Cassino and Caserta
- Price from:
- 360 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Naples/ Amalfi Coast
- Location Finish:
- Naples/ Amalfi Coast
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/21/2006
Visit to the Royal Palace and the delightful gardens and ponds in the huge park. Back to the Highway towards Cassino , ascent to Mount Cassino and visit to the renowned Abbey...
Cassino: the monastery located high above the town of Cassino, a top Montecassino, has been destroyed and rebuilt a total of 4 times during its 1500 year history -the last time following a massive World War II bombing raids. Today you will find it returned more than ever to its ancient splendor.The Montecassino Monastery is home to illustrious works of art and rare books in its library, archives and museum, which the Benedictine monks will proudly show you when visiting.
Caserta: on our way back to Naples we will stop at the Caserta Palace -the so-called "Versailles" of Italy - built by King Charles the Borbon in the 18th century to give his Kingdom of Naples a new and fortified capital from naval invasions and similar military offensives. You will be astounded by the immensity of the palace's 1200 rooms packed with precious artwork and the property's 5 hectares of carefully manicured gardens, 75-meter high waterfall and numerous marble fountains.
- Extras -
- We inform our clients that in order to ensure top quality service, our drivers are trained to give informative explanations of the local areas you visit .
Yet strict Italian tourist board regulations prohibit chauffeurs from commenting excessively at official tourist sites outside their vehicles. This is agreement with labour union agreements struck with licensed walking tour guides. They can, of course, speak to you from inside the vehicle anywhere organized tourism is in place.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Naples
- Naples Walking Tour - from 200 EUR
- Naples city tour - from 320 EUR
- Amalfi & Grotta Smeraldo & Positano - from 320 EUR
- Vietri & Paestum - from 360 EUR
Email the tour operator - Cassino and Caserta
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.