Jewel of the Fjords
- Price from:
- 2345 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Bergen or Oslo
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/05/2008
Enjoy maritime Bergen, then head out to the countryside for five unforgettable days of natural beauty. Partake in daily excursions throughout scenic Norway and ride upon the world famous Flam Railway!
Overnight flight to Bergen from U.S. gateway city
Arrive in Bergen Refresh and get acquainted with the city.
Accommodations: Scandic Hotel Bergen City, situated in the midst of Bergen's most charming attractions,B
Bergen : Lavik : Skei
Tour escort will meet you at the hotel. Your journey begins with a morning three-hour city sight-seeing tour including Troldhaugen, home of composer Edvard Grieg, Rosenkrantz Tower, Haakon's Hall at Bergenhus Fortress, Bryggen Harbor and Mt. Fløien funicular. Later, a coach waits to transfer you to a 4:30 p.m. departure by ship for Sognefjord West Coast voyage. Arrive in Lavik and continue by coach through Vadheim, Førde and end in Skei.
Next 5 days Accommodations: Skei Hotel, nestled in the beautiful surroundings of Lake Jølster, B, D
Fjærland and Glaciers Tour Today's excursion to Fjærland includes a scenic drive along Lake Jølster, traveling through the tunnel for a view of Bøyumsdal Glacier, Fjærland, Supphelle Glacier and ending with a tour of the Norwegian Glacier Museum. Be sure to stay and savor a cup of coffee at Bøyum Glacier. Before retiring for the evening, enjoy the Skrede family's folklore, music and dancing. A special treat! B, L, D
Spend your day threading through the Geiranger area: Våtedal Valley, Utvik Mountain, Nordfjord and towns of Olden, Loen, Stryn and Hellesylt. Enjoy a one-hour Geirangerfjord cruise, Seven Sisters and Bridal Veil waterfalls, fjord views from Dalsnibba and a return coach journey meandering back to Skei via Grotli, Hjelle and Lake Oppstryn. B, L, D
Briksdal Glacier Tour
This morning's venture takes you to the charming town of Olden, meandering through the 20 kilometers of the Olden Valley. Continue further to the Briksdal Glacier and Valley, where your journey culminates at Jostedalen, Europe's largest glacier. B, L, D
Today, continue deeper into time and space to visit Sandane: Klakegg, Våtedal Valley, Breim, Eidsfossen Falls, Nordfjord Folk Museum and the Gimmestad Church, dating back to 1692. The return journey includes views of the Breim Lake in Reed, the Norwegian Fjordhorse Center and Byrkjelo. After dinner, prepare for refreshments and entertainment in the Gamlestova Cottage to savor Norwegian folk music, local history and even a few ghost stories! B, L, D
Skei : Essence of Norway : Bergen or Oslo
After breakfast, depart for Bergen via the Gaular Mountain Road to Balestrand, enjoy the Norway in a Nutshell in Style excursion including the cruise along the Sognefjord to Flåm. End this adventure by taking the train along the famous Flåm Railway to Myrdal and on to Bergen. Transfer to the hotel is included.
Accommodations: Scandic Hotel Bergen City, B, L, D
Depart for Oslo via the Sogndal Mountain Road to Sogndal, enjoy the Norway in a Nutshell in Style excursion before changing trains into the Hardangervidda Mountain Plateau and ending in Oslo. Transfer to your hotel is included.
Accommodations: Hotel Continental, a traditional hotel offering exceptional service in the heart of Oslo, B, L
Bergen or Oslo departure for U.S. or extension
After breakfast you will depart on your own to your airport or continue your stay with one of The Nordic Company's many extension options. B
- Inclusions -
- Airfare, prices vary upon departure city
- Exclusions -
- Passport and visa expenses
- Extras -
- Experience the comfort and convenience of a five-consecutive nights stay in a traditional family-owned mountain hotel, with daily tours included.Free use of fitness room and pool, Turkish steam bath, sauna, tennis and badminton courts, rowboats and bicycles, 10 marked mountain-hiking trails and fishing on the lakes and rivers. Fabulous shopping within easy walking distance at Auhild Vikens Vevstove.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bergen
Email the tour operator - Jewel of the Fjords
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.