Naples Walking Tour
- Price from:
- 200 EUR /person
- 0039 081 5321145
- 0039 081 5321145
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English, Italian, German
Last updated: 01/26/2008
Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of Naples, a difficult place for the casual tourist to like. With an expert local guide You'll come to love Naples.
Wander through the narrow alleyways of the Spaccanapoli, one of Naples most poorest quarters where the daily lives of the Neopolitans unfold like a play. Sometimes comical, sometimes tragic, but never boring. You'll discover the true soul of the city as you explore the hidden Napoli. Visit the elaborately decorated Baroque church of Gesù Nuovo which is considered to be the historic heart of the city of Naples.
At the Santa Chiara Monastery, elegantly decorated in Gothic style, we'll visit the monumental tomb of Robero d'Angiò, king of Naples.
Emerging back in to the labyrinth of streets and alleyways of the Spaccanapoli, pause to enjoy Napoli 's best espresso and local pastries at one of city's most popular establishments.
Living under the shadow of Vesuvius, the Neopolitans are very religious people and are particularly found of the city's patron saint San Gennaro. While visiting the Duomo, you'll hear of the miracle that takes place in Naples every year on the saint's death when his dried blood contained within sealed vials liquefies as the devout Neopolitans offer prayers to his memory. During your time in Naples you could also visit the photogenic San Gregorio Armeno and enjoy views of the bay and perceive how Naples rests like a great amphitheatre around waters of the bay of Napoli.
- Extras -
Local English-speaking Guide for 3 hours
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Naples
- Naples city tour - from 320 EUR
- Amalfi & Grotta Smeraldo & Positano - from 320 EUR
- Vietri & Paestum - from 360 EUR
- Cassino and Caserta - from 360 EUR
Email the tour operator - Naples Walking Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.