The Romantic Tour of Greater Lisboa
- Price from:
- 1795 EUR /person
- +351 91 559 7700
- + 351 21 485 1788
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Lisbon Airport or Hotel
- Location Finish:
- Lisbon Airport or Hotel
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- We Speak:
- Portuguese, Spanish, English
Last updated: 04/04/2008
From Cloisters to Castles & Palaces to Gardens - The Greater Lisboa region is tremendously rich in culture, history and nature,as well as famous for its superb cuisine and wines. Join us and visit ...
BUÇACO - After meeting in Lisboa, we transfer to the Serra de Buçaco, with a stop for lunch on the way at the famous university town of Coimbra. We'll fit our bikes and have a quick briefing on the tour highlights...
TOMAR - Today we'll sail down the shale peaks of the Serra de Lousa where pristine winter snow was once collected for Portuguese kings. This rural scenery serves as the backdrop for our ride to Tomar...
ÓBIDOS - A short transfer takes us close to Fatima, the site of the renowned Christian miracle of 1917 (option to visit the town) and one of the most impressive examples of Portuguese Gothic architecture: the Monastery of Batalha...
SINTRA - Option to transfer part-way or cycle to Sintra, a lush mountain jutting out of the landcape topped with a fantastical pink palace and 8th century castle. The poet, Lord Byron called it a "glorious eden". It is no surprise then, that this UNESCO World Heritage site was once the summer residence for the kings...
CASCAIS - Transfer to Praia das Macas for a hike to the most westerly point in Europe - Cabo da Roca or "the rock cape" on the cliffs above the Atlantic. Option to ride downhill along the winding coast to Guincho beach and Cascais, a once tiny fishing-village now turned world-class sailing center...
CASCAIS - Its time to say "adeus" (goodbye) to our new friends. After a last breakfast overlooking the ocean (or the first of many more...), there is the option to transfer to Lisboa airport. See you again soon!
- Inclusions -
- 1 Picnic Lunch
- Exclusions -
- extra night before or after the tour
- Extras -
- Length: 6 days / 5 nights
Accomodation: Premium accommodation: the most luxurious and charming historical hotels
Meals: All breakfasts, 4 dinners with wine, and 1 picnic lunch.
Single Supplement: 50 € / night
Daily mileage: 13 - 52 miles / day, with optional distances daily.
Level: Easy / moderate
Interests: Romantic ambiance of palaces, castles convents and gardens.
Buçaco Palace Hotel and forest «garden».
Tomar: headquarters of the Knights Templar filled with architecture and history.
Óbidos: a picture perfect walled castle village, ginginha liqueur.
Sintra: palaces, castle, lush scenery and pastries.
Cabo da Roca: the most westerly point in Europe.
The Festas de Santo António in Lisboa (June tour): parade & bbq.
Full use of high-quality, new Trek bicycles.
Guilt-free mini-van support and highly experienced and enthusiastic multilingual guides / mechanics.
Entry fees for specific monuments, events or points of interest .
Baggage transfers and handling.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Lisbon
- Afternoon Walking Tour - from 12 EUR
- Morning Walking Tour - from 15 EUR
- Cool Party Tour - from 5 EUR
- Caldo Verde and Fado Tour - from 60 EUR
- Gastronomic Route - from 15 EUR
- Lisbon Belvederes and Kiosks Walking Tour - from 15 EUR
- Night Sightseeing Tour - from 25 EUR
- Fátima Tour - from 57 EUR
- Oceans Tour - from 40 EUR
- Arrábida Tour - from 40 EUR
- Saloio Tour - from 40 EUR
- Lisbon Discovery Bike Ride - from 20 EUR
- Jewish Tour Jewish Lisbon Half Day Tour - from 245 EUR
- Jewish Lisbon Sintra Full Day Private Tour 7 Hours - from 305 EUR
- Lisbon City Half Day Tour - from 25 EUR
- Lisbon Shore Excursions - from 35 EUR
- Sintra & Cabo da Roca & Cascais and Estoril - from 35 EUR
- Walking Tour - from 75 EUR
- Wine Tour Lisbon Sintra - from 60 EUR
- Jewish Tour - from 80 EUR
- Portugal Tour 150 Off - 10 days from 355 EUR
- Cycling Holiday in Portugal Lisbon and Evora Romantic Alentejo - 10 days from 1450 EUR
- Wine and Gastronomy in Portugal - 6 days from 250 EUR
- Parks and Gardens of Portugal - 8 days from 320 EUR
- Alentejo Flavours - 8 days from 2495 EUR
- Travel Into Time - 6 days from 1890 EUR
Email the tour operator - The Romantic Tour of Greater Lisboa
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.