start:
- Your Hotel or Airport
- Location Finish:
- Your Hotel or Airport
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 07.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 09/03/2006
Discover the architectural contrasts of the former Little Paris! Amazing museums, beautiful parks, theatres, boutiques and antiquity galleries! See all tourist objectives in 2 full days sightseeing.
BUCHAREST SIGHTSEEING DAY 1:THE VILLAGE MUSEUM: An open-air museum, with around 50 cottages, farmsteads, churches, water-mills, workshops, and roadside crosses from all over the country.
HERASTRAU PARK: The biggest park&lake from Bucharest.
CASA SCANTEII: An impressive edifice standing somewhat menacingly at the entrance to the capital, it was designed by architect Horia Manciu and completed in 1956, one year after the strikingly similar Palace of Science and Culture in Warsaw-Poland.
THE TRIUMPH ARCH: Inspired by the Triumph Arch of Paris, he is the symbol of Romania's Great War for Unification 1916-1918.
NATIONAL HISTORY MUSEUM: The beautiful and neo-classical building house exhibition that go into detail about the country's history over the past two million or so years. Plenty of skeletons, jewellery, weapons and tools to see. There are also ancient imports from Greece and Rome placed in context by exhibitions on the empires that crafted them. The best exhibits are downstairs: a part of the National Treasure and the Lapidaruim, a plastercast of Trajan's Column from Rome.
THE REVOLUTION SQUARE: The square where the 89s Revolution started. You can see the former Communist Party Central Committee building - from were Nicolae Ceausescu held his last public speech, the Hilton Hotel - the old Athenée Palace Hotel, and the National Library building.
THE ROMANIAN ATHENEUM: Possibly the finest building in the city, with its sublime baroque cupola, the work of French architect Albert Galleron, is today the seat of the Romania Philharmonic George Enescu.
NATIONAL ART MUSEUM: The country's largest and most impressive art collection is housed inside the splendid former Royal Palace, first built in 1812. You can find a wide variety of works of Romania's greatest painters & sculptors and also a fine collection of Old European Masters.
THE UNIVERSITY SQUARE: The place of Bucharest University, Architecture Faculty, National Theatre, Intercontinental Hotel and others statues and monuments.
BUCHAREST OLD TOWN: The oldest district of the capital didn't lives now his best period, but is a part of Bucharest history. The most important objectives are: Sf.Gheorghe Church, Km 0 Square-the Romanian's Greenwich, Lipscani Street-ancient commercial street of Bucharest, Covaci Street-antiquity gallery street, Russian Church, BNR,CCA&CEC buildings, Victoria's Gallery, The Old Royal Court, the ancient Stavropoleos Church, Hanul lui Manuc- the ancient Inn in Bucharest )
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- PRICES: 50 Euros for 1 person!
65 for 2 persons!!
