Pisa & Lucca
- Price from:
- 415 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 06/21/2006
We will lead you trough the principal monuments and artistic treasures of two of Tuscany's most celebrated destinations -Pisa, home to the Leaning Tower, and the fortified medieval city of Lucca..
Our 8-hour excursion will lead you through the principal monuments and artistic treasures of two of Tuscany's most celebrated destinations -Pisa, home to the Leaning Tower, and the fortified medieval city of Lucca. Pisa: The Leaning Tower of Pisa, considered one of the world's Seven Wonders, is not the only marvel the town has to offer. Pisa boasts several architectural splendors thanks to a robust economy during its golden age as a Maritime Republic. Such wealth is seen in its marble-lined Cathedral, basilicas, public buildings and university designed by the Renaissance's best engineers and architects.The architectural beauty of Pisa is perhaps surpassed only by its surrounding natural parks and seaside, as in the Migliarino Natural Preserve, Monte Pisano and panoramic Mediterranean shoreline.
Lucca: The fortified town of Lucca, the so-called "city of a hundred churches", has been often rated as Italy's best city to live in. This is large part thanks to its quiet streets free of traffic and pollution, its wide open public squares, well-manicured parks. This is the same city where most citizens still commute to work on bicycles!
The town's medieval churches and palaces have all been perfectly preserved throughout the centuries, just like the thick surrounding walls and protective mote which helped fend off Lucca from numerous hostile invasions since 650 AD.
To end your visit, we suggest taking a romantic stroll along Lucca's ancient walls -an area now transformed into a public park k- while spotting Medieval spires projecting into the Tuscan blue sky above.
- Extras -
- We inform our clients that in order to ensure top quality service, our drivers are trained to give informative explanations of the local areas you visit .
Yet strict Italian tourist board regulations prohibit chauffeurs from commenting excessively at official tourist sites outside their vehicles. This is agreement with labour union agreements struck with licensed walking tour guides. They can, of course, speak to you from inside the vehicle anywhere organized tourism is in place.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Florence
- Private Cooking Class - from 130 EUR
- Dinner at home in Florence & Tuscany - from 40 EUR
- Florence Cruiser Bike Tour - from 39 EUR
- Wine & Cheese Tasting in Florence - from 29 EUR
- Private Wine Tasting in Florence - from 15 EUR
- Exclusive Tour of Florence - from 60 EUR
- Music Tour in Florence - from 130 EUR
- Florence Segway Tours - from 75 EUR
- Chianti Wine Tour - from 125 EUR
- Florence City Tour - from 300 EUR
- Excursion to Siena - from 415 EUR
- Tuscany Hilltowns - 7 days from 1920 USD
Email the tour operator - Pisa & Lucca
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.