Imperial Rome & Fountains
- Price from:
- 300 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- rome city
- Location Finish:
- rome city
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/20/2006
Rome, the eternally young city, seeks not to hide her fabulous beauty.
On the contrary: Rome directly captivates her visitors and citizens with an unmatched blend of the ancient and modern worlds
Our full day tour begins with the Forum visit, Imperial Rome's vibrant social centre worship.
Incorporated into the Forum was the world's first multi-level shopping mall :Trajan's Markets : designed in the 1st Century A.D. Just outside the market place is the world's largest marble column :Trajan's Column :. The Colosseum :our next stop. Before leaving this ancient hub, your guide will lead you along a brief tour of the surrounding monuments and converted pagan temples that still dominate the Forum, like the church of Sts. Cosimus and Damian containing Bernini sculptures, the Marmentine Prison, Then you are in poll position for a lap around the ancient race-track of Circus Maximum, while passing by the Baths of Caracalla along the backside of Palatine Hill. The visit continue to the heart of the ancient city, at Piazza del Campidoglio. Just below is Piazza Venezia, which peers onto the colossal state monument, Vittorio Emanuele, restructured by Mussolini. Don't miss out on the opportunity to climb the Vittoria Emanuele's steps above Piazza Venezia for a bird's eye view of the ancient imperial city hub. Next stop is Piazza del Popolo before heading on to Piazza della Rotonda. Piazza del Popolo (The People's Square) is Rome's largest public square and site of numerous free cultural events. At Piazza della Rotonda, you will be spellbound by an ancient Roman temple of the Pantheon still perfectly intact! The Pantheon was built in honour of all the pagan deities. Then we will take you through the Bernini heartland in Rome. Gianlorenzo Bernini, Rome's beloved 17th century sculptor and architect, left his most magnificent mark in Piazzas Barberini and Novana, both adorned with giant water spewing marble statues and baths.
Last Stop: Rome's Most Famous Squares. No tour of Rome's is complete without a trip to one of her prestigious landmarks: Piazza di Spagna (The Spanish Steps), Piazza St. Pietro (St. Peter's Square) and Piazza Trevi (Trevi Fountain). Piazza Trevi is home to Rome's fountain par excellence; Piazza San Pietro is Michelangelo's civil engineering masterpiece; and Piazza di Spagna, is a favourite place for lover's to enjoy Rome's sunsets and outdoor social life.
At the end of the tour our driver will accompany you to your Hotel.
- Extras -
- We inform our clients that in order to ensure top quality service, our drivers are trained to give informative explanations of the local areas you visit .
Yet strict Italian tourist board regulations prohibit chauffeurs from commenting excessively at official tourist sites outside their vehicles. This is agreement with labour union agreements struck with licensed walking tour guides. They can, of course, speak to you from inside the vehicle anywhere organized tourism is in place.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Rome
- Jewish Tour Jewish Rome - from 200 EUR
- Rome Wine Tasting - from 35 EUR
- Rome City Center Wine Art Tour - from 80 EUR
- Wine & Dine in Rome - from 55 EUR
- Vatican VIP Entrance Tour - from 35 EUR
- 3 Hour Vatican Walking Tour Rome - from 170 EUR
- Rome Cruiser Bike Tour - from 49 EUR
- My Italians Wine Tasting - from 50 EUR
- Vatican & Sistine Chapel Tour - from 30 EUR
- Archaeological Rome - from 141 EUR
- Rome Segway Tours - from 75 EUR
- Vatican City Tour - from 0 EUR
- Medieval Rome - from 160 EUR
- Vatican Museums & Imperial Rome - from 480 EUR
- Renaissance and Baroque Rome - from 160 EUR
- Imperial Rome - from 160 EUR
- Rome Underground - from 160 EUR
- Vatican Museums Tour - from 260 EUR
- Rome Romantic Tour by Night - from 192 EUR
- Roman Castles - from 225 EUR
- Rome Package Special Deal - 4 days from 479 USD
- Historical and Cultural Tour to Rome & Florence - 7 days from 739 EUR
- Italy By Eurostar Train - 10 days from 1999 USD
- Travel Europe on Any Budget - 3 days from 410 USD
- Rome Shopping Guide - 2 days from 60 EUR
- Rome & Florence & Venice - 10 days from 2800 USD
Email the tour operator - Imperial Rome & Fountains
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.