Norwegian Coastal Voyage
- Price from:
- 4880 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 14 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Kirkenes (for cruise) - Oslo (final)
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/16/2008
Whether you want to see the fjords by land or on water, we have the perfect journey for you! We showcase the best of the fjords by cruising the west coast of Norway. Prepare for the perfect retreat!
Overnight transatlantic flight from your US gateway city.
Take a taxi to your centrally-located Oslo hotel. Take the day to get acquainted with Oslo.
Today take the opportunity to visit and explore many of Oslo's sights.
The train to Balestrand departs Oslo Central Station for Myrdal. Transfer to the Flam Railway and connect with the Fylkesbaatane express boat. Spend the night at Kvikne's, a family-run, fjordside hotel.
Take a morning boat to Fjærland and visit the Bøyum glacier and museum before ferrying back later that afternoon.
Enjoy the beauty of the Sognefjord on your morning express boat cruise to Bergen, the delightful Gateway to the Fjords. Spend the night at the charming and historic Grand Hotel Terminus.
Spend the better part of the day touring Bergen before making your way to the dock for your evening departure and overnight stay on the Hurtigruten ship.
When you awaken, the ship will be crossing the open Stadthavet for Torvik. You will stop in Geiranger, Alesund and Molde before docking in Krisitansund.
The ship arrives early in the morning in ancient Trondheim, Norway's first capital. Visit the great Gothic cathedral of Nidaros before sailing on to Rorvik.
Today you'll cross the Arctic Circle. After Bodø, the ship heads out to sea for the picturesque Lofoten Islands. In the evening, the ship will navigate the narrow Raftsund Strait and the Trollfjord.
Pass the medieval Trondenes church before calling at Harstad. Sail across the Vagsfjord past the great island of Senja before stopping in Tromsø, the Paris of the North.
Take in the beauty of Finnmark's landscape before calling at Honningsvag, the capital of the North Cape. From there, the ship heads east toward the fishing villages of Kjollefjord, Mehamn and Berlevag.
Arrive in Kirkenes this morning and take a taxi to the airport for your flight to Oslo. Enjoy a final dinner at your Oslo hotel.
Take a taxi to the Oslo airport for your return flights to the US.
- Inclusions -
- Airfare from US gateway cities;
- Exclusions -
- Passport and visa expenses;
- Extras -
- Contact us to learn more about our Norway Hurtigruten Cruise ( formerly Norwegian Coastal Voyage). We appreciate your interest and look forward to planning your journey together.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Oslo
Email the tour operator - Norwegian Coastal Voyage
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.