The Art Lover Tour Two
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Saint Rocco
- Location Finish:
- Church S. Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 03/22/2007
The Scuole in Venice were the seats of lay congregations that organized most of the non-working activities of bourgeois.
The Scuole in Venice were the seats of lay congregations that organized most of the non-working activities of bourgeois. Their success, prestige and wealth were to be shown, not only through the charitable deeds for which they were firstly responsible, but also by financing lavishly expensive decoration programmes in the buildings that hosted such institutions.
This is why the name of Saint Rocco brotherhood still resounds in Venice nowadays; reputed to be the greatest achievement of Tintoretto in the city, his masterpiece paintings will tell you about both his art and life. Conveniently located at a few steps away, the church of Santa Maria Gloriosa epitomises the close relationship between the Franciscan order and affluent patronage in Venice . Local citizens and some foreign communities were the main patrons and promoters for the construction and decoration of what the Venetians called the Big House. Here we are then to admire, among many other works, Titian's 'Assumption' and ' Pesaro ' altarpieces and Bellini's 'Madonna and Saints'.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Our tours are designed for independent travellers and small groups.
Price 195 euro up to 10 people.
For groups larger than 10 people please contact us for pricing and arrangements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Venice
- Islands of the lagoon - from 80 EUR
- Venice Harbour - from 40 EUR
- Venetian Canals - from 40 EUR
- Sailing Through History - from 100 EUR
- Venetian Canals by Night - from 50 EUR
- Walking Venice - from 34 EUR
- Venice on Foot - from 59 USD
- Highlights in Venice - from 120 EUR
- Beyond Venice - from 19 EUR
- Rialto & more - from 19 EUR
- 18th Century Venice - from 19 EUR
- The Piazza - from 19 EUR
- Venice a la Carte - from 19 EUR
- First time in Venice - from 19 EUR
- Dorsoduro - from 19 EUR
- Castello - from 19 EUR
- Cannaregio - from 19 EUR
- The Art Lover tour One - from 19 EUR
- Venice Past & Present Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- Art & Architecture & History - from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - The Art Lover Tour Two
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.