Tour to Lithuania
- Price from:
- 60 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Vilnius Lithuania
- Location Finish:
- Vilnius Lithuania
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 03.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Russian, English
Last updated: 09/26/2006
Enjoy your visit to Lithuania together with tour operator Eura.We offer a range of services including tailor made tours, sightseeing tours, booking spas to rejunevate you or chose active holidays
The Old Town of Vilnius. There are: Gediminas' Tower of the Upper Castle : the symbol of Vilnius and Lithuania; Vilnius Cathedral Basilica with Bell tower : the spiritual centre of Lithuania (13-19 centuries); Vilnius University : the oldest University in Eastern Europe, Presidential Palace, the Town Hall, St. Casimir's church : the first Baroque church in Vilnius, Orthodox Monastery, St. Anne's and Bernardine church ensemble : the most spectacular architectural sights of Vilnius Old town, the gates of Down (1514) with the holy image of the Blessed Virgin Mary and others (3 hours
Vilnius through the ages. Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania and one of the country's oldest cities. It is situated on the country's oldest cities. It is situated on the confluence the Neris and the Vilnele rivers. It is a city with a rich history, the place where Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Classic and Modernism styles stand side by side, St. Peter and Paul's church, one of the most significant Baroque monuments of Lithuania. There are magnificent panorama from Vilnius TV-tower (200m.).
Excursion to DZUKIJA NATIONAL PARK &
DRUSKININKAI SPA (10 hours from Vilnius)
A coach trip to Dzukija National Park, the biggest national park in Lithuania covered with dry pine forest. Visit to a silent ethnographic village of Zervynos lost in the forests acquainting with the lifestyle of Dzukija people living in pinewoods. Further driving to Gruto parkas - an unusual open-air exhibition of the soviet era sculptures and monuments situated in the village of Grutas near Druskininkai. In 1999, the demounted Soviet time sculptures from Lithuanian cities were brought to Grutas. It is the heritage of several decades of Lithuanian monumental art. During the excursion in Gruto parkas you can feel the spirit of the Soviet age trying different dishes of that time in a local tavern. The tour in Druskininkai spa, the oldest health resort in Lithuania (1837), will give you the possibility to learn about the history of this health resort, its architecture and modern treatment establishments. The pride of the town is its mineral springs and you will have a chance to try the curative mineral water. The tour includes a visit to the museum of M.K. Ciurlionis (1875-1911), famous Lithuanian composer and painter, representative of modern music and primitive painting of the beginning of the 20th century.
Trakai - the medieval capital of Lithuania
Trakai national park is very important to Lithuanians from a cultural and historic perspective. The main efforts have been to preserve Trakai castles, the town, ancient Trakai settlements and surrounding environments. The old town of Trakai was formed from between the 12 to 18 centuries. It was founded on t he peninsula surrounded by 3 lakes, which are connected and on islands scattered throughout these lakes. In Trakai old town, there is also the home of the people called Karaimes (a Turkish ethnic group) that were brought from Crimea to Lithuania in 1400.
Kaunas the second largest city of Lithuania
The old town. Kaunas is situated on the confluence the Nemunas and Neris rivers. There are: Medieval Kaunas castle, St. George church, Town Hall square : the largest in Lithuania, Town Hall, Arch-Cathedral Basilica, Jesuit's church and monastery, Gothic corner with Vytautas church and Perkunas house and many others (3 hours);
Kaunas : the main cultural centre of Lithuania. The city's Old Town is a second in Lithuania. There are many museums: Vytautas the Great war museum, M.K. Ciurlionis Art museum, M.Zilinskas Western Art gallery, T.Ivanauskas Zoological museum, Maironis Literature museum, Post, Telecommunication and Informatics museum and others.You will visit the main pedestrian street : Laisves Avenue, with the monument to Vytautas the Great,Pazaislis Monastery : the most beautiful Baroque architectural monument in Lithuania, and the oak-grove : the cradle of Lithuanian sport (3 hours).
11 Panoramas in Kaunas. There are 11 panoramic sites with different panoramas of Kaunas. You can see: the Old Town, the town centre, the loops of the river Nemunas, Kaunas hydro-electric Power station with Kaunas sea, Kaunas fortress, some castle-hills (4 hours).
Jewish heritage in Kaunas. Historic monuments in the Old Town, Mapu and Zamenhofas streets, Jewish ghetto (during the World War II), Sugihara centre, Kaunas choral Synagogue, Ninth Fort museum, a former death site of thousands of Jewish during the World War II (2 hours).
Here is all Lithuania : trip by boat to the Country life museum. Museum is located on the coast of the Kaunas sea, near the small town of Rumsiskes the territory of the museum covers 175 ha. There are 146 buildings from all of Lithuania and approximately 60000 exhibits from the main ethnographic regions of Lithuania : Aukstaitija, Dzukija, Suvalkija and Zemaitija. The length of a typical excursion through the park is 6,5 km. There are possibilities to drive by a horse-drawn carriage (Half a day tour).
Kaunas by plane. Kaunas is the cradle of the Lithuania aviation. There is Aviation museum and the Main Aviation club in Lithuania. Members of this club are ready to do sightseeing tours around Kaunas by plane
- Inclusions -
- all tickets to museums
- Extras -
- Vast range of accomodation choices prices from 40euros per night booking spas and flights to Lithuania
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Vilnius
- Half Day Tour Of Vilnius - from 6 EUR
- Trakai Castle sightseeing - from 6 EUR
- Full Day Tour To Kaunas City Tour And Museums - from 20 EUR
- Karting - from 50 EUR
- Beer Cycle Tour - from 37 EUR
- Big Gun Shooting - from 65 EUR
- Paintball in Vilnius - from 54 EUR
- Monster - from 80 EUR
- Canoe Expedition in Vilnius - from 54 EUR
- Snowboarding & Skiing - from 57 EUR
- Clay Pigeon Shooting - from 57 EUR
- Ice Fishing in Vilnius - from 56 EUR
- Sight Seeing Tour - from 33 EUR
- Vilnius Oldtown Tour - from 10 EUR
- Classical Lithuania tour 6 days - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Baltic Highlights tour with 16 guaranteed departures in 2010 - 8 days from 595 EUR
- Baltic Tour - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Discover Summer Event in Lithuania - 5 days from 75 EUR
- VIP freetime in Lithuania - 3 days from 1800 EUR
- The Baltic Capitals - 7 days from 499 GBP
Email the tour operator - Tour to Lithuania
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.