Malta & Sicily Tour
- Price from:
- 1080 EUR /person
- +390957652696 ext.309
- +390957652696 ext.319
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 08/30/2007
Escorted small group size tour of Malta & Sicily with departures available from 2 up to 25 participants. 2007 Departure dates still available.
Friday: Malta.You are greeted at Malta airport and transferred to your hotel. Time at leisure to rest or shopping.
Saturday: Malta - Valletta, Mdina & Marsaxlokk. After breakfast, our full day tour includes a tour of Valletta, the capital city, built in 1565 by the Knights of St. John. Our tour starts with a visit to the Upper Barakka Gardens, where you can admire views overlooking the stunning fortified Grand Harbour. We also feature the magnificent St. John's Co.Cathedral: here you will also see Caravaggio's 'Beheading of St. John'. Our final stop in Valletta is the Grand Masters Palace, the old seat of the order of St. John and today used as home to the parliament. After our tour of Valletta, we visit the pretty traditional fishermen village of Marsaxlokk, in the south of the island, the best place for fresh fish and an ideal stop for lunch. We continue our tour in the afternoon, visiting the Hagar Qim Temple site, circa 3300BC; this temple is particularly interesting as it has the largest and heaviest megaliths, some weighing a staggering 20 tons. The final location of our tour is the medieval city of Mdina, which is otherwise known as "The Silent City". Mdina is the island's old capital, built in the 9th century by the Arabs. This medieval city is a maze of narrow alleys and magnificent architecture. Our walking tour includes all the main highlights and also a visit to St. Paul's Cathedral.
Sunday: Malta flight to Sicily: Catania/Taormina. All day long at leisure to rest or shopping, or optional excursion to Gozo Island. Tonight, transfer to the airport and independent departure to reach Sicily: Catania airport. On arrival in Sicily you are greeted at Catania airport and transferred to your hotel in Taormina.
Monday - Taormina. All day long at leisure to rest or shopping.
Tuesday - Catania & Syracuse. Today we depart to reach Catania, the city of lava, standing in the ominous shadow of Mount Etna. The town is called the city of black and white: white plaster and marble and black lava form major parts of its architectural adornment. Here, we will visit the old centre of the city in the Piazza Duomo, with the sculpture of the ancient elephant. Then we will drive to Syracuse. On arrival, a walk in the island of Ortygia, the picturesque and densely built original centre of Syracuse. Enjoy lunch at local restaurant. During afternoon we will visit the magnificent Archaeological Park, where we will admire the 5th-century BC Greek Theatre, the stone quarries, the Roman Amphitheatre and the Paradise Quarry. We'll then drive back to Taormina
Wednesday - Jeep Ride to Mount Etna. A short drive by Jeep takes us to the slopes of Mt. Etna. Weather and volcanic conditions permitting, we experience the lava fields and incredible views of Europe's highest and most active volcano. Visit the Cave of the Thieves and Mount Fontana, with a spectacular view of Bove Valley, and the extinct craters of Sartorius Mounts. Then to a farmhouse to taste Etna rural food: we indulge in a typical light-lunch at a farmhouse. After lunch, enjoy a stop at the entrance of Alcantara Gorges, before driving along the coast to reach Taormina.
Thursday - Taormina. All day long at leisure to own enjoy of Taormina, one of the world famous resort of Sicily for its views and atmosphere.
Friday - Taormina/Catania airport. Time to say goodbye to Sicily, as we are transferred to the Catania Airport (CTA) for our return flight.
- Inclusions -
- Taormina: Four nights accommodation in First class Hotel, standard room no sea-view
- Exclusions -
- Intercontinental flights
- Extras -
- Other details: 6 nights / 7 days. Malta, Saint Julian (2 nights) Sicily, Taormina (4 nights. Departure GUARANTEED (with a minimum of 2 guests. Every Friday from April 4, 2008 to October 17, 2008. 2007 departure dates still available. Small size group: Minimum 2 clients - Maximum 25 clients
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Valletta
Email the tour operator - Malta & Sicily Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.