5 Day Celtic Rocker
- Price from:
- 209 EUR /person
- + 353 1 672 7651
- + 353 1 672 5935
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Kinlay House, 2-12 Lord Edward Street, Dublin 2
- Location Finish:
- Kinlay House, 2-12 Lord Edward Street, Dublin 2
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/14/2010
For those with at least 5 days in the Emerald Isle, the Celtic Rocker is the only way to go. Five amazing days around Ireland's spectacular South and West Coasts that will bombard your senses and change your life forever!
We'll awaken your senses to the sounds and scents of Ireland, show you places you never imagined existed (and will never forget!).
Immerse yourself in myth and legend first off at The Hill of Tara, seat of the High Kings and a Pagan Stronghold of ancient Ireland. Next, off to Kilbeggan, home to one of the oldest licensed Whiskey Distilleries in the world. After sampling the good stuff it's onto Ireland's pilgrimage town of Knock to clear your conscience! The Atlantic town of Westport is a perfect place to sit back and enjoy the "Ceol agus Craic" (that's music and good times to us!)
En route to Kylemore Abbey, enjoy the spectacular scenery of Connemara, from our own Holy Mountain Croagh Patrick to Doolough Valley with a lake as dark as its history. Walk through the brooding mountains of wild and rugged Connemara or picnic on one of its beautiful white sandy beaches before relaxing in the tiny capital of the region, Clifden. Next up is Galway city! Hang out in its maze of colorful medieval streets and soak up its lively cultural scene.
Start the day with a beautiful scenic drive along Galway Bay & Kinvarra Bay into the heart of the Burren's lunar limestone landscape. Wonder at the 5000 year old portal tomb Pol na Brone Dolmen before a coastal drive to a beautiful beach for a game of Gaelic footie! Relax over a pint of the black stuff before seeing the awe inspiring Cliffs of Moher. Doolin, home of traditional Irish music is our overnight stop.
Head south along the windswept coast of Clare. Watch out for dolphins on our ferry crossing over the mighty River Shannon. Sit back and enjoy the beautiful countryside of Ireland's Kingdom, Kerry, en route to the charming and colourful fishing town, Dingle - home to Fungi the Dolphin! Take in the spectacular views along the Dingle peninsula, a magical place of unique beauty, beaches, palm trees, stonewalls and Irish speakers! Spot the Sleeping Giant and the Three Sisters as you walk to the edge of the world! Then it's the drama and spectacle of the Kerry Mountains before settling in for the night. Our overnight stop is bustling Killarney town, surrounded by Killarney National Park and the famous lakes.
From the mountains of Kerry we Journey through the picturesque valleys and the pretty hills of West Cork- the cradle of the Irish War of Independence where you'll hear tales of Michael Collins and the old IRA. Kiss the Blarney Stone and discover fairy lore. Walk the wishing steps, get the gift of the gab and enjoy the magic and scullduggery of Blarney Castle. Be inspired by the tower of Babel formation in the Mitchelstown Caves. Wonder at the dramatic spectacle of the Rock of Cashel, a church fortress overlooking the fertile plains of Munster. Then it's through Tipperary and on past the stud farms of Kildare as we make for the Fair City - Dublin. There may even be time for a last pint in a hidden pub along the way!
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Extras - Departs: April October Mondays
May September Mondays & Saturdays
Your Fan-Fecking-Tastic Shamrocker Adventures guide
All transport around the Emerald Isle
Transfer & Ferry to Inis Mór (April - September)
Cliffs of Moher
Price: Adult 219, student 209 with valid ID
Accommodation: Shamrocker Adventures pre book hostel dorms for all passengers. So all you have to do is pay on arrival, dorm beds cost on average 18 - 22 per person including breakfast.
Food: We stop for lunch as we go. For dinner you can cater for yourself at the hostel or try a good meal out or even get together and share a cook-up with the rest of the tour.
Check-in time: 8.15am @ Shamrocker Adventures HQ, Kinlay House Dublin, 2/12 Lord Edward St (continuation of Dame St), Dublin 2. Tour returns to Dublin approx 5.30pm.
Tour outline: Each tour is slightly different to take account of local events, weather conditions, the interests of the group and a few wee surprises!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Dublin
- Bringing You the best of Dublin - from 45 EUR
- Rural Pub Tour - from 59 EUR
- Moher Magic - from 55 EUR
- 3 Day Western Rocker - 3 days from 135 EUR
- 5 Day Northern Ireland Tour - 5 days from 583.2 EUR
- Northern Shocker Halloween in Derry - 3 days from 125 EUR
- Celtic Combo - 8 days from 479 EUR
- Monks & Mountains - 4 days from 209 EUR
- 7 Day All Ireland Rocker - 7 days from 309 EUR
- Classic Ireland - 7 days from 400 EUR
- 3 Day Southern Rocker - 3 days from 135 EUR
- 3 Day Northern Rocker - 3 days from 135 EUR
- Ireland West And Wild - 5 days from 582 EUR
- Dublin & St Patrick - 4 days from 229 GBP
- Grand Ireland Tours - 8 days from 1999 USD
- Mystic Ireland Departing Dublin on Saturdays - 2 days from 145 EUR
- Irish Explorer - 6 days from 415 EUR
- Vagabond Seven Day - 7 days from 715 EUR
- Taste of Ireland - 5 days from 493 EUR
Email the tour operator - 5 Day Celtic Rocker
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.