Cultural tour of Southern Transylvania
- Price from:
- 1439 EUR /person
- 0040 364.405.641
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- 9 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 12.00 pm
- End time:
- 11.00 am
- We Speak:
- English, Hungarian
Last updated: 10/26/2007
Stroll around the streets of old cities, designed for carriages and coaches, true live museums, get in contact with the genuine peasant culture by exploring the houses of famous craftsmen!
*The most famous Castles in Romania - Peles Castle - the most beautiful royal residences in Europe and Bran Castle - Dracula's castle in Transylvania,
*Bruckental Museum in Sibiu, Romania - Rubens, Tiziano, Van Dyke paintings; the finest, most exquisite selection of museums in Transylvania.
*Renowned citadels - Transylvania's most impressive citadels, including Sighisoara, the best preserved and still inhabited medieval citadel in Europe.
*Legendary castles in Romania - Lazarea, Corvinestilor, Savarsin - a real historic testimony.
*A unique artist - Emil Muresan the only one who uses spider web for his paintings, a meeting privileged by the cultural holidays.
*Sibiu, Romania - chosen as the European Cultural capital of 2007, former capital of Saxons in Transylvania.
*Bears Cave - got its name from the skeletons of some very old species of bear (Ursus Spelaeus) that were found here.
*Bicazului Gorges - the highest Romanian gorges and the famous Red Lake also called Killer Lake due to the pine trees that point out of the water like a forest of stakes.
Budapest - Oradea
Welcome in a cultural tour of Southern Transylvania. You'll discover that the cultural holidays are so rewarding: exploring places rich in history, meeting genuine characters, tasting traditional food, attending traditional events, everything so you can absorb the Romanian culture. Our guide welcomes you at the Budapest Airport and leads you in Oradea, Romania for dinner and accommodation. You'll cross the old centre of the town or the Varadinum Citadel as it was called in Latin
Oradea - Bears Cave - Girda - Turda - Cluj Napoca
From Oradea your tour of Transylvania will take you to Bears Cave which got its name from the skeletons of some very old species of bear that were found here. Visit the Open Air Museum in Chiscau with its old cars and domestic objects. You'll then cross the mountains through Vartop Pass and enter Motzilor Land. Here you'll have a nice traditional picnic lunch at the mouth of Poarta lui Ionele cave, something you shouldn't miss on a Transylvania tour. Depart for Turda to visit one of the most beautiful and original salt mines in the world - Turda's Salt Mines. Tip: try a vampire menu for dinner in an exquisite restaurant in Turda! Accommodate in Cluj Napoca.
Cluj Napoca -Turzii's Gorges - Lazarea
The cultural holidays cannot miss a nice challenging walk - today through Turzii's Gorges, the most important Reservation in the Apuseni Mountains! On the way to Targu Mures, admire the noble castles Luncani and Iernut. In Targu Mures you'll visit the famous Palace of Culture. Then head to Seklers land and stop in Lazarea, a typical seklers village, for dinner and accommodation in country-inns.
Lazarea - Red Lake - Miercurea Ciuc - Brasov
In Lazarea you'll visit the castle of the noble family Lazar and the monastery near by. You'll then head to Red Lake also called Killer Lake and in the area we can have a nice easy walk through Bicazului Gorges. Another important medieval centre you should explore in a Transylvania tour is Brasov. On the way to your accommodation in Brasov, you'll visit Ciucului's Sekler Museum in Miercurea Ciuc and the Museum of Mineral Water in Tusnad. Have a special medieval dinner in "Citadel" a restaurant in Brasov.
Today is castles day! The first one on your list is Peles castle, the most beautiful royal palace in Europe, a genuine highlight of a cultural tour. Then cross the mountains to visit Bran Castle also known as Dracula's Castle in Transylvania. Absorb a genuine rustic atmosphere while visiting Rasnov Peasant Citadel. Drive to Brasov for a traditional dinner with folk show and wine tasting
Brasov - Fagaras - Agnita - Sighisoara - Biertan - Medias - Sibiel - Sibiu
Travel to Fagaras to visit the citadel and the Museum of Fagaras Country. Explore the most beautiful citadel in Europe, Sighisoara, the essence of all cultural holidays. Visit here the Clock Tower, the Torture room and The Medieval Weapon Collection. Depart for Biertan to admire the fortified church. In Medias you'll make the acquaintance of the only artist who uses spider web for his paintings. Travel to Sibiu, for accommodation. Carriage ride from Sibiel to Mioritica country-inn for dinner. Module: attend a witch trial set on the street like in the old days! Tip: in Sighisoara you can enjoy your lunch in a special location - Casa Vlad Dracul Restaurant, the place where Vlad Dracul, the father of the one who bares the stigma of the bloody count Dracula, was born!
