Guided Walk at Selmun and Mistra
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 12 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 hours
- Location Start:
- Xemxija Fire Protection Parking Lot
- Location Finish:
- Mistra Bay
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 04.30 pm
- We Speak:
- German, Italian, English, Swedish
Last updated: 08/30/2007
Guided nature walks in the best and selected countryside areas in Malta. Tour leader is a graduated expert of the local flora and fauna. The tour also offers cliff views, history and touch of humour.
The guided tour is aimed to experience most of the beautiful nature and sunny countryside in Malta during Winter and Spring, where the rest of Europe hibernates snow or rain.
The excursion starts at 9:30am at the parking lot of the Xemxija Fire Brigade. The first hour consists of a walk along the coastal cliffs and exploration of various flora on site. Next we decend the cliffs from a man-made steps in the rock so as to reach the Mistra bay for a possible toe-dip.
Then we have a hefty walk up to the Selmun hill which is accompanied by several agricultural fields, Sweet-smell of Narcissus or honeysuckle and scenic views of the North coast of Malta. The higher we go the nicer it gets. We take a deserved rest at Selmun palace (recreation palace for the Knights of Saint John) and then we continue our way to visit very old Roman tombs and the church of Selmun.
At around 12:30 there is a 1 hour pause for eating or own exploration. At this site there is a fine restaurant offering local food (3 course set-menu) at reduced prices for the tour. One may bring his own food too.
The second part is a fairly easy downhill walk through the countryside which offers unforgetable scenes of Gozo and comino and later on Saint paul Islands. After an hour or so we should arrive the the English barracks that were functional during the 2nd World War.
The last part is an exciting and panoramic walk along the high cliffs facing Saint Paul islands and Saint Paul's Bay. During the whole tour, information about the local flora is given, as well as geological or environmental info.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- These are unique tours dedicated to Autumn-Winter-Spring tourists which are interested to have a memorable walks in the best countryside areas in Malta.
The guided tour ensures that identification and further details are given to the plants and fauna that is encountered during the excursion. The designation of the course ensure plenty of panaormaic views and various natural habitats. Ample time for photography and rests is guaranteed, and an optional midday launch specializing in local food is included at a discounted price.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Mellieha
- Boat Diving Package - 3 days from 175 EUR
Email the tour operator - Guided Walk at Selmun and Mistra
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.