- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 1920 USD /person
- 001 720 989 9732
- 001 303 363 4166
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 12.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Italian, English
Last updated: 02/23/2007
This tour combines the best of two regions, both famous for their wines and classic Tuscan landscapes: Chianti and the Val d'Orcia. Visit the hilltowns of Pienza, Montalcino, Greve and more.
Your guide picks you up in Florence and brings you into Chianti to the town of Greve. After exploring the town, you take a walk in the hills above Greve, passing ancient villages, fortified towns and quaint country churches.
Starting from the castle of Volpaia, you walk to Querce della Fanciulla, for a wonderful panorama across the Chianti landscape. In the afternoon, you visit the Castello d'Albola for a private tour and wine-tasting.
Today's walk brings you to the highest point in Chianti and through the tiny mountain villages of Casole Alta and Le Masse. Panzano and the Conca d'Oro ("Shell of Gold") is nearby, with some of the finest wineries in Chianti.
In the morning you visit nearby Siena, for a walk through its medieval neighborhoods. After lunch, you continue south to the Val d'Orcia and Montalcino, where you'll spend the next three nights.
You walk today from Montalcino to the Abbey of Sant'Antimo, a 12th century jewel fashioned in large part of luminous alabaster. There is time this afternoon for a wine-tasting of Brunello.
Starting from the Renaissance village of Pienza, you walk to Montepulciano, known for another fine wine, the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
We help you on your way to your next destination with a transfer to Chiusi on the main Rome-Florence railway.
- Inclusions -
- breakfast and dinner each day
- Exclusions -
- wine with meals and other beverages with alcohol
- Extras -
- You can schedule this tour to start on any dates of your choosing. You can open your tour to other travelers and thereby take advantage of our tier-pricing discounts. In this case, the maximum group size is 8 participants. Or you can keep your tour private to your own group (no minimum or maximum group size).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Florence
- Private Cooking Class - from 130 EUR
- Dinner at home in Florence & Tuscany - from 40 EUR
- Florence Cruiser Bike Tour - from 39 EUR
- Wine & Cheese Tasting in Florence - from 29 EUR
- Private Wine Tasting in Florence - from 15 EUR
- Exclusive Tour of Florence - from 60 EUR
- Music Tour in Florence - from 130 EUR
- Florence Segway Tours - from 75 EUR
- Chianti Wine Tour - from 125 EUR
- Florence City Tour - from 300 EUR
- Excursion to Siena - from 415 EUR
- Pisa & Lucca - from 415 EUR
Email the tour operator - Tuscany Hilltowns
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud: