Italian Cooking Holidays in Ravenna
- Price from:
- 1499 GBP /person
- 0044 131 625 7002
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- BA Flight from Gatwick to Bologna (Regional flights can also be organised at an additional price)
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Italian, English
Last updated: 08/08/2008
Our weeklong Cooking Holidays near Ravenna are particularly varied and interesting and are held during the months of June and September and incur no single supplement.
On your arrival at Bologna airport, we will transfer you to the Ravenna Villa, where you will receive a light snack and meet the rest of the team and other guests. Later in the evening we meet for a traditional Italian dinner which will be presented and prepared by our chef. During dinner we will give you a small presentation on the foods and wines of Emilia Romagna, the history of the area and a broader outlook on the week's program
After a traditional Italian breakfast of home made pastries and cakes you will have your first cooking lesson, where you will be shown how to make the famous little pasta parcels called Tortellini. In the afternoon we visit the small village of Dozza with dinner being served back at the villa
The day starts with a visit to the vibrant food market of Bologna. Learn to do market shopping like an Italian! You will visit sights such as the seven Churches of Saint Stefano. In the afternoon you are free to shop. Later the group meets for to enjoy dinner together
You have another cooking lesson in the morning and the afternoon is free to enjoy as you wish. In the evening, we meet a local wine farmer at his vineyard where he will explain every step of wine making and we also get to enjoy some local nibbles and taste the local wines
You have a cooking lesson in the morning. In the afternoon we take you on a guided tour around one of the most beautiful cities on the Adriatic Coast, Ravenna. See the famous mosaics in a Byzantine Church and the grave of Dante. For dinner we meet at quaint Restaurant near Ravenna, where you can enjoy a traditional meal
The morning is again spent cooking in the kitchen. The afternoon is again free for you relax
You will show you how to make a few dishes of âAperitivo's' as well as other meals and desserts in preparation for the evenings dinner, âfeast at the fiesta', where you will meet a few local Italians. In the afternoon, you have the opportunity for a brief shopping outing to the local town of Imola. Here you can purchase real Parmesan Cheese, Balsamic Vinegars and Salami's at one of the many local Delicatessen. Enjoy your final evening meeting a few locals and tasting the dishes you have made during the day.
After breakfast we will arrange for transportation back to the airport
- Inclusions -
- A visit to Ravenna and Imola
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bologna
Email the tour operator - Italian Cooking Holidays in Ravenna
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.