Best of Transylvania and Romania
- Price from:
- 1589 EUR /person
- UK: 0-808-101-6781
- US: 866-376-6183
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 12.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hungarian
Last updated: 11/05/2007
A complete tour that combines Romania's most important cities with UNESCO heritage sites, Dracula stories and the best of Romanian's cuisine.
*Bran Castle - also known as Dracula's Castle, a legendary Transylvanian fortress dating back to 1377.
*Peles Castle - one of the most beautiful royal residences in Europe, home to most of Romania's monarchs
*Rasnov Peasant Citadel - the largest peasant fortification ever built in Eastern Europe
*Brasov City tour - explore the Medieval Saxon city of Brasov with its outstanding medieval atmosphere, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe
*Bucovina?s Monastery - UNESCO World Heritage sits, Voronet, Moldovita, Sucevita.
Sighisoara Medieval Citadel one of Europe's most beautiful and still inhabited fortified cities with a UNESCO World Heritage status.
*Merry Cemetery - discover in the picturesque and traditional area of Maramures how a cemetery can be merry.
*The European Capital of Culture for 2007 - the fortified town of Sibiu containing the largest concentrations of tourist attractions in Romania.
*Dracula's Castle on Borgo Pass - built in accordance to Bram Stockers's imagination on the border between Transylvania and Moldavia
*Bucharest city tour - to find out why the Romanian capital was once surnamed "the little Paris".
DAY 1 Friday, Bucharest
Welcome to Romania! You'll connect with our English speaking guide at the airport. Enjoy a city tour; discover why the capital city of Bucharest was once surnamed "the little Paris". Major highlights include: Romanian Athenaeum; Romanian Opera; the Triumph Arch, a little smaller than the one in Paris, but also located at the intersection of six boulevards; the Parliament Palace the second largest building in the world after the Pentagon; Stavropoleos Church an architectural jewellery, a combination of Romanian and Byzantine architecture. To have a complete picture of the Romanian capital you?re invited to enjoy a delicious traditional welcome dinner with folk show. Accommodate in a charming 3* hotel, central location.
Saturday, Bucharest - Sinaia - Rasnov - Bran - Brasov
Morning drive to Sinaia, the pearl of mountain resorts in Romania. Explore the main point of attraction, the royal Peles Castle, one of the best preserved and the most beautiful royal residences in Europe. Continue your journey with Transylvania's symbol, Bran Castle. The edifice owes its fame both to its unique charm and to the myth Bram Stoker created around Dracula. In 1920, Queen Mary, the niece of Queen Victoria of Great Britain, turned the castle into a beautiful summer residence. The largest peasant fortification ever built in Eastern Europe is your next destination. Your journey ends in medieval Saxon city of Brasov. Accommodate in a centrally located 3* hotel. To better capture the Saxon atmosphere, you'll enjoy a traditional Saxon dinner in one of the best restaurants in Brasov.
Sunday, Brasov - Sighisoara
Explore Brasov, a city with an outstanding medieval atmosphere which has played a vital role in Romania's history, both old and new. Visit the most famous landmark of Brasov, the Black Church, the largest gothic edifice in South - Eastern Europe. Next stop, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sighisoara Medieval Citadel. Founded by Saxons during the 12th century, Sighisoara still stands as one of Europe's most beautiful and still inhabited fortified cities. Sighisoara is also the place where Vlad the Impaler, known as Dracula, was born. Accommodate in a 3* hotel of an outstanding medieval charm, located in the heart of the medieval citadel.
Dinner in Casa Vlad Dracul Restaurant, the very place where Vlad Dracul was borne, turned today into a cosy restaurant.
Monday, Sighisoara - Targu Mures - Reghin -Bistrita
Another important UNESCO World Heritage Site on your itinerary, the traditional Saxon village of Biertan, home to the best known of all the Saxon fortified churches. From the Saxon area drive to Targu Mures, to also get acquainted with Transylvania's Szeckler influences. You can treat your self with delicious Hungarian recipes in the famous Laci Czarda restaurant. Evening in Bistrita Citadel, home to the impressive Dogarilor Tower (Cooper's Tower) where you'll have the privilege of meeting the honourable Misiuga, Baron of Dracula and admire an interesting hand made puppet exposition. Dinner is the culinary highlight of the day. Served in the Golden Crown Restaurant, Jonathan Harker Room, you'll delight yourself with the same dishes, the main character of Dracula, had when in Bistrita!
Tuesday, Bistrita - Gura Humorului
Visit today legendary places, made famous worldwide by Bram Stocker's novel. You'll reach Borgo Pass, the place where Bram Stocker placed the castle of the famous Count Dracula. Visit the Castle and the coffin and then head to Moldovita Monastery for a little prayer. The Church of the Annunciation of the Monastery of Moldovita has as well a UNESCO World Heritage Site status. The most spectacular fresco of Moldovita is considered The Fall of Constantinople. Enjoy a monastic lunch prepared by the nuns. Sucevita is your next stop, and then drive to Gura Humorului for accommodation in a 4* hotel.
