Rialto & more
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 03/22/2007
Rialto was the commercial center of Venice for much of its history
Descending the Rialto bridge, we enter the Rialto market district. In the mornings the place is thronged with locals who get there to buy fresh vegetables, fish, meat and cheese into the numerous shops. Rialto was the commercial center of Venice for much of its history. The same name conjures up what probably was the single richest market in Europe for oriental goods and luxury products like spices, jewellery, precious stones, carpets, fabrics, pigments, and much more.
Later on we will move into the nearby former 'red light district' of the city, the so-called Castelletto, where more prosaic dealings were taking place. A visit into the noble palazzo Mocenigo and its textiles and costumes museum will be next: the right place to breath the sophisticated ambiance of the family that gave six doges to the Most Serene Republic.
A stop in one of the many 'bacari' or local food&wine inns, typically located in the Rialto area, will add some authentic flavor to our relaxed wandering and close today's tour.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Our tours are designed for independent travellers and small groups.
Price 195 euro up to 10 people.
For groups larger than 10 people please contact us for pricing and arrangements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Venice
- Islands of the lagoon - from 80 EUR
- Venice Harbour - from 40 EUR
- Venetian Canals - from 40 EUR
- Sailing Through History - from 100 EUR
- Venetian Canals by Night - from 50 EUR
- Walking Venice - from 34 EUR
- Venice on Foot - from 59 USD
- Highlights in Venice - from 120 EUR
- The Art Lover Tour Two - from 19 EUR
- Beyond Venice - from 19 EUR
- 18th Century Venice - from 19 EUR
- The Piazza - from 19 EUR
- Venice a la Carte - from 19 EUR
- First time in Venice - from 19 EUR
- Dorsoduro - from 19 EUR
- Castello - from 19 EUR
- Cannaregio - from 19 EUR
- The Art Lover tour One - from 19 EUR
- Venice Past & Present Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- Art & Architecture & History - from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Rialto & more
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.