Hora at Prislop
- Price from:
- 1499 EUR /person
- UK: 0-808-101-6781
- US: 866-376-6183
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 11/03/2007
This cultural tour of Northen Transylvania takes you to the annual festival "Hora la Prislop", celebrated on the third Sunday of August in Maramures.
*Hora at Prislop - Traditional festival
The Sistine Chapel of the East - the famous Voronet Monastery,
*Merry Cemetery in Sapanta - discover how a cemetery can be merry in the picturesque and traditional area of Maramures.
*Dracula's Castle in Bistrita - the one mentioned in Bram Stoker's "Dracula".
*Famous woodcraftsman - Grigore Tulean will introduce you in the old art of wood carving
*Marginea - the famous Black Pottery Centre.
*The honourable Misiuga, Baron of Dracula - a genuine character presenting his interesting puppet exposition in Dogarilor Tower in Bistrita.
DAY 1 Budapest - Satu Mare
Our English speaking guide welcomes the tourists at the airport. Depart to Satu Mare for accommodation and dinner in an exquisite environment.
Module: wine tasting in Tokaj, Hungary, the same wine drunken by A. Dumas's musketeers!
Satu Mare - Sapanta - Prislop Pass - Ieud
TRADITIONAL FESTIVAL HORA LA PRISLOP
It's now time to celebrate, Transylvanian way! We begin our day feeling very alive and happy about it with a visit of the Merry Cemetery in Sapanta. You'll find out how a cemetery can be merry by reading the funny verses carved on the crosses. Since we wormed up we're ready to party. We drive to Prislop Pass to take part to "Hora la Prislop" festival.
The event gathers the inhabitants of the North of Romania, not only Transylvania, but also Moldova and Bucovina. "Hora" is the name of a round group dance signifying togetherness and joy. The scene placed on the top of the mountain is surrounded by the booths of the popular craftsmen and of the traders who do not miss the opportunity to speak about their merchandise.
In this festival you will find out what people in Transylvania mean by "celebrating" not only on stage but also in all corners of the mountain groups of dancers and singers are showing off to each other in a friendly manner.
We also spend the evening in a rustic atmosphere drive to Ieud for accommodation in lovely country-inns!
Ieud - Bogdan Voda - Moisei - Sacel - Voronet - Sucevita
Depart to visit the famous wood church in Bogdan Voda. We'll then arrive in Sacel and be the guests of the famous craftsman, Grigore Tulean. Drive to Sucevita for dinner. On the way we stop to visit Moisei Monument and the Voronet Monastery. Accommodate in Sucevita.
Sucevita - Marginea - Suceava - Gura Humorului - Moldovita - Sucevita
We begin the day with some shopping at the famous Black pottery Centre in Marginea. From there we'll travel to Suceava, to visit the old Citadel and the Village Museum. The road will take us to the famous Moldovita Monastery where we'll enjoy a monastic lunch. Accommodate in Sucevita
Sucevita - Campulung Moldovenesc - Vatra Dornei - Piatra Fantanele - Bistrita
Travel to Transylvania. On the way we visit The Wood Museum in Cimpulung Moldovenesc and the Hunting Museum in Vatra Dornei. Arrive in Borgo Pass, the place where Bram Stoker imagined and placed the castle of the famous Count Dracula; visit the castle and the coffin. Drive to Bistrita for accommodation. Here we'll visit The Dogarilor Tower with an interesting puppet exposition presented by the honorable Misiuga, Baron of Dracula and have a special dinner in Jonathan Harker Saloon, the hero of Dracula's novel. Tip: enjoy a lunch in a special environment - the castle in Borgo Pass, the place where famous author Bram Stoker imagined Count Dracula's Castle!
Bistrita - Cluj Napoca - Turzii's Gorges - Cluj Napoca
Arrive in Cluj Napoca and visit The Art Museum. Drive to Turda to see the Salt Mines and have a nice walk in the famous Turzii's Gorges Reservations. Enjoy a special vampire menu for dinner. Accommodation in Cluj.
Cluj Napoca - Turda - Oradea
Riding along the valley of Aries we'll visit the Ethnographic Museum in Lupsa and have a special traditional picnic lunch in a spectacular environment at Poarta lui Ionele Cave. Crossing Vartop Pass we'll arrive in Crisurilor Land where we'll visit Bears Cave and the Open Air Museum with old cars and domestic objects in Chiscau. Drive to Oradea to visit Varadinum Citadel. Accommodate. Tip: relaxing evening in the outdoor swimming pool with thermal water of your accommodation.
Oradea - Budapest
It is now the time to say good-by to Romania. Depart for Budapest.
- Inclusions -
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches (Monastic lunch in Moldovita Monastery and a picnic lunch at Poarta lui Ionele Cave) and 5 dinners (welcome dinner, special dinner in Jonathan Harker saloon in Bistrita - a live band is performing in the restaurant, traditional Maramuresean dinner in Ieud, dinner with special vampire menu, dinner with a Bucovinean menu).
- Exclusions -
- other not mentioned.
- Extras -
- For 2009, Hora at Prislop tour, is guaranteed to depart on the following date:
Here is an itinerary to your taste but the departure dates are not suitable or you donï¿½t like to travel with big groups. Donï¿½t worry! You can take it as a private journey, with the preferred departure dates and your chosen travel companions, whether it is for a family vacation or a fun relaxing holiday with a small group of friends.
Â£2089* - $4079* (â¬3119) per person, double occupancy,
based on 2 persons traveling together
Â£1399* - $2739* (â¬ 2089) per person, double occupancy,
based on 4 persons traveling together
Single Supplement: Â£ 169* - $329* (â¬ 249)
Solo Traveler: Â£3949* - $7719* (â¬ 5899)
Please note that customized tours can take up to two weeks to ensure that all your requirements are met and that you are satisfied with the tour, so please plan in advance.
For private tours based on 1 to 2 people traveling together, a standard European car will be provided. For private tours based on 4 people traveling together, a more spacious off road vehicle will be provided.
The prices above are based on buying the itinerary as listed on tour page. We can customize the tour to meet your exact travel needs: change hotels, shorten or lengthen the tour. For any customization implying a new base itinerary, a tailor made fee of Euro 139* - $201* + VAT (ï¿½240 + VAT) is required and will be added to the tour cost.
Prices may be subject to changes based on currency fluctuation, availability issues or changes in local costs at the time of booking. Group discounts could be applied depending on the size of the group.
Also, please note that the itinerary could suffer small changes, as some activities require a minimum number of tourists. Depending on the number of tourists we will make any such changes at the time of booking.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Brasov
- Bran, Rasnov & Sinaia - from 50 EUR
- A Bird - from 159 EUR
- 3 Castle Tour - from 48 EUR
- Light Aircraft Scenic Flying Tours in Transylvania, Brasov... - from 125 EUR
- The Citadel of Sighisoara Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Tour of Saxon Fortified Churches from Brasov - from 65 EUR
- Tour of Sibiu from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Historic Brasov Private Tour - from 40 EUR
- Bran Castle & Rasnov and Sinaia Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Rock Climbing School For Beginners In Transylvania - 7 days from 1634 EUR
- The medieval Saxon villages and towns of Transylvania - 8 days from 846 EUR
- Hiking Tour of the Southern Carpathian Mountains in Romania - 6 days from 565 EUR
- Transylvania - 5 days from 1299 EUR
- Transylvanian Landmarks Buget Tour - 8 days from 789 EUR
- Helicopter Skiing in Transylvania - 5 days from 8859 EUR
- Dracula Tour Vampire in Transylvania - 7 days from 1159 EUR
- Transylvanian Walking Tour Hiking tour for leisure walkers - 7 days from 1429 EUR
- Medieval Holiday and Festivals in Transylvania - 8 days from 1549 EUR
- Romania CyclingTour - 7 days from 1499 EUR
- Medieval Towns & Castles and Fortresses of Transylvania Tour - 7 days from 825 EUR
- Cultural tour of Southern Transylvania - 8 days from 1439 EUR
- Best of Transylvania - 8 days from 1389 EUR
- Return To The Middle Ages Short Break Tour of Sinaia and... - 2 days from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Hora at Prislop
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.