Sibiu - Deva - Arad
Your Transylvania tour takes you today to Sibiu which will welcome you with the famous Bruckental Museum, a baroque edifice which houses the works of some famous artists, such as Rubens, Van Dyke and the largest ethnographic museum in Transylvania - the Village Museum. Drive to Hunedoara and visit Corvinestilor Castle, continue with the castle in Savarsin and end the road in Arad for accommodation and dinner.
Arad - Budapest
Before saying good-by to Romania you'll end your cultural tour of Southern Transylvania by visiting the historic centre of Arad and the beautiful Art Museum. Depart for Budapest
- Inclusions -
- Entry fees to: Bears Cave in Pietroasa, Salt Mines in Turda, Turzii's Gorges, Lazarea Castle, Ciucului's Sekler Museum in Miercurea Ciuc, The Museum of Mineral Water in Tusnad, Peles Castle, Bran Castel, Rasnov Peasant Citadel, Museum of Fagaras Country, Clock Tower, the Torture room and The Medieval Weapon Collection in Sighisoara, Fortified Church in Biertan, Spider web painter in Medias, Brukental Museum in Sibiu, Village Museum in Sibiu, Corvinesti Castle in Hunedoara, Savirsin Castle in Savirsin, Art Museum in Arad.
- Exclusions -
- Photo & video tax and other not mentioned
- Extras -
- For 2008, Cultural Tour of Southern Transylvania, is guaranteed to depart on the following date:
Private tour prices:
Â£2089* - $4079* (â¬3119) per person, double occupancy,
based on 2 persons traveling together
Â£1399* - $2739* (â¬ 2089) per person, double occupancy,
based on 4 persons traveling together
Single Supplement: Â£ 169* - $329* (â¬ 249)
Solo Traveler: Â£3949* - $7719* (â¬ 5899)
* price in GBP is for guidance only; balance will be paid in EURO.
The prices above are based on buying the itinerary as listed on tour page. We can customize the tour to meet your exact travel needs: change hotels, shorten or lengthen the tour. For any customization implying a new base itinerary, a tailor made fee of GBP 159 + VAT (EURO 240 + VAT) is required and will be added to the tour cost.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Brasov
- Bran, Rasnov & Sinaia - from 50 EUR
- A Bird - from 159 EUR
- 3 Castle Tour - from 48 EUR
- Light Aircraft Scenic Flying Tours in Transylvania, Brasov... - from 125 EUR
- The Citadel of Sighisoara Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Tour of Saxon Fortified Churches from Brasov - from 65 EUR
- Tour of Sibiu from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Historic Brasov Private Tour - from 40 EUR
- Bran Castle & Rasnov and Sinaia Tour from Brasov - from 75 EUR
- Rock Climbing School For Beginners In Transylvania - 7 days from 1634 EUR
- The medieval Saxon villages and towns of Transylvania - 8 days from 846 EUR
- Hiking Tour of the Southern Carpathian Mountains in Romania - 6 days from 565 EUR
- Transylvania - 5 days from 1299 EUR
- Transylvanian Landmarks Buget Tour - 8 days from 789 EUR
- Helicopter Skiing in Transylvania - 5 days from 8859 EUR
- Dracula Tour Vampire in Transylvania - 7 days from 1159 EUR
- Transylvanian Walking Tour Hiking tour for leisure walkers - 7 days from 1429 EUR
- Medieval Holiday and Festivals in Transylvania - 8 days from 1549 EUR
- Hora at Prislop - 8 days from 1499 EUR
- Romania CyclingTour - 7 days from 1499 EUR
- Medieval Towns & Castles and Fortresses of Transylvania Tour - 7 days from 825 EUR
- Best of Transylvania - 8 days from 1389 EUR
- Return To The Middle Ages Short Break Tour of Sinaia and... - 2 days from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Cultural tour of Southern Transylvania
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.