75 for 3 persons!!!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bucharest
- Dracula Castel Tour - from 150 EUR
- Bucharest Little Paris - from 45 EUR
- Revolution Tours - from 5 EUR
- One Day Trip To Peles Castle And Bran Dracula Castle - from 249 EUR
- Half Day Bucharest Sightseeing Tour Daily - from 30 EUR
- Panoramic Bucharest - from 42 EUR
- Discover Bucharest - from 52 EUR
- Bucharest Walking Tour - from 19 EUR
- Jewish Heritage of Bucharest - from 51 EUR
- A Day In and Around Bucharest - from 74 EUR
- Caldarusani St Nicholas and Cozieni Monasteries - from 52 EUR
- Bran Castle & Peles Palace - from 68 EUR
- Bucharest Dracula Day Trip - from 129 EUR
- Helicopter Tour Over Bucharest - from 374 EUR
- Helicopter Escapade A Glimpse Of Transylvania - from 6999 EUR
- Helicopter Dinning - from 4999 EUR
- Constanta and ancient Greek city of Histria 1 day trip from... - from 140 EUR
- Transylvania Castle Tour from Bucharest - from 105 EUR
- Night Tour of Bucharest and Club Dracula - from 85 EUR
- Vagabond Ski in Transylvania - from 399 EUR
- Peles Palace & Pelisor & and Sinaia Monastery Tour from... - from 100 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day2 - from 25 EUR
- Castles Medieval Fortress And Brasov - from 44 EUR
- Dracula and Brasov Tour - from 44 EUR
- Little Paris All Highlights of Bucharest Full Day Tour - from 60 EUR
- Snagov Monastery, Mogosoaia Palace and Equestrian Center Tour... - from 70 EUR
- Snagov Lake Excursion from Bucharest - from 70 EUR
- Mogosoaia Castle Excursion from Bucharest - from 50 EUR
- The 2010 Romanian Rhapsody Tour - 11 days from 1489 USD
- The Awarded Dracula Halloween Tour in Transylvania - 7 days from 1289 EUR
- Romania Visit Dracula Land - 10 days from 650 EUR
- Central Highlights Circuit - 8 days from 420 EUR
- Misteries of Eastern Romania - 7 days from 300 EUR
- UNESCO Sites in Romania - 13 days from 1433 EUR
- All Romania Tour - 12 days from 1195 EUR
- Fortresses of Transylvania Painted Monasteries of Bukovina - 9 days from 904 EUR
- Civilization focused Tour in Romania - 9 days from 830 EUR
- Jewish Heritage in Romania - 8 days from 896 EUR
- Romania at a Glance - 6 days from 582 EUR
- A Bite of Romania - 5 days from 494 EUR
- A Sip of Romania - 4 days from 394 EUR
- Weekend in Transylvania - 3 days from 230 EUR
- Halloween Party In Transylvania With Vlad The Impaler - 2 days from 249 EUR
- Introduction to Transylvania 2 days tour - 2 days from 230 EUR
- Transylvania in 3 days - 3 days from 295 EUR
- Grand Tour of Romania World Heritage Monuments - 12 days from 1175 EUR
- The Real Dracula Tour Truth and Myth of the Legend of Vlad... - 8 days from 840 EUR
- Weekend Excursion To Transylvania Short Break Tour with... - 3 days from 325 EUR
- Private Tour For A Family With One Child - 17 days from 14369 EUR
- Best of Romania with Danube Delta - 15 days from 3689 EUR
- Best of Transylvania and Romania - 10 days from 1589 EUR
- 3 Days Tour On Valea Prahovei - 3 days from 100 GBP
- 3 weeks RezervationTour - 21 days from 100 GBP
- Bike Tour of Transylvania on the trails of Dracula - 8 days from 675 EUR
- Discover Romania Bike Tour - 16 days from 915 EUR
- Bike and Boat Tour of the Danube Delta in Romania - 9 days from 675 EUR
- Tour of Bucovina and its Beautiful Painted Monasteries - 4 days from 545 EUR
- The Dracula and Transylvania Tour - 5 days from 565 EUR
- Dracula Tour - 6 days from 800 EUR
- Hidden Romania The Flavour of Old Europe - 10 days from 895 EUR
- European Capital Of Culture In 2007 Unesco Heritage Sites and... - 7 days from 395 EUR
- The Historian The Tour - 9 days from 1599 USD
- Cultural Hiking Tour through the Carpathian Mountains of Romania - 9 days from 605 EUR
- Wine and Gastronomy Tour of Romania - 7 days from 725 EUR
- Transylvania and the Black Sea Coast Vacation - 12 days from 895 EUR
- Tour of Romania UNESCO monuments in Maramures, Bucovina and... - 7 days from 840 EUR
- The Real Dracula Halloween Tour - 7 days from 750 EUR
- Medieval Romania Tour of Transylvania - 5 days from 615 EUR
Email the tour operator - Bucharest Sightseeing Day1
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.