Portugal Tour 150 Off
- Price from:
- 355 EUR /person
- 00351 214 851 476
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Lisbon Airport
- Location Finish:
- Lisbon Airport
- We Speak:
- English, Portuguese
Last updated: 06/05/2009
Prepare to explore a country with a rich heritage whose varying landscapes dazzle travellers from all over the world.Discover one of the oldest Nations of Europe.Spend 10 unforgettable days with us!
Arrival to Lisboa Airport and pick-up of the car at the airport (you can also hire a private driver). Accommodation at the Hotel.
Visit city's downtown (Lisboa's Baixa) .
Overnight in Lisboa.
Lisboa / Cascais / Sintra / Lisboa
We suggest a drive down the Avenida da Liberdade to Rossio, the very heart of the city.Stop at Belem, the quarter dedicated to the Portuguese discoveries where you find the Tower of Belem and the Discoveries Monument. The fabulous manueline style of Jeronimos Monastery cannot be missed. Drive along the âmarginalâ (road parallel to the river) and discover the Coastal resorts of Estoril and Cascais. Continue along the coast, stop at Cabo da Roca and be surprised by a stunning view from the westernmost point of continental Europe. Drive to Sintra, a mountain village that is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In the centre lies the spectacular Sintra National Palace with its twin chimneys, in the top the Pena National Palace is also worth a visit. Taste some of the wonderful regional pastries.
Overnight in Lisboa.
Lisboa / Evora / Marvao
Roughly 150 km south east of Lisboa, Evora stands out quite distinctly on the vast horizon of the Alentejo plain. Its historical centre is protected by a vast ring of fortified walls and considered World Heritage Site by Unesco. By end of the day, drive to Marvao through Parque Natural da Serra de Sao Mamede. While in Marvao take a walk through the small streets and picturesque corners. Visit the Church of Santa Maria, converted into a museum.
Overnight in Marvao or Castelo de Vide (according to availability).
Marvao / Belmonte / Viseu
Leave Marvao and head for Belmonte. Spend your morning in Belmonte, one of the historical villages of Portugal. For hundreds of years, the local Jews were forced to practice their belief in secret. The Synagogue is open for visitors. Discover the city of Viseu, centre of the DÃ£o Vineyards. Visit the Viseu Cathedral and the next door museum dedicated to master Vasco Fernandes, a famous 16th century painter. Along the centre you will find a busy commercial area.
Overnight in Viseu.
Day 5 - Viseu / Lamego / Vila Real / Amarante / Guimaraes
Drive to Lamego, where you can visit one of Portugal's most important shrines, NÂª SÂª Remedios Sanctuary with its magnificent baroque style staircase. We suggest a stop at Vila Real to visit the gardens of the Mateus Palace, whose facade is still depicted on the well-known Portuguese Rose wine bottles. It is worth stopping at Amarante, a pretty town proud of Sao Goncalo, known for the promotion of love and marriage. At the end of the day you will arrive at Guimaraes. Known as the âcradle of the nationâ, it is believed to be the birthplace of the first king of Portugal.
Overnight in Guimaraes.
Guimaraes / Braga / Ponte de Lima / Viana do Castelo / Porto
Visit Guimaraes in the morning. Continue to Braga, known as the "Portuguese Rome" for its concentration of religious architecture. Pass by Ponte de Lima, where you will find the bridge that gave its name to this very ancient and very beautiful town.While in Viana do Castelo, climb up the Santa Luzia hill and enjoy the wonderful panoramic views over the Lima, the sea, the hills behind, and the rooftops of Viana below.
Overnight in Porto.
Capital and gateway to the north of Portugal it is located near the mouth of Rio Douro. Discover the city centre on foot. Visit the Palacio da Bolsa (the Chamber of Commerce) with its splendorous Arabian Hall, the S. Francisco Church with its overwhelming gilded carved wood decoration and walk along the Ribeira, one of the most picturesque quarters of Oporto.Cross the bridge and taste a Port at Port Wine Cellar.
Overnight in Porto.
Porto / Aveiro
Aveiro is surrounded by salt-flats, beaches and lagoons and dominated by the Central Canal which runs through town. It is also intersected by canals, genuine streets of water, along which can be seen gliding the brightly coloured boats known as barcos moliceiros.
This is a city to discover on foot and with many hidden secrets, such as the beautiful Art Noveau facades of some houses.
Overnight in Aveiro.
Aveiro / Nazare / Obidos / Lisboa
Spend your morning at the fine beach of Sao Jacinto which lies close to woodland and the SÃ£o Jacinto Dunes Nature Reserve, with well preserved dunes and varied fauna and flora or nearby, Costa Nova has magnificent and little known beaches that lie between the golden dunes and the open blue seas. Admire the famous houses painted in red and blue stripes.Continue south and have lunch in a traditional restaurant at Nazare. This fishermen village has stunning views from the town's highest point, âSitioâ (accessible by a funicular). Taste the local Caldeirada (fish casseroles).Pass by Alcobaca where you can visit the first and largest gothic church in Portugal with the tombs of D.Pedro and Ines de Castro, known by their love story. In the afternoon, on entering the delightful town of Obidos, you will be travelling back in time. Walk through the walls of this town, with white houses adorned with bougainvilleas and honeysuckle.
Overnight in Lisboa.
If your flight is only in the afternoon spend your morning at the eastern part of Lisboa. Parque das Nacoes (the Park of Nations) hosts a wide variety of facilities, including cable car, a train station and a pleasant shopping centre in addition to extensive cultural and commercial zones.
- Inclusions -
- â¢ 9 nights of accommodation in a standard room plus breakfast;
- Exclusions -
- - All meals (except for breakfast, which is provided by your hotel);
- Extras -
- Please note:
Portugaltrails can adapt this tour to your specific needs or design a tailor-made tour exclusively for you. Contact us.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Lisbon
- Afternoon Walking Tour - from 12 EUR
- Morning Walking Tour - from 15 EUR
- Cool Party Tour - from 5 EUR
- Caldo Verde and Fado Tour - from 60 EUR
- Gastronomic Route - from 15 EUR
- Lisbon Belvederes and Kiosks Walking Tour - from 15 EUR
- Night Sightseeing Tour - from 25 EUR
- Fátima Tour - from 57 EUR
- Oceans Tour - from 40 EUR
- Arrábida Tour - from 40 EUR
- Saloio Tour - from 40 EUR
- Lisbon Discovery Bike Ride - from 20 EUR
- Jewish Tour Jewish Lisbon Half Day Tour - from 245 EUR
- Jewish Lisbon Sintra Full Day Private Tour 7 Hours - from 305 EUR
- Lisbon City Half Day Tour - from 25 EUR
- Lisbon Shore Excursions - from 35 EUR
- Sintra & Cabo da Roca & Cascais and Estoril - from 35 EUR
- Walking Tour - from 75 EUR
- Wine Tour Lisbon Sintra - from 60 EUR
- Jewish Tour - from 80 EUR
- Cycling Holiday in Portugal Lisbon and Evora Romantic Alentejo - 10 days from 1450 EUR
- The Romantic Tour of Greater Lisboa - 6 days from 1795 EUR
- Wine and Gastronomy in Portugal - 6 days from 250 EUR
- Parks and Gardens of Portugal - 8 days from 320 EUR
- Alentejo Flavours - 8 days from 2495 EUR
- Travel Into Time - 6 days from 1890 EUR
Email the tour operator - Portugal Tour 150 Off
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.