First time in Venice
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 03/22/2007
Discover Venice on your first visit to the magical city!
Discover Venice on your first visit to the magical city! As "first timers" your wish to grasp the landmarks of the city can be met, and then some. The walk unfolds through the elegant Piazza San Marco, surrounded by the governmental buildings of the ancient Republic: this was in fact the political, religious and cultural centre of it all. Join us in the shining gold Byzantine Saint Mark church, one of the most incredible Christian buildings ever built.
We'll later start a pleasant walk through Castello district: the large campo Santa Maria Formosa will give you the chance to observe a wide array of architectural styles all within a single glance.
The square of San Giovanni e Paolo next awaits us. There a striking contrast between Renaissance and Gothic can be observed best: the huge Dominican church towers over the shimmering marble facade of the former School of Saint Mark.
We will not miss the church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli either: a sort of jewelled casket made of precious marbles. Before reaching Rialto we will pass by the Marco Polo house.
From the top of the famous Rialto bridge, you'll encounter all the splendours of the Grand Canal, as we are now heading into the commercial district of Venice. This was the financial and commercial center of Venice for much of its history, one of the most advanced of Europe.
The market surrounds the district: in the morning this is the liveliest corner of Venice: full of locals buying their fresh food from its vegetable and fish stands. The Rialto is always the best place to sip a glass of wine and try some local delicious finger food.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Our tours are designed for independent travellers and small groups.
Price 195 euro up to 10 people.
For groups larger than 10 people please contact us for pricing and arrangements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Venice
- Islands of the lagoon - from 80 EUR
- Venice Harbour - from 40 EUR
- Venetian Canals - from 40 EUR
- Sailing Through History - from 100 EUR
- Venetian Canals by Night - from 50 EUR
- Walking Venice - from 34 EUR
- Venice on Foot - from 59 USD
- Highlights in Venice - from 120 EUR
- The Art Lover Tour Two - from 19 EUR
- Beyond Venice - from 19 EUR
- Rialto & more - from 19 EUR
- 18th Century Venice - from 19 EUR
- The Piazza - from 19 EUR
- Venice a la Carte - from 19 EUR
- Dorsoduro - from 19 EUR
- Castello - from 19 EUR
- Cannaregio - from 19 EUR
- The Art Lover tour One - from 19 EUR
- Venice Past & Present Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- Art & Architecture & History - from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - First time in Venice
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud: