Baltic Biking tour with guaranteed departure dates and fixed price
- Price from:
- 995 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English
Last updated: 02/11/2010
Guaranteed tours 2010! The tour is recommended for guests in normal physical condition between 35-65 years. Non-bicyclists welcome! English, German speaking guides are available.
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to Hotel Algirdas*** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour include a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. In the afternoon we continue to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. We enjoy a 15 km biking tour in the surroundings of Trakai. We continue to Kaunas and take a short stroll in the Old Town with its elegant Old Town Hall and Gothic cathedral. Check in at Hotel Magnus*** or similar.
We get up early to continue the tour in the direction of the Curonian Spit, a 100 km spit of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. A ferry from Klaipeda takes us to the Spit and we do down the spit to Nida. With it location at the Curonian Lagoon and its combination of old-fashioned fishing village and fashionable sea resort, Nida is one of the most attractive places on the entire Baltic Sea Coast. We visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann’s summerhouse and get acquainted with the charming resort town. In the late afternoon we enjoy a 30 km biking tour from Nida to Juodkrante before we go back to Klaipeda and check-in at Hotel Reval Inn Klaipeda*** or similar.
Klaipeda first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and has a long history as a German town called Memel. The sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with it narrow cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain. We now enjoy a 30 km biking tour to Palanga, where we make a sightseeing tour and visit the Amber Museum in the former Tiskevicius Palace in the Botanical Gardens before we continue into Latvia and arrive in Liepaja. Check-in at Hotel Europa City Amrita**** or similar.
Liepaja takes its name from the numerous lime trees in the city and we start the day with a short stroll in the Old Town with its Trinity Church. Afterwards we drive through the former Duchy of Courland to Kemeri, where we enjoy a 25 km biking tour through the Kemeri National Park, The balance of the day is spent for visiting Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. We reach Riga early in the late afternoon. Check-in at Hotel Europa City Riga *** or similar.
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. In the afternoon we continue to Saulkrasti and do a 30 km biking tour to Sigulda, a popular holiday resort. We see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and the ruins of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword. We continue to Cesis and check-in at Hotel Kolonna Cesis*** or similar.
Cesis is a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens. During the morning tour we see the ruins of the Castle of the Livonian Order and St. John’s Church. We head to Estonia and the Hanja Nature Park where we do a 30 km biking tour through the national park and around the Munamagi Hill, the biggest hill in the Baltic countries at just 300 m. We continue on to Tartu. Check-in at Hotel Dorpat *** or similar.
Tartu is the university town, where Estonia gained its statehood. During the morning tour we see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. After the tour we head for Lake Peipus and in the middle of the day we enjoy a 40 km biking tour from Kolka via Kallaste to Raja along the lake. The balance of the day is spent on a drive to the Lahemaa National Park. Check-in at Hotel Vihula Manor**** or similar.
The day starts with a 45 km biking tour through the Lahemaa National Park from Vihula via Sagadi and Palmse to Kasmu and the Kasmu Peninsula and afterwards we continue to Tallinn. Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy
place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, out-doors cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the Medieval Old Town Hall. Check in at Hotel Unique Mihkli *** or similar.
Optional transfer to the airport.
- Inclusions -
- as per program
- Exclusions -
- as per program
- Extras -
- Baltic Biking tour: Vilnius - Trakai - Kaunas - Klaipeda - Liepaja - Riga - Sigulda - Cesis - Tartu - Laahemaa - Tallinn OR UPSIDE DOWN
Guaranteed tours available: July-August 2010, 10 days / 9 nights.
Tours are offered in 2 languages: English, German.
Bikes are new modern Estonian produced tour bikes, model comfort and cruiser, 3-6 speeds, hand or foot brakes, equipped with bike bags, luggage boots, mud fl aps, refl ectors, bells and helmet.
Child seat available upon request.
Max 21 persons in the groups.
