Tour around The South Balkan
- Price from:
- 799 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Dutch, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Greek, English, Turkish
Last updated: 06/23/2009
Travel Macedonia is pleased to bring to you a fantastic tour of this fascinating region. We are local specialists, and we have worked to organise a 12 day trip full of culture and history.
ARAIVING IN THESSALONIKI
Departure. Meeting on the Thessalonica airport with the guide, the representatives and the driver. Accommodation in very nice hotel in the best part of the city. Having dinner.
THESSALONIKI : VERGINA : MELNIK (300km)
Breakfast. Visiting the historical center of Thessalonica. Traveling to Vergina visiting the ruins of an antique Macedonian city. Living Greece and we are traveling to Bulgaria and visiting the wine city Melnik. Dinner.
MELNIK : RILA : PLOVDIV (350km)
Breakfast. Travelig to Rila, , visiting the most beautiful monastery on the Balkan, dedicatee to Ivan Rilski, with unique frescos and history. Traveling to Plovdiv, visiting the ethnographic museum, the church St. Constantine and Helena, the roman theater and the historical center of Plovdiv. Dinner.
PLOVDIV : BACHKOVO : KAZANLAK (160km)
Breakfast. Traveling to Bachkovo, visiting the monastery in Bachkovo. Traveling to Kazanlak, visiting Thracian tomb (protected by UNESCO). Dinner.
KAZANLAK : KOPRIVSHTICA : SOFIA (290km)
Breakfast. Traveling to Koprivshtica, visiting the house museum and the church Holy Virgin. Traveling to Sofia, Visiting the capital of Bulgaria, the oldest church St. Giorgio, Aleksandar Nevski, St. Sofia and Boyana (protected by UNESCO). Dinner.
SOFIA : K. PALANKA : SKOPIE (240km)
Breakfast. Traveling to Skopie. Visiting the capital of Macedonia, Museums of Macedonia, The Church of St Spas : Skopje, the fortress Kaleto, the Ottoman-era Old Town (Stara Charshija), Turkish mosqueð, the cathedral. Dinner.
SKOPIE : TETOVO : OHRID (220km)
Breakfast. Traveling to Tetovo. Visiting Turkish mosqueð (monument protect by UNESCO). Traveling to Gostivar. Having lunch in Gostivar. Traveling to visit st. Jovan Bigorski. Visiting the Ancient part of Ohrid (protected by UNESCO). Dinner.
OHRID : BERAT (210 km)
Breakfast. Leaving Macedonia and traveling to Albania to city Berat, visiting the antique city, the fortress and the local moshea. Dinner.
BERAT : ARGIROCASTRO : SARANDA (180km)
Breakfast. Traveling to Argirocastro, visiting the antique city, the ethnographic museum and the museum from the civil war in Albania. Traveling to Saranda Albanian most popular summer resort. Dinner.
SARANDA : BUTRINTI : IGOUMENIZA (200km)
Breakfast. Traveling to Butriniti, visiting the archeological city (protected by UNESCO) and the archeological museum. Traveling to Greece to Igoumeniza. Dinner.
IGOUMENIZA : METEORA : THESSALONIKI (350km)
Breakfast. Traveling to Meteora, visiting the unique monsters on the build on rocks.
Traveling to Thessalonika.
DEPARTURE FROM THESSALONIKI
- Extras -
- Prices do include all accommodation in Macedonia on a 1/2 board basis, all lunches as per itinerary and all transport during the tour as well as local airport transfers and all entries to museums and historical sites and 1 guide and 1 driver. Tips and drinks are not included.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Thessaloniki
Email the tour operator - Tour around The South Balkan
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.