- Price from:
- 160 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/21/2006
Medieval Rome extends across the banks of the Tiber River . While her remnants are not omnipresent to the untrained eye, we will lead you through her 1000+ year old heritage...
Our tour begins in one of Rome's most attractive residential area's known as Trastevere (Across the Tiber). This upscale neighborhood boasts several famous churches from the Middle Ages, such as San Bartolomeo all'Isola, Basilica di Santa Cecilia and Rome's crown jewel of sacred Medieval architecture, Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere, with its golden mosaics and stunning iconic art. Our tour goes into the heart of Trastevere, to Piazza Santa Maria Trastevere. We will lead you a mere one hundred meters away for the square to the ancient river island of Isola Tiberina, and its footbridge, Ponte Fabricio. This same bridge also leads you directly in Rome's Jewish quarter. Further south down the Tiber banks we will arrive at the Roman Temples of the Vestal Virgins and Fortune. Just across from this monuments is the 6th century church of Sta. Maria in Cosmedin, where tourists stop to place their hands in the Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth), a long time tradition for visitors coming to Rome. Our riverside tour will not be complete without a stop by Castel Sant'Angelo, a refuge to Rome's popes in times of war, as well as Hadrian's Mausoleum , Ponte Sant' Angelo and the Augustus' Ara Pacis, the altar of peace constructed by Rome's first emperor.
- Extras -
- We inform our clients that in order to ensure top quality service, our drivers are trained to give informative explanations of the local areas you visit .
Yet strict Italian tourist board regulations prohibit chauffeurs from commenting excessively at official tourist sites outside their vehicles. This is agreement with labour union agreements struck with licensed walking tour guides. They can, of course, speak to you from inside the vehicle anywhere organized tourism is in place.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Rome
- Jewish Tour Jewish Rome - from 200 EUR
- Rome Wine Tasting - from 35 EUR
- Rome City Center Wine Art Tour - from 80 EUR
- Wine & Dine in Rome - from 55 EUR
- Vatican VIP Entrance Tour - from 35 EUR
- 3 Hour Vatican Walking Tour Rome - from 170 EUR
- Rome Cruiser Bike Tour - from 49 EUR
- My Italians Wine Tasting - from 50 EUR
- Vatican & Sistine Chapel Tour - from 30 EUR
- Archaeological Rome - from 141 EUR
- Rome Segway Tours - from 75 EUR
- Vatican City Tour - from 0 EUR
- Imperial Rome & Fountains - from 300 EUR
- Vatican Museums & Imperial Rome - from 480 EUR
- Renaissance and Baroque Rome - from 160 EUR
- Imperial Rome - from 160 EUR
- Rome Underground - from 160 EUR
- Vatican Museums Tour - from 260 EUR
- Rome Romantic Tour by Night - from 192 EUR
- Roman Castles - from 225 EUR
- Rome Package Special Deal - 4 days from 479 USD
- Historical and Cultural Tour to Rome & Florence - 7 days from 739 EUR
- Italy By Eurostar Train - 10 days from 1999 USD
- Travel Europe on Any Budget - 3 days from 410 USD
- Rome Shopping Guide - 2 days from 60 EUR
- Rome & Florence & Venice - 10 days from 2800 USD
Email the tour operator - Medieval Rome
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.