Transylvanian Walking Tour Hiking tour for leisure walkers
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 1429 EUR /person
- UK: 0-808-101-6781
- US: 866-376-6183
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 02.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 12/18/2008
A 7 day guided walking tour ideal for families, seniors and even passionate hikers. The tour is designed so that you can decide for yourself the level of difficulty of the hiking routes each day.
*Bran Castle - also known as Dracula's Castle, a legendary Transylvanian fortress dating back to 1377
*Peles Castle - one of the most beautiful royal residences in Europe, home to most of Romania's monarchs
*Dambovicioarei Gorges - one of the largest gorges in Romania, stretching on 2 kilometres, charming the eyes of the visitors with its steep walls, the peaks reaching 200 meters.
*Dambovicioarei Cave - an impressive gallery stretching on 250 meters dating back prior to 1579.
*Brasov City tour - explore the Medieval Saxon city of Brasov with its outstanding medieval atmosphere, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe
*Bucharest city tour - to find out why the Romanian capital was once surnamed "the little Paris"
Level and Fitness
The tour is designed so that you can decide for yourself the level of difficulty of the hiking routes each day. You can choose relaxing walks or to push your limits and hike up to 1740 meters.
Day by day itinerary:
DAY 1 Friday, Bucharest - Sinaia - Brasov - Predelut
Welcome to Romania! Our English speaking guide connects with you at the Bucharest Airport. Transfer to the beautiful village of Predelut. The village is located on the Rucar - Moeciu - Bran corridor, famous worldwide for the traditional homemade cheese assortments produced here (the ones smoked in pine tree bark are particularly delicious), the breath taking landscape and the hospitality of the people. The corridor is guarded on the left side by the Piatra Craiului National Park while on the right side one can delight with the impressive landscape of Bucegi Mountains. The route to Predelut crosses Sinaia, the pearl of mountain resorts in Romania, home to Peles Castle, the main point of attraction of the resort, one of the most beautiful royal residences in Europe. Next stop is the Medieval Saxon City of Brasov, a city with an outstanding medieval atmosphere. Three quarters of the city is surrounded by mountains, and it is one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe. The most famous landmark of Brasov is the Black Church, the largest gothic edifice built in Southern Europe. Accommodate in Predelut in a 4* country-inn.
Wake up to the smell of the fresh, pine tree flavoured air of the area. After breakfast start the hiking programme, the guide will recommend the best, most worth seen routes and depending on how you feel and the weather you can choose what better suits you, a challenging route or a relaxing walk. Hiking route will include Predelut - Magura - Zarnesti Precipices and if you feel up to it you can hike up to Curmatura - 1740 meters. You could enjoy a picnic lunch on the route.
Sunday, Predelut ï¿½ Moeciu de Jos
After breakfast drive to Moeciu de Jos village, located at the North-West foot of Bucegi Mountains and the East foot of Piatra Craiului Mountains, at an altitude of 700- 900 meters, and it is one of the oldest access ways connecting Transylvania and Walachia. On the way to Moeciu de Jos stop in Bran to visit Bran Castle, Transylvaniaï¿½s living legend, unrightfully called Draculaï¿½s Castle. The castle owes its fame both to its unique charm and to the myth Bram Stoker created around Dracula. Documentary evidence of the castle dates back as far as 1377. A true fortress and once a fort guarding the commercial road, all its walls are made of stone and the rooms and narrow corridors form a labyrinth of hidden corners and secret chambers.In 1920, Queen Mary, the niece of Queen Victoria of Great Britain, turned the castle into a beautiful summer residence. Close to the castle there is a shrine set in the wall of a mountain which once sheltered her heart. Today the castle is an impressive medieval museum. In Moeciu de Jos accommodate in a welcoming guest house.
Monday, Moeciu de Jos
Today explore the beautiful landscape of Moeciu de Jos, hike in the area of Zbarcioarei Valley, the Cave, Sirnea, enjoy the beautiful Carpathian landscape. Enjoy a picnic lunch on the hiking route. In the evening return to the accommodation.