Wednesday, Gura Humorului - Voronet - Sacel - Birsana - Sighetu Marmatiei
Start your day with the most beautiful monastery of Bucovina, Voronet, probably the most accomplished example of Moldavian architecture and painting, known as the "Sistine Chapel" of the East, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The fame of Voronet is due especially to its exterior painting realized on an inimitable blue background, and known throughout the world as the "blue of Voronet. In Sacel you're invited to visit the workshop of a skilled woodcraftsman and whiteness how wood takes shape and life in his hands. Continue with Barsana Monastery built on the right bank of Iza River. Lunch served at the country-inn run by the nuns. Accommodate in Sighetu Marmatiei in a 4* country-inn. For dinner we recommend Casa cu Pridvor. Restaurant for the delicious traditional Bucovinean dishes you can enjoy here.
Thursday, Sighetu Marmatiei - Sapinta - Baia Mare
Get acquainted to another face of Romania's history; visit the "Memorial" - an old communist prison turned into an impressive museum. The Merry Cemetery in the beautiful region of Sapanta is the next highlight of your day. The Merry Cemetery owns its name to the vivid colours of the headboards on which are naively painted scenes narrating the biography of the deceased. The house in which the artist lived and created is now a workshop-museum where Patras's disciples continue his tradition. Sapanta is also home to the highest wood church in Romania., an interesting place to visit. Accommodate in a 3* hotel in Baia Mare and enjoy the dinner in the restaurant of the hotel
Friday, Baia Mare - Cluj - Turda
Live Maramures region and head back to Transylvania, to visit the city of Cluj Napoca, an important Transylvanian centre with a rich history and beautiful medieval buildings. Drive to Turda, 30 kilometers from Cluj and accommodate in a lovely 4* hotel, often referred to as a medieval fantasy with beds. The imposing medieval atmosphere combines rustic and hunting elements creating an intimate and worm atmosphere. Dinner will be served in the restaurant of the hotel and will definitely be the highlight of the evening as you?ll taste a vampire menu.
Saturday, Turda - Sibiu
Prepare to descent to the heart of one of the biggest saline in Romania, the Salt Mines of Turda, with impressive halls named after kings and queens. Drive next to the traditional Saxon village of Sibiel and enjoy a home cooked lunch in the restaurant of a country-inn. The village of Sibiel is home to a museum housing an important collection of glass painting. Evening in the European cultural capital of 2007, Sibiu. The fortified town of Sibiu has been the centre of Romania's German minority since medieval times and it is one of Romania?s most beautiful cities. Visit the Village Museum, the largest outdoor exhibition of peasant settlements from all over Romania. Accommodate in a 4* hotel.
Module: You can complete your staying in Sibiu with a wine tasting session.
Sunday, Sibiu - Bucharest
In the morning visit a top tourist attraction of Sibiu, the Bruckental Museum, displaying important works of art: Rubens, Titzian, Van Dyke. Transfer to Bucharest airport for the flight back home.
- Inclusions -
- Entry fees to: Peles castle, Bran Castle, Risnov Peasant Citadel, Black Church in Brasov, Clock Tower, Medieval Weapon Collection and Torture Room in Sighisoara, Dracula Castle and Coffin in Borgo Pass, Moldovita Monastery, Sucevita Monastery, Voronet Monastery, Woodcraftsman workshop in Sacel, Birsana Monastery, Prison of Communism Victims in Sighetu Marmatiei, Merry Cemetery, Turda Salt Mines, Icon Glass Painting Museum when in Sibiel, Village Museum and Brukental Museum in Sibiu.
- Exclusions -
- other not mentioned.
- Extras -
For 2009 Best of Transylvania and Romania is guaranteed to depart on the following dates:
Here is an itinerary to your taste but the departure dates are not suitable or you dont like to travel with big groups. Don't worry! You can take it as a private journey, with the preferred departure dates and your chosen travel companions, whether it is for a family vacation or a fun relaxing holiday with a small group of friends. For any question or inquiries about the tour please contact us!
?1469* - $2949* / ?2089 per person, double occupancy,
based on 2 persons travelling together
?1219* - $2459* / ?1739 per person, double occupancy,
based on 4 persons travelling together ;
Single Supplement: ?199* - $299*/ ?299
Please note that customized tours can take up to two weeks to ensure that all your requirements are met and that you are satisfied with the tour, so please plan in advance. For private tours based on 1 to 2 people travelling together, a standard European car will be provided. For private tours based on 4 people travelling together, a more spacious SUV vehicle will be provided.
The prices above are based on buying the itinerary as listed on tour page. We can customize the tour to meet your exact travel needs: change hotels, shorten or lengthen the tour. For any customization implying a new base itinerary, a tailor made fee of ?159* - $302* + VAT (240 + VAT) is required and will be added to the tour cost.
