- Price from:
- 100 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Vilnius airport
- Location Finish:
- Tallinn airport
- We Speak:
- Russian, German, English. Other language guide on request.
Last updated: 02/11/2010
A nice customizable tour to the Baltic States. Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn in a great 6 day journey.
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to 3 star Reval Inn Hotel or similar, check-in. Welcome meeting.
Morning walking tour of Vilnius Old Town including all major historic and architectural sites: Cathedral Square where Vilnius was founded in 1323, St.Anne's and Bernardines' Churches - gems of the 16th c.Gothics, University founded in 1579, the Dawn Gate with a holy icon of Virgin Mary, the Amber Gallery. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional Lithuanian dinner at the restaurant.
VILNIUS - RIGA
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hill of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at 3 star Baltpark Hotel or similar.
Morning walking tour of Riga Old Town including the 13th c. impressive architectural monuments: the Dome Cathedral, St.Peter's Church, St.Jacob Church, the Powder Tower, the Guild, Riga Castle. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening, enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme or at the Medieval Restaurant Rozengrals.
Heading for Tallinn with the stop at Sigulda in Gauja National Park to visit the 13th century Crusaders' Fortress and Turaida Castle to hear a romantic love story about the Rose of Turaida. Arrival in Tallinn, check in at 3 star City Hotel Portus or similar. On the arrival an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack. Evening walking Tour of Tallinn Old Town including a picturesque Town Hall Square, the Toompea Hill where Tallinn was founded in the 12th c., the Dome Church, Parliament House, Alexander Nevsky Church and a splendid panoramic view of the whole city.
Time to think about your friends and family and buy souvenirs! Optional transfer to airport.
- Inclusions -
- as per program
- Exclusions -
- as per program
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Vilnius
- Half Day Tour Of Vilnius - from 6 EUR
- Trakai Castle sightseeing - from 6 EUR
- Full Day Tour To Kaunas City Tour And Museums - from 20 EUR
- Karting - from 50 EUR
- Beer Cycle Tour - from 37 EUR
- Big Gun Shooting - from 65 EUR
- Paintball in Vilnius - from 54 EUR
- Monster - from 80 EUR
- Canoe Expedition in Vilnius - from 54 EUR
- Snowboarding & Skiing - from 57 EUR
- Clay Pigeon Shooting - from 57 EUR
- Ice Fishing in Vilnius - from 56 EUR
- Sight Seeing Tour - from 33 EUR
- Vilnius Oldtown Tour - from 10 EUR
- Classical Lithuania tour 6 days - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Baltic Highlights tour with 16 guaranteed departures in 2010 - 8 days from 595 EUR
- Discover Summer Event in Lithuania - 5 days from 75 EUR
- VIP freetime in Lithuania - 3 days from 1800 EUR
- Tour to Lithuania - 4 days from 60 EUR
- The Baltic Capitals - 7 days from 499 GBP
Email the tour operator - Baltic Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.