Tuesday, Moeciu de Jos - Bucharest
Say good by to the beautiful scenery of Carpathians Mountains and drive to Bucharest. On the way to Bucharest stop to visit Dambovicioarei Gorges and Dambovicioarei Cave. Dambovicioarei Gorges are amongst the largest gorges in Romania, stretching on 2 kilometres, charming the eyes of the visitors with its steep walls, the peaks reaching 200 meters. Due to the calcareous structure many caves were formed. The most impressive, the largest and most visited is Dambovicioara Cave. Stretching on 250 meters, this cave looks like a gallery and it dates back prior to 1579, when it was used as a refugee place. Recent studies led to the discovery of a new gallery inside the cave, which was not yet opened to public access. In Bucharest accommodate in a 3* hotel centrally located.
Explore today the capital city of Bucharest. Enjoy a city tour; discover why the capital city of Bucharest was once surnamed "the little Paris". Major highlights include: Romanian Athenaeum; Romanian Opera; the Triumph Arch, a little smaller than the one in Paris, but also located at the intersection of six boulevards; the Parliament Palace the second largest building in the world after the Pentagon; Stavropoleos Church an architectural jewellery. To have a complete picture of the Romanian capital you could enjoy a delicious traditional dinner with folk show in one of Bucharest top restaurants. Accommodate in a charming 3* hotel, central location.
Say good by to Romania. Transfer to the airport for the flight back home.
- Inclusions -
- Transportation: by microbus or car, depending on the number of travellers. Land transfers as follows: from/to Bucharest Airport, from Predelut to Moeciu de Jos, from Moeciu de Jos to Bucharest, Bucharest city tour.
- Exclusions -
- other not mentioned
- Extras -
- For 2009, Romanian Walking Tour, departs from June to October, starting every Friday
Minimum group size - 2 persons
Special notes & info:
Weather: The weather forecast for July and August announces daytime highs of 25Â° up to 30Â° Celsius. Minimum temperatures will be in the range of 10Â° to 15Â° Celsius. However the weather in mountain sections is very changeable and temperatures under 10Â° could be expected.
Note: The price may be subject to changes based on currency fluctuation, availability issues or changes in local costs at the time of booking.
Group discounts could be applied depending on the size of the group.
Once you realise the price of good beer and wine you will probably not want to return to your country.
Bucharest is well known city for the night life oportunity.
Plenty of English is spoken and you will find the people are friendly and open.
No visa is required and you can get green card extension insurance from your insurer to cover Romania.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Brasov
- Bran, Rasnov & Sinaia - from 50 EUR
- A Bird - from 159 EUR
- 3 Castle Tour - from 48 EUR
- Light Aircraft Scenic Flying Tours in Transylvania, Brasov... - from 125 EUR
- The Citadel of Sighisoara Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Tour of Saxon Fortified Churches from Brasov - from 65 EUR
- Tour of Sibiu from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Historic Brasov Private Tour - from 40 EUR
- Bran Castle & Rasnov and Sinaia Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Rock Climbing School For Beginners In Transylvania - 7 days from 1634 EUR
- The medieval Saxon villages and towns of Transylvania - 8 days from 846 EUR
- Hiking Tour of the Southern Carpathian Mountains in Romania - 6 days from 565 EUR
- Transylvania - 5 days from 1299 EUR
- Transylvanian Landmarks Buget Tour - 8 days from 789 EUR
- Helicopter Skiing in Transylvania - 5 days from 8859 EUR
- Dracula Tour Vampire in Transylvania - 7 days from 1159 EUR
- Medieval Holiday and Festivals in Transylvania - 8 days from 1549 EUR
- Hora at Prislop - 8 days from 1499 EUR
- Romania CyclingTour - 7 days from 1499 EUR
- Medieval Towns & Castles and Fortresses of Transylvania Tour - 7 days from 825 EUR
- Cultural tour of Southern Transylvania - 8 days from 1439 EUR
- Best of Transylvania - 8 days from 1389 EUR
- Return To The Middle Ages Short Break Tour of Sinaia and... - 2 days from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Transylvanian Walking Tour Hiking tour for leisure walkers
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.