Tour of Saxon Fortified Churches from Brasov
- Price from:
- 65 EUR /person
- +40 748 70 05 12
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Brasov Hotel
- Location Finish:
- Brasov Hotel
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/25/2009
On this private full day tour from Brasov your English-Speaking guide will take you to see 2 of the close by Saxon Church Fortresses; Harman and Prejmer...
In the 12th century the German Saxons arrived in Transylvania playing a major role in the development of powerful strongholds and fortresses throughout the region. The influence of the Saxons of Transylvania, also known Sasi, heavily increase the regions economy and began a cultural evolution. The spirit of the Saxons can still be seen today in such medieval towns as Brasov, Sibiu, Sighisoara, Medias and Sebes. But the most impressive mark left by this culture are the Fortified Churched scattered through out the region.
On this private full day tour from Brasov your English-Speaking guide will take you to see 2 of the close by Saxon Church Fortresses; Harman and Prejmer.
Harman Saxon Church - Tour from BrasovPrejmer church was built in a shape of a Latin cross in a Gothic style. Built in 1427 to with stand the attacks of the Ottomans. The walls are 14 meters high and 5 meters thick. Access to this massive fortress can be gained through a 5 meter thick long tunnel.
Harman Church is a Roman basilica with Gothic elements. The west tower, chapels and water moat still maintain this era today. Inside you can find paintings dated back to the 13th century.
Saxon Church Fortresses of Transylvania!!!
ROUTING: BRASOV - PREJMER - HARMAN - BRASOV
- Your private English-speaking guide will pick you up from you hotel in Brasov
- Enjoy a full day tour of 2 of the close by Saxon Church Fortresses; Harman and Prejmer.
- At the end of the day return to your hotel in Brasov
- Inclusions -
- English-Speaking local guide
- Exclusions -
- Airfare - Entrance fees - Gratuities - Insurance
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Brasov
- Bran, Rasnov & Sinaia - from 50 EUR
- A Bird - from 159 EUR
- 3 Castle Tour - from 48 EUR
- Light Aircraft Scenic Flying Tours in Transylvania, Brasov... - from 125 EUR
- The Citadel of Sighisoara Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Tour of Sibiu from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Historic Brasov Private Tour - from 40 EUR
- Bran Castle & Rasnov and Sinaia Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Rock Climbing School For Beginners In Transylvania - 7 days from 1634 EUR
- The medieval Saxon villages and towns of Transylvania - 8 days from 846 EUR
- Hiking Tour of the Southern Carpathian Mountains in Romania - 6 days from 565 EUR
- Transylvania - 5 days from 1299 EUR
- Transylvanian Landmarks Buget Tour - 8 days from 789 EUR
- Helicopter Skiing in Transylvania - 5 days from 8859 EUR
- Dracula Tour Vampire in Transylvania - 7 days from 1159 EUR
- Transylvanian Walking Tour Hiking tour for leisure walkers - 7 days from 1429 EUR
- Medieval Holiday and Festivals in Transylvania - 8 days from 1549 EUR
- Hora at Prislop - 8 days from 1499 EUR
- Romania CyclingTour - 7 days from 1499 EUR
- Medieval Towns & Castles and Fortresses of Transylvania Tour - 7 days from 825 EUR
- Cultural tour of Southern Transylvania - 8 days from 1439 EUR
- Best of Transylvania - 8 days from 1389 EUR
- Return To The Middle Ages Short Break Tour of Sinaia and... - 2 days from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Tour of Saxon Fortified Churches from Brasov
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.