*price in Euro and USD is for guidance only; balance will be paid in Euro.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bucharest
- Dracula Castel Tour - from 150 EUR
- Bucharest Little Paris - from 45 EUR
- Revolution Tours - from 5 EUR
- One Day Trip To Peles Castle And Bran Dracula Castle - from 249 EUR
- Half Day Bucharest Sightseeing Tour Daily - from 30 EUR
- Panoramic Bucharest - from 42 EUR
- Discover Bucharest - from 52 EUR
- Bucharest Walking Tour - from 19 EUR
- Jewish Heritage of Bucharest - from 51 EUR
- A Day In and Around Bucharest - from 74 EUR
- Caldarusani St Nicholas and Cozieni Monasteries - from 52 EUR
- Bran Castle & Peles Palace - from 68 EUR
- Bucharest Dracula Day Trip - from 129 EUR
- Helicopter Tour Over Bucharest - from 374 EUR
- Helicopter Escapade A Glimpse Of Transylvania - from 6999 EUR
- Helicopter Dinning - from 4999 EUR
- Constanta and ancient Greek city of Histria 1 day trip from... - from 140 EUR
- Transylvania Castle Tour from Bucharest - from 105 EUR
- Night Tour of Bucharest and Club Dracula - from 85 EUR
- Vagabond Ski in Transylvania - from 399 EUR
- Peles Palace & Pelisor & and Sinaia Monastery Tour from... - from 100 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day1 - from 25 EUR
- Bucharest Sightseeing Day2 - from 25 EUR
- Castles Medieval Fortress And Brasov - from 44 EUR
- Dracula and Brasov Tour - from 44 EUR
- Little Paris All Highlights of Bucharest Full Day Tour - from 60 EUR
- Snagov Monastery, Mogosoaia Palace and Equestrian Center Tour... - from 70 EUR
- Snagov Lake Excursion from Bucharest - from 70 EUR
- Mogosoaia Castle Excursion from Bucharest - from 50 EUR
- The 2010 Romanian Rhapsody Tour - 11 days from 1489 USD
- The Awarded Dracula Halloween Tour in Transylvania - 7 days from 1289 EUR
- Romania Visit Dracula Land - 10 days from 650 EUR
- Central Highlights Circuit - 8 days from 420 EUR
- Misteries of Eastern Romania - 7 days from 300 EUR
- UNESCO Sites in Romania - 13 days from 1433 EUR
- All Romania Tour - 12 days from 1195 EUR
- Fortresses of Transylvania Painted Monasteries of Bukovina - 9 days from 904 EUR
- Civilization focused Tour in Romania - 9 days from 830 EUR
- Jewish Heritage in Romania - 8 days from 896 EUR
- Romania at a Glance - 6 days from 582 EUR
- A Bite of Romania - 5 days from 494 EUR
- A Sip of Romania - 4 days from 394 EUR
- Weekend in Transylvania - 3 days from 230 EUR
- Halloween Party In Transylvania With Vlad The Impaler - 2 days from 249 EUR
- Introduction to Transylvania 2 days tour - 2 days from 230 EUR
- Transylvania in 3 days - 3 days from 295 EUR
- Grand Tour of Romania World Heritage Monuments - 12 days from 1175 EUR
- The Real Dracula Tour Truth and Myth of the Legend of Vlad... - 8 days from 840 EUR
- Weekend Excursion To Transylvania Short Break Tour with... - 3 days from 325 EUR
- Private Tour For A Family With One Child - 17 days from 14369 EUR
- Best of Romania with Danube Delta - 15 days from 3689 EUR
- 3 Days Tour On Valea Prahovei - 3 days from 100 GBP
- 3 weeks RezervationTour - 21 days from 100 GBP
- Bike Tour of Transylvania on the trails of Dracula - 8 days from 675 EUR
- Discover Romania Bike Tour - 16 days from 915 EUR
- Bike and Boat Tour of the Danube Delta in Romania - 9 days from 675 EUR
- Tour of Bucovina and its Beautiful Painted Monasteries - 4 days from 545 EUR
- The Dracula and Transylvania Tour - 5 days from 565 EUR
- Dracula Tour - 6 days from 800 EUR
- Hidden Romania The Flavour of Old Europe - 10 days from 895 EUR
- European Capital Of Culture In 2007 Unesco Heritage Sites and... - 7 days from 395 EUR
- The Historian The Tour - 9 days from 1599 USD
- Cultural Hiking Tour through the Carpathian Mountains of Romania - 9 days from 605 EUR
- Wine and Gastronomy Tour of Romania - 7 days from 725 EUR
- Transylvania and the Black Sea Coast Vacation - 12 days from 895 EUR
- Tour of Romania UNESCO monuments in Maramures, Bucovina and... - 7 days from 840 EUR
- The Real Dracula Halloween Tour - 7 days from 750 EUR
- Medieval Romania Tour of Transylvania - 5 days from 615 EUR
Email the tour operator - Best of Transylvania and Romania
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud: