- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Church of Santa Maria della Salute
- Location Finish:
- Rialto Bridge
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 03/22/2007
This itinerary unfolds through the Dorsoduro district, one of the favourite areas among AngloAmerican visitors in Venice at the turn of the 20 th century and proceeds to San Polo.
We will start by the Church of Santa Maria della Salute, with its balloon-like dome that has become so much part of our image of Venice. As the tour proceeds, passing by the Accademia Galleries and San Barnaba church, once used as a library by Dr. Indiana Jones, we get into the lively campo Santa Margherita. Both locals and young university students like to gather in this spacious field as the numerous scattered cafes can witness. Later, we visit the huge Franciscan church of the Frari to admire the worldly famous works of Titian and Bellini. A stroll along the Grand Canal will lead us to finish the tour by the Rialto Bridge , the past and present heart of the commercial and financial life of Venice.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Our tours are designed for independent travellers and small groups.
Price 195 euro up to 10 people.
For groups larger than 10 people please contact us for pricing and arrangements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Venice
- Islands of the lagoon - from 80 EUR
- Venice Harbour - from 40 EUR
- Venetian Canals - from 40 EUR
- Sailing Through History - from 100 EUR
- Venetian Canals by Night - from 50 EUR
- Walking Venice - from 34 EUR
- Venice on Foot - from 59 USD
- Highlights in Venice - from 120 EUR
- The Art Lover Tour Two - from 19 EUR
- Beyond Venice - from 19 EUR
- Rialto & more - from 19 EUR
- 18th Century Venice - from 19 EUR
- The Piazza - from 19 EUR
- Venice a la Carte - from 19 EUR
- First time in Venice - from 19 EUR
- Castello - from 19 EUR
- Cannaregio - from 19 EUR
- The Art Lover tour One - from 19 EUR
- Venice Past & Present Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- Art & Architecture & History - from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Dorsoduro
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.