Walking tour of Skopje
- Price from:
- 20 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Greek, Turkish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Bulgarian, Serbian,
Last updated: 06/23/2009
Travel Macedonia is pleased to bring to you a fantastic tour of this fascinating city. We are local specialists, and we have worked to organise a half day tour full of culture and history....
Skopje, the capital and the largest city with a mixed atmosphere of the Orient and the West and a history of more than 2000 years, is the right place to start discovering the Republic of Macedonia.
It is a place where many roads and civilizations have met and mingled. As Scupi, it was an important place since the Roman and Byzantine empires, and some of its ruins (after an earthquake in 518 AD) can still be seen in the NW suburbs. It may have been rebuilt and named JUSTINIANA PRIMA in 535, as a birth-place of Eastern Emperor Justinian I, and a seat of the province.
It was also a well-know trade centre during the long rule under the Ottoman Empire (1392-1912).
Skopje today is modern city with all the known vistas, views of its international architecture, but with the preserved and restored old and oriental quarter on the left bank side of the Vardar River.
In Skopje today there are a lot of interesting points to be seen. Travel Macedonia will give you some suggestions about possible sightseeing and excursion programs. Having highly experienced guides, we can guide tourist groups and individuals visitors.
The Program for this tour includes:
We will start the tour visiting the old Railway station : Skopje has connection with Thessalonica from the 19 century. Then we are going to visit The monument of Mother Teresa; The house of Mother Teresa; The Stone Bridge : monumental building in the centre of the city we cross the bridge and we enter from modern Skopje to the Oriental Skopje, we are going to visit Daut Pasin Amam : monument of the Islamic architecture from the XV century; The church St. Spas, built at the end of the XVII century; The Fortress Kale : the most outstanding tourist attraction of the city Skopje, After the finish of the tour a walk through the old Skopje market place.
- Extras -
- PRICE PER PERSON: 20 Euro
Prices are per persons in Euro,
Time and place of starting by agreement.
All tour is guided in English by our licensed guide.
Other languages on request
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Skopje
- Skopje Capital of Seven Gates - from 40 EUR
- Turkish Footprints in Macedonia - 5 days from 299 EUR
- Grand Tour of Macedonia - 10 days from 599 EUR
- Tour around Macedonia and Bulgaria - 8 days from 799 EUR
- Grand Tour Of Macedonia - 10 days from 729 EUR
- Tour around Macedonia - 4 days from 269 EUR
- Tour around Macedonia east - 4 days from 289 EUR
- Macedonia cradle of culture & land of nature - 9 days from 499 EUR
Email the tour operator - Walking tour of Skopje
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.