- Price from:
- 15 EUR /person
- 0048 664 41 43 01
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 08/05/2008
It is here, in this town of Wadowice,
where everything began: my life,
my studies, the theatre
and the priesthood
Jan Paul II
The name of this small town, Wadowice, has become world-wide known for the fact that one of the greatest Poles in the history of the world was born and brought up here.
This man was nobody else but Karol Wojtyï¿½a, the future Pope John Paul II.
The town is an attractive destination both for pilgrims and tourists.
On the one hand, you may pay a nostalgic visit to the Popeï¿½s family house; a flat in a terraced house where his parents, Emilia and Karol Wojtyï¿½a, moved in after the First World War.Now, the Popeï¿½s family house has been turned into a museum and it draws 200,000 visitors a year.
On the other hand, there are so often remembered by the Pope tourist paths leading up Leskowiec hill and other beautiful nature spots in the Beskid Maï¿½y range.
After a strenuous walk you can rest on the picturesque banks of the Skawa River, which attract weary tourists with their unique beauty and tranquillity.
Itï¿½s surely worth taking a trip to this town to see with your own eyes the place with a bit of history and follow the footprints of the great man who may soon be declared a saint.
Itï¿½s a moving, sentimental trip, one which will make you stop and reflect on life for a while.
Itï¿½s simply good to be there, so why donï¿½t you come along with us!
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Krakow
- Rafting at kayaking olympic track - from 50 EUR
- Clay Shooting - from 37 EUR
- White Water Rafting - from 55 EUR
- Karting - from 40 EUR
- Paintball - from 27 EUR
- Snow Mobiles - from 80 GBP
- Katowice Airport Transfer - from 16 EUR
- Limo Airport Transfer - from 19 EUR
- Aviation Museum - from 15 EUR
- Sightseeing Tours Around Krakow In Electric Excursion Vehicles - from 32 EUR
- The Special Krakows Sightseeing Tour Shortcut Of Krakow - from 100 EUR
- Communist Tour - from 30 EUR
- Wieliczka Salt Mine - from 18 EUR
- Auschwitz - from 18 EUR
- Balice Airport Transfer - from 7 EUR
- Ojcow - from 12 EUR
- Zakopane Tatra Mountains - from 30 EUR
- Bus Tour - from 8 EUR
- City Walk Royal Tour - from 14 EUR
- Historical Vintage Photo Sesions - from 60 EUR
- City Tour by Electric Car - from 32 EUR
- Cracow & Kazmierz - from 40 EUR
- Nowa Huta Communist Tour - from 35 EUR
- Communist Airport Transfer - from 17 EUR
- Auschwitz Birkenau through Monovitz - from 55 EUR
- Auschwitz Birkenau & Wieliczka - from 90 EUR
- Auschwitz Birkenau - from 20 EUR
- Kalashnikov Shooting - from 60 EUR
- Auschwitz Birkenau & Ghetto - from 70 EUR
- Auschwitz Birkenau & Schindler - from 70 EUR
- Ghetto Schindler Plaszow Camp Auschwitz Birkenau - from 80 EUR
- Krakow Kazimierz Podgorze Plaszow - from 50 EUR
- Krakow Kazimierz Wieliczka Salt Mine - from 70 EUR
- Zakopane and Dunajec River Gorge - from 100 EUR
- Jewish Heritage Shtetls - from 100 EUR
- Discovering Cracow - 6 days from 766 EUR
- Polish Capitals tour with guaranteed departure dates and... - 6 days from 495 EUR
- City break in Cracow - 3 days from 159 EUR
Email the tour operator - Wadowice
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.