Folklore performance with Dinner and Cruise
- Price from:
- 40.4 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 hours
- Location Start:
- Danube Palace, 1051, Budapest, Zrínyi u. 5
- Location Finish:
- Danube palace, 1051, Budapest, Zrínyi u. 5
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
- Hungarian, English
Last updated: 02/24/2010
Whole evening program. Starts with the Hungarian folk dance performance and continues with the Dinner & Cruise. On the evening maybe you can’t prove if Mr. Strauss was right with his colour of Danube, but you will have wonderful view on the illuminated Budapest .
We promise you unforgettable evening with romantic candlelight atmosphere.
There are not many countries beside Hungary, where the art of folk-dancing is at such high artistic level. There exists even a college for studying Hungarian folk dances.
The Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, the Danube Folk Ensemble and Rajkó Folk Ensemble are three of the best professional Hungarian folk ensembles with the longest tradition (formed in 1951, 1957, and 1952), which have performances all around the country and abroad.
All the three of the ensembles consist of 30 artists. Their choreographies are based on authentic dances. Some of them were collected in isolated villages and date back hundreds of years. Through the performed dances you can get a broad view of the music, dance and costume heritage of Hungary and the Hungarian inhabited areas.
Every concert starts at 20.00, and consists of two parts, 40-45 minutes each, plus an intermission.
After the folklore performance, a host or hostess will escort you to the pier. The cruise starts at 22:00, but always waits for the guests from the theatre.
On the ship, you can feel Budapest's romantic atmosphere surrounded by the friendly lights of the Danube capital and enjoy a warm and excellent buffet-dinner, which is prepared by Hungary’s only one Gault Millau rated chef, Klöter Gregor-Grex. We will take you on a 1,5-hour-long cruise on one of our air-conditioned ships. In the romantic candlelight atmosphere you can enjoy the wonderful view of Budapest swimming in light. After dinner you can also admire the panorama from the open upper deck of the ship.
Champagne or Peach Pálinka or Orange Juice
Curd Cheese Cream seasoned Hungarian style"
Goose Greaves Cream
Traditional Goulash Soup with Loin Cubes
Warm main course
Grilled Chicken Breast served with Cheese Sauce Tokaj style"
Hungarian Letcho with Vienna sausage
Grilled Sausage with Mini Stuffed Cabbage
Vegetable - Lasagna
Buttered Parsley Potatoes
Greek Rustic Salad with Feta Cheese
Potato Salad with Onions and Light Mayonnaise
Noodle Salad with Rosemary
Fresh Green Salads with different kinds of Dressings
Variety of Mini Desserts
Variety of Mini Strudels with Cinnamon-Vanilla Sauce
Season and Exotic Fruits
1 glass of red or white wine + 1 bottle of water (0,33) or soft drink
Discounted package price for the Folklore show and the Dinner & Cruise (Depending on the category of the seats for the performance): 13.400 HUF / 12.600 HUF / 10.800 HUF
1st Cat with Pick-up service: 15.900 HUF
- Inclusions -
- folklore performance, hot buffet dinner, drinks, sightseeing
- Exclusions -
- audio guide
- Extras -
- Pick up service from your hotel
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Budapest
- Jewish Tour Jewish Budapest - from 70 EUR
- A Birds Eye View Over Budapest - from 374 EUR
- Private walking tour in Budapest - from 0 EUR
- Private driving tour in Budapest - from 43 EUR
- Jewish Heritage Private Walking Tour in Budapest - from 3 EUR
- Budapest Explorer City Tour - from 20 EUR
- Jewish Tour Budapest 3 hour Tour - from 35 GBP
- Budapest Walks - from 25 USD
- Budapest City Tour - from 149 USD
- Tour Package of Budapest and its surroundings - 7 days from 900 EUR
- The Triangle City Tour of Vienna, Prague and Budapest - 5 days from 615 EUR
- Short Break City Tour to Budapest - 3 days from 315 EUR
- The Grand UNESCO Tour of Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria - 20 days from 2500 EUR
- Classic Tour of Transylvania from Budapest - 7 days from 900 EUR
- The Highlights of Budapest, Lake Balaton and Tokaj regions in... - 7 days from 1150 EUR
Email the tour operator - Folklore performance with Dinner and Cruise
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.