- Price from:
- 1499 EUR /person
- UK: 0-808-101-6781
- US: 866-376-6183
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 03.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hungarian
Last updated: 10/30/2007
A 7 day guided cycling tour in the incredible Transylvanian landscape combining exhilarating rides across traditional villages far from the crowded cycling routes with a great cultural adventure
Exhilarating rides across traditional Saxon villages, far from the crowded cycling routes, on flat terrain, unpaved country trails, up and downhill trails enjoying the incredible Transylvanian scenery
Brasov City tour - explore the Medieval Saxon city of Brasov with its outstanding medieval atmosphere, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe
Rasnov Peasant Citadel - the largest peasant fortification in South-Eastern Europe
Bran Castle - also known as Dracula's Castle, a legendary Transylvanian fortress dating back to 1377.
Sighisoara Medieval Citadel - the best preserved and still inhabited medieval citadel in Europe with a UNESCO World Heritage status
Sinaia ? the pear of mountain resorts in Romania home of the royal Peles Castle
Level and Fitness
The riding trails cover distances between 30 to 80 kilometres per day on flat terrain, unpaved country trails, up and downhill trails. The tour suits beginners as well as moderate and experienced cyclists. Luggage transportation is provided for the entire duration of the tour. In case of bad weather conditions or should you feel under the weather, you can enjoy the route by microbus.
Bicycles and Gear:
We provide Altrix Mountain Bike, aluminium frames, Shimano fully equipped, telescopic forks, in various sizes, suitable for both female and male participants.
Knee and elbow pads are not provided. In your interest, we recommend you bring your own helmet for best fitting. Helmets are available on request at no extra cost.
DAY 1 Bucharest - Sinaia - Brasov
Welcome to Romania ! You?ll connect with our guide at the airport. Transfer to the medieval Saxon City of Brasov, the starting point of your biking adventure in Transylvania . On the way stop in Sinaia, the pearl of mountain resort in Romania to visit the royal Peles Castle . The medieval Saxon city of Brasov has an outstanding medieval atmosphere and has played a vital role in Romania's history, both old and new. The most famous landmark of Brasov is the Black Church, the largest gothic edifice in Southern Europe. For a unique view of Brasov, take the cable car up to the top of Tampa Hill. Accommodate in a 2* hotel, centrally located.
Brasov - Rasnov - Bran - Brasov
Explore Transylvania's major highlights. Morning drive to visit Rasnov Peasant Citadel, the largest peasant fortification built in Eastern Europe, standing on a hill top. Continue with the mysterious Bran Castle, unrightfully called Dracula's castle. The castle owes its fame both to its unique charm and to the myth Bram Stoker created around Dracula. Close to the castle there is a shrine set in the wall of a mountain which once sheltered the heart of Queen Marie. In the evening return to Brasov.
Brasov - Zarnesti - Poiana Marului - Sinaca Veche - Bucium - Lisa - Sambata de Sus - about 80 kilometres of riding downhill
Transfer by bus from Brasov to Zarnesti. From here start riding, enjoying the beautiful scenery of the Transylvanian villages and the incredible landscapes offered by the Fagaras Mountains. Picnic lunch on the route. On your itinerary today is Brancoveanu Monastery, located in Sambata de Sus. The museum displays an interesting glass painting collection. Accommodate in the hotel run by the monastery.
Complex Sambata - Sambata de Sus - Voivodeni - Voila - Cincsor - Soars
- about 40 kilometres of riding
Continue your riding adventure exploring the treasures of the country side. What better way to discover the essence of Transylvania than to explore the treasures of the country side and meet its many friendly people whose life styles have changes so little over the centuries. Picnic lunch on the route. To better immerge in the rustic atmosphere you'll accommodate in welcoming guest houses.
Soars - Fagaras - Calbor - Rotbav - Soars- 30 kilometres of riding
Beautiful Saxon villages, fresh air and incredible landscapes will ensure the scenery of your riding itinerary today. Around lunch time you'll reach Fagaras Citadel. The citadel was built in 1310 by the Transylvania ruler Ladislau Apo as defence measure against the Turks and it had an important role in Romania's history both old and new. In the evening return to accommodation in Soars village.
Soaras Barcut - Retis - Bradeni - Apold - Saes - Sighisoara Medieval Citadel - about 38 kilometres of riding
In addition to enjoying an excellent riding route, the highlights of the day are the medieval Citadel of Sighisoara, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the oak forest of Barcut. Founded by Saxons during the 12th century, Sighisoara still stands as one of Europe's most beautiful and still inhabited fortified cities with UNESCO European heritage site status. You shouldn?t miss The Clock Tower, concentrating Sighisoara's history. Dinner can be served in Dracula's House the very place where Vlad the Impaler was borne, turned today into a cosy restaurant. Accommodate in a lovely 3* hotel of an outstanding medieval charm located in the heart of the citadel.
Sighisoara - Bucharest - 5 hours driving
Depart for the capital city of Bucharest for the flight back home.
- Inclusions -
- Bicycle hire: Altrix Mountain Bike, aluminium frames, Shimano fully equipped, telescopic forks, in various sizes, suitable for both female and male participants. Daily bike maintenance assured by the guide.
- Exclusions -
- knee and elbow pads
- Extras -
- FOR 2009, Romnia Cycling Tour, is guaranteed to depart on the following dates:
Special notes & info:
The itinerary is flexible and could be changed due to bad weather conditions, fitness and other local conditions.
The responsibility rests within the client for the damages brought to the bicycle as a result of an accident or any other action.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Brasov
- Bran, Rasnov & Sinaia - from 50 EUR
- A Bird - from 159 EUR
- 3 Castle Tour - from 48 EUR
- Light Aircraft Scenic Flying Tours in Transylvania, Brasov... - from 125 EUR
- The Citadel of Sighisoara Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Tour of Saxon Fortified Churches from Brasov - from 65 EUR
- Tour of Sibiu from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Historic Brasov Private Tour - from 40 EUR
- Bran Castle & Rasnov and Sinaia Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Rock Climbing School For Beginners In Transylvania - 7 days from 1634 EUR
- The medieval Saxon villages and towns of Transylvania - 8 days from 846 EUR
- Hiking Tour of the Southern Carpathian Mountains in Romania - 6 days from 565 EUR
- Transylvania - 5 days from 1299 EUR
- Transylvanian Landmarks Buget Tour - 8 days from 789 EUR
- Helicopter Skiing in Transylvania - 5 days from 8859 EUR
- Dracula Tour Vampire in Transylvania - 7 days from 1159 EUR
- Transylvanian Walking Tour Hiking tour for leisure walkers - 7 days from 1429 EUR
- Medieval Holiday and Festivals in Transylvania - 8 days from 1549 EUR
- Hora at Prislop - 8 days from 1499 EUR
- Medieval Towns & Castles and Fortresses of Transylvania Tour - 7 days from 825 EUR
- Cultural tour of Southern Transylvania - 8 days from 1439 EUR
- Best of Transylvania - 8 days from 1389 EUR
- Return To The Middle Ages Short Break Tour of Sinaia and... - 2 days from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Romania CyclingTour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.