Holland Living with Water
- Price from:
- 219 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 07.00 pm
- We Speak:
- German, Dutch, Spanish, English, (other languages on request)
Last updated: 04/21/2009
Water has been crucial for this area. Visit towns that survived the flood of 1953 and find out how amazing structures protect us nowadays.
> Canal cruise Schiedam
> Borough Brielle and ringtown Dreischor
> Beach and dunes
Schiedam, a city part of the Rotterdam metropolitan area. Enjoy the jenever (gin), its historical center with canals, and the historical windmills.
Learn about water management of the Netherlands at Maeslantkering (Maeslant Storm Surge Barrier).
The borough of Brielle is a very old fortified town, with many historic buildings in the centre.
In Rockanje, you have time to enjoy the beach or for a walk in the dunes of Voorne.
> Delta Works
> Bike-ride at Domburg
Next morning, you pass over the Haringvliet dam, one of the many constructions of the Delta Works, on your way to the Watersnood museum. This museum commemorates and remembers the "Watersnood", the flood disaster of 1 February 1953.
Zierikzee is a city where history has passed through. Beautiful old ships are mirrored in the water, of the old medieval harbor.
Visit the Eastern Scheldt storm surge barrier and the museum of the Delta Works after lunch.
Your last stop before reaching Vlissingen is beach town Domburg, inspiration to Dutch painters Mondriaan and Toorop.
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- More travellers on a booking > lower price!
Prices are per person, 2 days 1 night, all included.
Our Tours are easily extended with CityStays. Our tours start and end in the bigger cities, where there is lots to see and do. You can book a CityStay before or after your tour. We will arrange your hotel and give you inside information and tips about what to do and where to go. Explore the city at your own pace or maybe you would like to go shopping or enjoy the city hussle from a cafÃ©.
Are you interrested in several routes? Not a problem, we also offer you a transfer service to take you from -for example- the end of tour A to the start of tour B. Or from the airport to your hotel.
Are you interrested in several routes? Not a problem, just combinate your Tour with another Tour or Event. And add a CityStay in the city you like.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Rotterdam
Email the tour operator - Holland Living with Water
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.