Music Tour in Florence
- Price from:
- 130 EUR /person
- +39 055 2398855
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Tour will begin at the entrance of the Accademia Gallery in Via Ricasoli
- Location Finish:
- Florence Historic Centre
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 01.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Italian, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 10/24/2008
Among the most interesting instruments on display are a tenor viola by Antonio Stradivari, a cello which formed part of the same quintet of strings made in 1690 for Grand Prince Ferdinando....
Privileged entrance and a guided tour of the Accademia Gallery to admire a fabulous collection of fifty music instruments dating from the late 17th to early 19th centuries, formerly belonging to members of the Medici and Lorraine families.
Among the most interesting instruments on display are a tenor viola by Antonio Stradivari, a cello which formed part of the same quintet of strings made in 1690 for Grand Prince Ferdinando, a violin of 1716 by Stradivari and a cello of 1650 by Niccolï¿½ Amati.
The Museum also has two rare instruments by Bartolomeo Cristofori, the inventor of the piano, and the oldest vertical piano in existence.
The instruments are exhibited with paintings representing musicians at the Medici court. Computers enable you to hear the sound of all the instruments on view besides providing information on the history of music in Florence at the time of the grand-dukes.
Our tour continue to visit its famous sculptures by Michelangelo: the Prisoners, the St. Matthew and, especially, the statue of David.
Special visit to a Violin Maker workshop
The shop of Paolo Vettori and his sons is the only violin makerï¿½s workshop maintained through three generations producing fine stringed instruments on antique wood in Florence.
We will admire the incredible process to obtain one violin directly from Dario Vettori who will explain us many secret of this unbelievable art.
- Inclusions -
- Reservation and tickets to Accademia Gallery
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- From Tuesday to Saturday
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Florence
- Private Cooking Class - from 130 EUR
- Dinner at home in Florence & Tuscany - from 40 EUR
- Florence Cruiser Bike Tour - from 39 EUR
- Wine & Cheese Tasting in Florence - from 29 EUR
- Private Wine Tasting in Florence - from 15 EUR
- Exclusive Tour of Florence - from 60 EUR
- Florence Segway Tours - from 75 EUR
- Chianti Wine Tour - from 125 EUR
- Florence City Tour - from 300 EUR
- Excursion to Siena - from 415 EUR
- Pisa & Lucca - from 415 EUR
- Tuscany Hilltowns - 7 days from 1920 USD
Email the tour operator - Music Tour in Florence
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.