18th Century Venice
- Price from:
- 19 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 03/22/2007
In its last century of independence, Venice had become a major European tourist centre
In its last century of independence, Venice had become a major European tourist centre. The Carnival, artificially protracted from October until February, gave an air of spurious gaiety to the dying Most Serene Republic. A century of decadence, as it has been officially recorded by scholarship, nonetheless Venice of the 1700's witnessed a last striking artistic flowering through the works of Tiepolo and Canaletto. Several other names can be recalled also if we take into account a wide array of minor arts like wood carving, gilding, furniture making, glass, china ware, and furnishings. In today's itinerary you can grasp all this through a visit into the grandest palazzo of the time, Ca' Rezzonico, where the inside decoration is so skillfully arranged that you can savour the authentic atmosphere of a great 18th century family home. Continuing our tour, you will later find the reserved atmosphere of the Carmelite Scuola , one of the only four brotherhoods left in town whose premises host the greatest works by Tiepolo. We will end by Ca' Zenobio, a privately owned palace where you will be able to have a glimpse on a smaller, more intimate kind of dwelling, with its delightful ballroom and garden.
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Our tours are designed for independent travellers and small groups.
Price 195 euro up to 10 people.
For groups larger than 10 people please contact us for pricing and arrangements.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Venice
- Islands of the lagoon - from 80 EUR
- Venice Harbour - from 40 EUR
- Venetian Canals - from 40 EUR
- Sailing Through History - from 100 EUR
- Venetian Canals by Night - from 50 EUR
- Walking Venice - from 34 EUR
- Venice on Foot - from 59 USD
- Highlights in Venice - from 120 EUR
- The Art Lover Tour Two - from 19 EUR
- Beyond Venice - from 19 EUR
- Rialto & more - from 19 EUR
- The Piazza - from 19 EUR
- Venice a la Carte - from 19 EUR
- First time in Venice - from 19 EUR
- Dorsoduro - from 19 EUR
- Castello - from 19 EUR
- Cannaregio - from 19 EUR
- The Art Lover tour One - from 19 EUR
- Venice Past & Present Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- Art & Architecture & History - from 220 EUR
Email the tour operator - 18th Century Venice
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.