A Taste of Emilia Romagna
- Price from:
- 650 EUR /person
- (US) 260-418-5538
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Your Hotel in Bologna
- Location Finish:
- Your Hotel in Bologna
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 03/26/2008
Esperia Travels now offers three day escorted tours. Join us as we spend three full days and two nights sampling some of the best cities in Emilia Romagna.
Our day begins with a morning walking tour of Bologna. A local, licensed guide will take us to visit the Basilica of San Petronio, the Fountain of Neptune and the shrine to the World War II partisans, all located in Piazza Maggiore. Our morning walk will take us through medieval streets and under historic porticoes. We will tour the Church of San Stefano and stop to gaze at the "Two Towers", considered to be the symbols of Bologna. When our morning tour is finished, we will rest our feet at one my favorite restaurants. There will enjoy a four course meal of traditional Bolognese dishes. The rest of the afternoon is yours to do as you please. Some guests may want to shop, some may wish to explore the charming historic center, while others may opt to climb two and a half miles of porticoed steps, to the church of San Luca. Whatever your desire, I will have plenty of suggestions on where to go and what to do.
This morning we will travel one hour north to the city of Parma, famous around the world for its DOC rated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Prosciutto di Parma. A local guide will meet us for a walking tour of the city. We will visit the Piazza della Pace, the church of San Giovanni Evangelisa and the church of Sant' Antonio Abate. We will also make a stop in the Piazza della Duomo for a tour of the Duomo and the Baptistery, the symbol of Parma. After our private tour, we will feast on a delicious meal at one of my favorite, local restaurants. There we will feast on the rich cuisine of Parma, enjoying a four course meal. When our lunch is complete, we will head to a Parmigiana cheese factory where we will take a tour and learn about the process of making the delectable, world famous, cheese. When our factory tour is finished, we will have a chance to sample the cheese before returning to our hotel in Bologna. This evening you are free to do as you please.
After breakfast, our private coach will take us to Ravenna, the city of mosaics. A local, licensed guide will take us on a morning tour of Ravenna where we will see the best eastern mosaics found in the western world. Our tour will begin at the famous Church of San Vitale where we will have a chance to see the best examples of early Christian art. More mosaics await us at the mausoleum of Galla Placcidia, the Neonian Baptistry, and the church of San Apollinare Nuovo. Our last stop before lunch will be to visit the tomb of Italy's most beloved poet, Dante Alighieri. After we have been dazzled by the glittering art, we will pause for lunch at another one of my favorite restaurants. Here you will have your first chance to sample "La Cucina Romagnola", the Romangolo kitchen. After a lingering lunch, you will have a few hours to explore Ravenna's historic center on your own or you can join me for a visit to the Roman stone carpet before our private coach returns us to Bologna.
- Inclusions -
- The services of a tour director throughout your stay
- Exclusions -
- Transportation to the hotel on the first day
- Extras -
- Our three day tours are available throughout the year and are scheduled at the customer's request.
Price is based on double occupancy (twin or double).
Single rooms are available at an additional charge.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bologna
Email the tour operator - A Taste of Emilia Romagna
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.