- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 03/22/2007
The Venetian lagoon, made up of some 360 sq. miles, is full of low, green islands of varying size, linked by channels through the muddy shallows
The Venetian lagoon, made up of some 360 sq. miles, is full of low, green islands of varying size, linked by channels through the muddy shallows.
These unique surroundings originally fostered several scattered groups of mainland refugees through fishing, salt collecting and boat ferrying.
The islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello nowadays recall the earliest days of Venice and are still lively examples of the lagoon's own culture. The internationally famous Murano has been for 700 years the centre of glass making. Burano with its brightly painted houses is the most typical lagoon fisherman village and the archeological site of Torcello offers you the oldest cathedral of Venice .
Spend a few hours in the relaxing setting of this calm water environment and get a complete overview of the lagoon.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Our tours are designed for independent travellers and small groups.
Price 195 euro up to 10 people.
For groups larger than 10 people please contact us for pricing and arrangements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Venice
- Islands of the lagoon - from 80 EUR
- Venice Harbour - from 40 EUR
- Venetian Canals - from 40 EUR
- Sailing Through History - from 100 EUR
- Venetian Canals by Night - from 50 EUR
- Walking Venice - from 34 EUR
- Venice on Foot - from 59 USD
- Highlights in Venice - from 120 EUR
- The Art Lover Tour Two - from 19 EUR
- Rialto & more - from 19 EUR
- 18th Century Venice - from 19 EUR
- The Piazza - from 19 EUR
- Venice a la Carte - from 19 EUR
- First time in Venice - from 19 EUR
- Dorsoduro - from 19 EUR
- Castello - from 19 EUR
- Cannaregio - from 19 EUR
- The Art Lover tour One - from 19 EUR
- Venice Past & Present Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- Art & Architecture & History - from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - Beyond Venice
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.