Vietri & Paestum
- Price from:
- 360 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Naples/ Amalfi Coast
- Location Finish:
- Naples/ Amalfi Coast
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/21/2006
Driving southward to Paestum, a visit to the ancient Greek temples dating back to the 6th century B.C., and the Museum rich of a collection of Greek art and antiquities
We will lead you along an 8-hour excursion to one of the most important centers of ancient Magna Grecia. This is the southern part of Italy colonized by the ancient Greeks and Roman civilizations. It was here that several cities flourished, such as Posidonian and Paestum.
Paestum: The town of Paestum will be the protagonist of our tour with its fortified walls and temples in excellent states of conservation.
Inside Paestum's city walls you will visit ancients temples such as that of Neptune, the Roman Basilica, the Forum, bathhouses, sacred wells, amphitheater as well as ancient homes and shops among the many archeological treasures.
Vietri: On our way back to Naples you will visit the seaside town of Vietri sul Mare, famous for its ceramics arts and crafts. Vietri also has a picturesque medieval borgo worth visiting, where you may tour a museum and shops dedicated to the local artwork.
If you wish to visit the countryside we can happily arrange tastings at wineries and for you try some of the best, freshest mozzarella in Italy!
- Extras -
- We inform our clients that in order to ensure top quality service, our drivers are trained to give informative explanations of the local areas you visit .
Yet strict Italian tourist board regulations prohibit chauffeurs from commenting excessively at official tourist sites outside their vehicles. This is agreement with labour union agreements struck with licensed walking tour guides. They can, of course, speak to you from inside the vehicle anywhere organized tourism is in place.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Naples
- Naples Walking Tour - from 200 EUR
- Naples city tour - from 320 EUR
- Amalfi & Grotta Smeraldo & Positano - from 320 EUR
- Cassino and Caserta - from 360 EUR
Email the tour operator - Vietri & Paestum
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.