Private Cooking Class
- Price from:
- 130 EUR /person
- +39 338-5490672
- +39 055-2345303
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- At your hotel in Florence
- Location Finish:
- chef's house
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 02.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Italian, French, English
Last updated: 04/01/2009
FLORENCE! Cooking classes at Florentine private homes. A unique experience that will make for a very special kind of holiday. Lesson take place at chefâs private houses in the historical center.
Cook's house are located in the historical center of Florence.
Emma - one of our cook - is a Florentine lady that started as a director of an Indian & international cookery school, then she founded and managed â for 8 years - the famous Florentine chocolate bar âHemingwayâ. Actually she's retired, but she didn't loose her passion for cooking. She's also a certified olive oil taster acknowledged by the Regione Toscana.
The traditional cookery course can take place either in one lesson or spread over 3 days. This Tuscan cooking lesson is designed for those who wish to spend their holiday in Florence learning about local cuisine traditions and feel the magic atmosphere of the fresh food market.
The day starts with a guided tour of the local market (S. Lorenzo or Sant'Ambrogio) to buy the fresh ingredients needed to cook.
This cooking course will give you a complete overview of traditional Tuscan cooking. Under the supervision of your chef you will learn the theory and practical aspects of the traditional Tuscan way of cooking.
By yourself, you will prepare a complete meal, from Antipasto (Appetizer) to Dolce (Dessert) in a pleasant atmosphere. Special attention will be given to the choice of the ingredients - all local and exceptionally fresh. The cooking lesson is followed by lunch, where you will enjoy the dishes you have just prepared.
- Inclusions -
- Cooking experience - lunch included!
- Exclusions -
- any extra that is not indicated
- Extras -
- Menu Examples
All menus are flexible and personalized individually according to guestâ€s tastes and needs as well as taking into account food intolerances and/or allergies.
Tuscan NÂ° 1
Pecorino cheese flan with pears sauce Gnocchi gnudi: ricotta cheese and spinach gnocchi.
Hand-made ravioli filled with Spinach and Ricotta.
Etruscan style rabbit with vegetables.
Tuscan NÂ° 2
Sweet and sour crostini.
Home made Pappardelle pasta with sauce.
Guinea fowl with rosemary and mixed chicory.
Tuscan NÂ° 3
Crostini with liver pate.
Florentine style chine of pork with green peas.
Chocolate mousse with Rum and coffee.
Tuscan NÂ° 4
Crostini with pesto sauce and lard.
Florentine style crepes.
Pears with red Chianti wine.
* TRANSPORTATION to the place where the cooking lesson take place and back to your apartment is not included in the price; from the market to the house you can decide to walk, take a bus or a taxi. If you require transportation with a private driver to and from the apartment, we are certainly able to arrange this as an extra service.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Florence
- Dinner at home in Florence & Tuscany - from 40 EUR
- Florence Cruiser Bike Tour - from 39 EUR
- Wine & Cheese Tasting in Florence - from 29 EUR
- Private Wine Tasting in Florence - from 15 EUR
- Exclusive Tour of Florence - from 60 EUR
- Music Tour in Florence - from 130 EUR
- Florence Segway Tours - from 75 EUR
- Chianti Wine Tour - from 125 EUR
- Florence City Tour - from 300 EUR
- Excursion to Siena - from 415 EUR
- Pisa & Lucca - from 415 EUR
- Tuscany Hilltowns - 7 days from 1920 USD
Email the tour operator - Private Cooking Class
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.