Helicopter Skiing in Transylvania
- Price from:
- 8859 EUR /person
- UK: 0-808-101-6781
- US: 866-376-6183
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 02.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 12/17/2008
If you want to be king of the slope, try mountain areas untouched by mass tourism! You?ll run downhill through virgin snow, admire breath taking bird's eye views on your way to the mountain.
The most attractive areas for Heli skiing in Transylvania are the giant edges of Iezer Papusa, Fagaras and Bucegi mountains.
Bucharest - Sinaia - Brasov - Poiana Brasov
Welcome to Romania! Transfer from Bucharest Airport to Poiana Brasov in the heart of Transylvania, known as one of the best ski resort in Central-Eastern Europe. On the way to Poiana Brasov stop in Sinaia, the pearl of mountain resorts in Romania, home to the royal Peles Castle. Next stop is the Saxon Medieval City of Brasov, a city with an outstanding medieval atmosphere which has played a vital role in Romania's history, both old and new. The most famous landmark of Brasov is the Black Church, the largest gothic edifice in South-Eastern Europe. Accommodate in Poiana Brasov, in a 4* hotel built in 2005 as a DeLuxe standard hotel. The hotel features elegant guest rooms, a modern Spa centre and the restaurants will surely rise up to your culinary expectations. Enjoy a welcome dinner
09.00 - fly to Bucegi Mountains - 15 minute
Connect with your professional trained English speaking heliski guide. Morning transfer to the helicopter and fly to Bucegi Mountains (15 minute), home to the largest, most sophisticated Romanian mountain resorts.
You will have about 600 m (almost 2000 feet) level difference for each slope ~ 40 minute of skiing each. Transfer to the hotel at the end of your skiing sessions.
Helicopter: rented for 3 hours, effective flight / day.
There are plenty of entertaining options at your disposal for the afternoon in Poiana Brasov. You can choose snowboarding or an ATV ride to explore the surrounding areas, further options include horse-drawn sleigh rides, lively bars, clubs, discos, indoor swimming pools, saunas, massages, and fitness centres.
and - Day 4; 09.00 - fly to Iezer Papusa Area - 35 minute
One of the most attractive areas for heli skiing is Iezer Papusa Mountain.
You will have slopes of about 600 m (almost 2000 feet) level difference.
Helicopter: rented for 3 hours, effective flight / day.
For an authentic Romanian experience we recommend an evening spent at either "Sura Dacilor" or "Coliba Haiducilor" restaurants in Poiana Brasov. To accompany the tasty traditional Romanian cuisine in both restaurants you can enjoy the lively and animated atmosphere with Romanian folk music.
and - Day 6; 09.00 - fly to Fagaras Area -45 minute
Enjoy today the Fagaras Mountains, part of the Southern Carpathians, the wildest, imposing, most spectacular mountains in Romania, home of the highest Romanian peak, Moldoveanu and incredible blue glacial lakes, 45 minutes - time flight from Poiana Brasov.
You will have slopes of about 600-800 m (2000- 2600 feet) level difference.
Helicopter: rented for 3 hours, effective flight /day.
Poiana Brasov - Bran - Rasnov - Bucharest
Say good bye to Romania, transfer from Poiana Brasov to Bucharest Airport for the flight back home. On the way to the Romanian capital get acquainted with Transylvania?s history by visiting 2 of its major highlights, Rasnov and Bran. Rasnov Peasant Citadel is the best preserved peasant fortification in Transylvania and the largest one ever built in Eastern Europe. Continue your journey with a visit of the famous Bran Castle, unrightfully called Dracula?s Castle. Bran owes its fame both to its unique charm and to the myth Bram Stoker created around Dracula. A true fortress with walls made of stone, a labyrinth of hidden corners and secret chambers
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation: 6 nights in a 4* hotel
- Exclusions -
- entry fees for tourist attraction and others not mentioned.
- Extras -
- For 2009, Helicopter skiing in Transylvania tour, is guaranteed to depart on the flooowing dates: February 3,10,17,24,
The heliski programme and itinerary depend on good weather conditions, appropriate for flying, the level of difficulty the tourist is ready to undertake and snow condition. You will have the assistance of a professional guide who will recommend the appropriate ski zones.
A very good physical condition is required.
Cancelation Policy for flight time
If the weather is not proper for flight, the client will be refunded with the amount of EURO 300/hour/tourist for the prepaid helicopter.
If the flight is cancelled by tourist there will be no refunds.
For safety reasons and better fitting please bring your own ski equipment & gear (freeride skis, shovel, avalanche transceiver, ARVA, protection helmet).
The heliski programme could be extended or shortened at your request.
For an extra cost, the helicopter could be rented for more than 3 hours.
Iulian, the most experienced guide for heli skiing in Romania is a professional mountain guide since 1999. Since childhood, his father, a mountain passionate taking Iulian with him everytime he had the occasion.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Brasov
- Bran, Rasnov & Sinaia - from 50 EUR
- A Bird - from 159 EUR
- 3 Castle Tour - from 48 EUR
- Light Aircraft Scenic Flying Tours in Transylvania, Brasov... - from 125 EUR
- The Citadel of Sighisoara Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Tour of Saxon Fortified Churches from Brasov - from 65 EUR
- Tour of Sibiu from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Historic Brasov Private Tour - from 40 EUR
- Bran Castle & Rasnov and Sinaia Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Rock Climbing School For Beginners In Transylvania - 7 days from 1634 EUR
- The medieval Saxon villages and towns of Transylvania - 8 days from 846 EUR
- Hiking Tour of the Southern Carpathian Mountains in Romania - 6 days from 565 EUR
- Transylvania - 5 days from 1299 EUR
- Transylvanian Landmarks Buget Tour - 8 days from 789 EUR
- Dracula Tour Vampire in Transylvania - 7 days from 1159 EUR
- Transylvanian Walking Tour Hiking tour for leisure walkers - 7 days from 1429 EUR
- Medieval Holiday and Festivals in Transylvania - 8 days from 1549 EUR
- Hora at Prislop - 8 days from 1499 EUR
- Romania CyclingTour - 7 days from 1499 EUR
- Medieval Towns & Castles and Fortresses of Transylvania Tour - 7 days from 825 EUR
- Cultural tour of Southern Transylvania - 8 days from 1439 EUR
- Best of Transylvania - 8 days from 1389 EUR
- Return To The Middle Ages Short Break Tour of Sinaia and... - 2 days from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Helicopter Skiing in Transylvania
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.