The tours are recommended for guests in normal physical condition between 35-65 years.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Riga
- Baltic Cycling tours - from 50 EUR
- L 39 fighter jet flight in Riga - from 1150 EUR
- Sigulda Hiking - from 14 EUR
- Jurmala by Bycicle - from 20 EUR
- Riga Food Tasting Tour - from 14 EUR
- The Hidden Art Nouveau of Riga - from 7 EUR
- Riga Free Tour - from 0 EUR
- Tour nearby Riga - from 50 EUR
- Clay Target Shooting - from 60 EUR
- Riga Karting - from 52 EUR
- Riga Karting with Race - from 65 EUR
- High Rope Adventure - from 38 EUR
- Jet Ski Safari - from 180 EUR
- Paintball Adventure Riga - from 40 EUR
- Zorbing - from 45 EUR
- Extreme Competition - from 165 EUR
- Rodeling Track - from 30 EUR
- Behind Bars Performance - from 40 EUR
- Escape from USSA - from 40 EUR
- Night in Prison Performance - from 40 EUR
- Industrial Climbing - from 45 EUR
- Parasailing - from 85 EUR
- Buggy Driving - from 55 EUR
- Best Aquapark in Baltics - from 36 EUR
- Free Falling Simulator Aerodium - from 50 EUR
- Great Train Robbery - from 65 EUR
- Quad Biking - from 78 EUR
- Sigulda day trip - from 15 EUR
- Paintball Adventure - from 5 EUR
- Cable Car Bungee Jump - from 65 EUR
- 4x4 Latvia - from 122 EUR
- Riga Sightseeing City Tour - from 12 EUR
- Paintball - from 10 EUR
- AK 47 - from 35 EUR
- Kalashnikov Shooting Action - from 25 GBP
- Bobsleigh Ride in Latvia - from 45 EUR
- Old Riga Town Sightseeing Tour - from 5 EUR
- Riga City Tour - from 10 EUR
- Riga Aviation Museum tour - from 10 EUR
- Riga Motormuseum tour - from 10 EUR
- Riga Open Air Museum tour - from 16 EUR
- Rundale Palace sightseeing in Latvia - from 17 EUR
- Latvian Folklor Evening in Lido - from 55 EUR
- Theatrical program in Rundale Palace in Latvia - from 70 EUR
- Riga Art Nouveau sightseeing - from 5 EUR
- Riga City Sightseeing Tour In Latvia Europe - from 30 EUR
- Bobsleigh - from 98 EUR
- Free Fall Simulator - from 70 EUR
- Canoe Expedition - from 57 EUR
- Tandem Skydive - from 176 EUR
- Clay Pigeon Shooting - from 72 EUR
- Paintball in Riga - from 62 EUR
- Golf - from 83 EUR
- Livu Aqua Park - from 40 EUR
- Water Relaxtion Spa - from 37 EUR
- Football in Riga - from 32 EUR
- Indoor Karting - from 60 EUR
- Individual and group tours to Latvia - 5 days from 50 EUR
- Riga Opera Festival tour - 4 days from 50 EUR
- Riga and Jurmala by bicycle - 3 days from 50 EUR
- Skiing and Snowboarding in Latvia - 5 days from 50 EUR
- Winter bobsleigh in Latvia - 3 days from 50 EUR
- Balticum Safari - 10 days from 840 EUR
- Baltic Hiking tour with guaranteed departure dates and fixed... - 10 days from 895 EUR
- Baltic Highlights Classic and Baltic Highlights Deluxe tours... - 8 days from 595 EUR
- Classical Baltic tour - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Winter weekend in Riga - 4 days from 149 EUR
- Christmas in Riga - 3 days from 174 EUR
- 5 Days Latvia Tour - 5 days from 250 EUR
- 8 Days Baltic States Tour - 8 days from 365 EUR
- 4 Days Latvian Recreational Tour - 4 days from 175 EUR
- 2 Days in Riga - 2 days from 155 EUR
- 5 Days Hunting Tour In Latgale - 5 days from 1585 EUR
- Real Latvia - 5 days from 300 EUR
- Bobsleigh & Riga Nightlife 3 Days - 3 days from 87 EUR
- Valentine day special offer in Riga - 3 days from 159 EUR
- Classical Latvia Tour - 5 days from 199 EUR
- Weekend in Riga - 3 days from 157 EUR
- Baltic Pearls - 7 days from 631 EUR
Email the tour operator - Baltic Biking tour with guaranteed departure dates and fixed price
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.