Algarve Bird Watching Tour
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 600 GBP /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Quintassential Apartment Cottage
- Location Finish:
- Quintassential Apartment Cottages
- We Speak:
- Portuguese, English
Last updated: 01/07/2008
Why not treat yourself to a week of delightful spring birding in the Central Algarve at the Quintassential Apartment Cottages. Its a trip that will take you off the tourist track
Day 1 : Sunday 30th March 2008 :
Arrive at Faro International Airport and drive to the Quintassential Apartment Cottages. Possible initial birding session around the Quintassential, if flight times are favourable. Evening Welcome Drinks.
Day 2 : Monday 31st March 2008 :
Free Morning to discover Loule. Half Day Afternoon trip to visit Ria Formosa nature reserve and the Salinas of Fuseta.
Day 3 Tuesday 1st April 2008 :
Full day with packed lunch to Spanish border and drive back via Olhao and the saltpans
Day 4 : Wednesday 2nd April 2008 :
Free morning : Half day afternoon trip to Pera and into the Monchique hills.
Day 5 : Thursday 3rd April 2008 :
Full day with packed lunch : Cape St Vincent on the western tip of the Algarve and stop off at Alvor estuary
Day 6 : Friday 4th April 2008 :
Full day with packed lunch : Drive into the Alentejo. Travel northwards to the Mertola and Castro Verde areas of the Alentejo region.
Day 7 : Saturday 5th April 2008 :
Free morning to discover Loule town and famous vibrant Saturday markets. Afternoon trip to Ludo Farm, Faro marshes & Quinta do Lago. Evening Meal at local restaurant.
Day 8 : Sunday 6th April 2008 :
- Extras -
- An 8-day, single-centre birdwatching holiday to the Algarve, with daily excursions in search of southern Portugal's resident and migrant birds. This tour has been specifically chosen to give you the chance of enjoying the very best of Algarvian winter/spring birding.
This tour is not one designed to rack up a long list of species, the emphasis instead being on enjoying quality birdwatching, taking each day as it comes and getting to know the birds of southern Europe. If all this sounds attractive, then our eight-day holiday might well have been tailor-made for you. And all in the company of two guides whose love and enthusiasm for the region will make you long to return.
What is included?
Personal car hire - Group B - car collection at Faro International Airport.
Seven nights accommodation with heating at the Quintassential Apartment Cottages - Loule.
Generous Welcome Hamper on arrival.
Three packed lunches for full day trips.
Evening meal including wine at local restaurant on Saturday night
All transportation for birding trips.
Exclusive services of Mick Chew as your guide throughout the tour.
Use of Hot tub/Jacuzzi
What is not included?.
Personal holiday insurance
Comprehensive car insurance
Use of telescopes, binoculars, field guides etc
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Loule
- Loule Country Market - from 19 EUR
Email the tour operator - Algarve Bird Watching Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.