- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 03/22/2007
Cannaregio, the north-east district of the city: secluded by geography from the bustling Rialto-San Marco hub, this area still keeps an authentic Venetian ambiance.
Starting our tour by the Rialto bridge, we first have a look at the supposed family home of Marco Polo; this will be the right spot to recall the incredible 27 years journey of Marco through Asia. We proceed then to Cannaregio, the north-east district of the city: secluded by geography from the bustling Rialto-San Marco hub, this area still keeps an authentic Venetian ambiance.
Approaching the northern most edge of Venice , we get to the parish of Madonna dell'Orto, the right spot to view the great Tintoretto.
Just close by we'll bring back to life an oriental flavoured history as we view some curious embedded stone figures of a camel and its turbanned merchant master.
Further ahead the churchless campo of the New Ghetto welcomes us into the first established premises where Jews of diverse provenances were obliged to reside from 1516 until 1797. Within a most restrained space, a cosmopolitan group of Jews contributed to both the commercial wealth of Venice and the diffusion of their own culture.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Our tours are designed for independent travellers and small groups.
Price 195 euro up to 10 people.
For groups larger than 10 people please contact us for pricing and arrangements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Venice
- Islands of the lagoon - from 80 EUR
- Venice Harbour - from 40 EUR
- Venetian Canals - from 40 EUR
- Sailing Through History - from 100 EUR
- Venetian Canals by Night - from 50 EUR
- Walking Venice - from 34 EUR
- Venice on Foot - from 59 USD
- Highlights in Venice - from 120 EUR
- The Art Lover Tour Two - from 19 EUR
- Beyond Venice - from 19 EUR
- Rialto & more - from 19 EUR
- 18th Century Venice - from 19 EUR
- The Piazza - from 19 EUR
- Venice a la Carte - from 19 EUR
- First time in Venice - from 19 EUR
- Dorsoduro - from 19 EUR
- Castello - from 19 EUR
- The Art Lover tour One - from 19 EUR
- Venice Past & Present Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- Art & Architecture & History - from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Cannaregio
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.