Vilnius Oldtown Tour
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Your Hotel
- Location Finish:
- Your Hotel
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 01.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Polish, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 07/26/2007
Did you know what the Old Town of Vilnius was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List? Meet the city with number of different buildings, a mixture of all European architectural styles.
The capital of the Republic of Lithuania is VILNIUS. Naturally, it is the largest city in the country: according to the data of 2001 the opulation of Vilnius is 542.287. Of them 57.8% are Lithuanians, 18.7% oles, 14% Russians, 4% Byelorussians, 0.5% Jews and the remaining 5% comprising some other nationalities.
The Old Town, historical centre of Vilnius, is one of the largest in eastern Europe (360 ha). The most valuable historic and cultural heritage is concentrated here. The buildings in the old town - there are about 1.5 thousand of them - were built in a number of different centuries, therefore, it is a mixture of all European architectural styles. Although Vilnius is often called a baroque city, here you will find some buildings of gothic, renaissance and other styles. The main sights of the city are the Gediminas Castle and the Cathedral Square, symbols of the capital. Their combination is also a gateway to the historic center of the capital. Because of its uniqueness, the Old Town of Vilnius was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
With our tour you can visit:
- The Cathedral.
- Vilnius University.
- Gate of Dawn.
- Town Hall square.
- The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul
- Amber gallery
- St Anne's and Bernadine's Churches
- And many other amazing sights of Vilnius!
- Extras -
- It is possible to arrange a tour from any Vilnius place at any time in English, German or other language.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Vilnius
- Half Day Tour Of Vilnius - from 6 EUR
- Trakai Castle sightseeing - from 6 EUR
- Full Day Tour To Kaunas City Tour And Museums - from 20 EUR
- Karting - from 50 EUR
- Beer Cycle Tour - from 37 EUR
- Big Gun Shooting - from 65 EUR
- Paintball in Vilnius - from 54 EUR
- Monster - from 80 EUR
- Canoe Expedition in Vilnius - from 54 EUR
- Snowboarding & Skiing - from 57 EUR
- Clay Pigeon Shooting - from 57 EUR
- Ice Fishing in Vilnius - from 56 EUR
- Sight Seeing Tour - from 33 EUR
- Classical Lithuania tour 6 days - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Baltic Highlights tour with 16 guaranteed departures in 2010 - 8 days from 595 EUR
- Baltic Tour - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Discover Summer Event in Lithuania - 5 days from 75 EUR
- VIP freetime in Lithuania - 3 days from 1800 EUR
- Tour to Lithuania - 4 days from 60 EUR
- The Baltic Capitals - 7 days from 499 GBP
Email the tour operator - Vilnius Oldtown Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.