Iceland Classic Tour
- Price from:
- 3679 USD /person
- 204 949 3075
- 204 949 0188
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/20/2006
This is the perfect itinerary for those wishing to fully explore the country with the comfort and convenience of a fully escorted coach tour. It is operated with a small group, and is our headline tou
Depart on your Icelandair flight for Keflavik.
Arrive at Keflavik airport and transfer to Reykjavik. In the afternoon you will be taken to the Blue Lagoon to rejuvenate before returning to Reykjavik for a quiet evening.
The tour will depart from Reykjavik this morning and, following a brief city tour, head to Thingvellir, the site of the original Icelandic parliament and continue over a mountain pass down to Borgarnes.
From Borgarnes you travel westward around the Snaefellsnes peninsula before reaching the fishing village at Stykkisholmur.
A remarkable day as the journey takes you through the demanding countryside of the north, through high passes, past the Godafoss waterfall and finally to Lake Myvatn where you will spend two nights.
Today you will explore the Myvatn area and enjoy its unique landscapes.
This morning you will visit Husavik, the whale watching centre, and then continue to Dettifoss and through the desert highlands to Egilsstadir.
The journey starts back toward Reykjavik swinging southwest past small fishing villages and through the Alamannskard pass into Hofn.
Europe's largest icecap Vatnajokull lies here, and you will explore it this morning with an option to go sailing among the icebergs. The journey continues through Skaftafell National Park before reaching Vik.
The final leg of the journey will take you through the Golden Circle before returning to Iceland's capital for your last night.
The final morning in Reykjavik is free to explore, take a whale watching tour or simply shop before heading to Keflavik for your return flight home.
- Inclusions -
- Round-trip airfare from North American gateway chosen to Iceland.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Reykjavik
- Winter biking in Reykjavik - from 35000 ISK
- Glaciers & Geysirs & Waterfalls - 7 days from 1905 USD
Email the tour operator - Iceland Classic Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.