The Art Lover tour One
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Gesuati Church
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 03/22/2007
Venice painting School has always been celebrated in Europe...
Venice painting School has always been celebrated in Europe as one of the leading ones; the names of Carpaccio, Bellini, Giorgione, Titian, Veronese, Tintoretto resound in their masterly works hosted in the largest Venetian painting collection, the Accademia Galleries.
Originally established by the French in 1806 as the gallery of the School of Fine Arts , the premises of an old monastery and its church were chosen to house both a school and a museum. At the time of the down fall of the Venetian Republic many holy buildings where closed down and the dispersed works of art were housed in the Accademia to form the bulk of its collection. Join us then in a selected itinerary through the most significant works on display and get your own view of over five centuries of great Venetian painting.
To complete our art tour today we go to the nearby Dominican church of Gesuati overlooking the vastness of the Giudecca canal. This is the perfect spot where to admire Venice 's 18th century genius, Giambattista Tiepolo and see his work still in situ.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Our tours are designed for independent travellers and small groups.
Price 195 euro up to 10 people.
For groups larger than 10 people please contact us for pricing and arrangements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Venice
- Islands of the lagoon - from 80 EUR
- Venice Harbour - from 40 EUR
- Venetian Canals - from 40 EUR
- Sailing Through History - from 100 EUR
- Venetian Canals by Night - from 50 EUR
- Walking Venice - from 34 EUR
- Venice on Foot - from 59 USD
- Highlights in Venice - from 120 EUR
- The Art Lover Tour Two - from 19 EUR
- Beyond Venice - from 19 EUR
- Rialto & more - from 19 EUR
- 18th Century Venice - from 19 EUR
- The Piazza - from 19 EUR
- Venice a la Carte - from 19 EUR
- First time in Venice - from 19 EUR
- Dorsoduro - from 19 EUR
- Castello - from 19 EUR
- Cannaregio - from 19 EUR
- Venice Past & Present Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- Art & Architecture & History - from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - The Art Lover tour One
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.